• Tweets

• did you submit your directions
    • They have defended the claim by saying that the job was of unsatisfactory standard and they had to call another carpenter to remedy. My husband has text messages about them losing the keys a second time and also an email. What do they hope to achieve??? Most importantly,  as far as I have seen online, now I need to wait for paperwork from the court, correct?
    • The Notice to Hirer does not comply with the protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule  4 . This is before I ask if Europarks have sent you a copy of the PCN they sent to Arval along with a copy of the hire agreement et. if they haven't done that either you are totally in the clear and have nothing to worry about and nothing to pay. The PCN they have sent you is supposed to be paid by you according to the Act within 21 days. The chucklebuts have stated 28 days which is the time that motorists have to pay. Such a basic and simple thing . The Act came out in 2012 and still they cannot get it right which is very good news for you. Sadly there is no point in telling them- they won't accept it because they lose their chance to make any money out of you. they are hoping that by writing to you demanding money plus sending in their  unregulated debt collectors and sixth rate solicitors that you might be so frightened as to pay them money so that you can sleep at night. Don't be surprised if some of their letters are done in coloured crayons-that's the sort of  level of people you will be dealing with. Makes great bedding for the rabbits though. Euro tend not to be that litigious but while you can safely ignore the debt collectors just keep an eye out for a possible Letter of Claim. They are pretty rare but musn't be ignored. Let us know so that you can send a suitably snotty letter to them showing that you are not afraid of them and are happy to go to Court as you like winning.  
    • They did reply to my defence stating it would fail and enclosed copies of NOA, DN Term letter and account statements. All copies of T&C's that could be reconstructions and the IP address on there resolves to the town where MBNA offices are, not my location
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Urgent advice needed please on outright possession and eviction. Thanks.

debtdoubter09
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I would be grateful for some help please.

I had a possession hearing in November and informed the court that I had become unemployed and was awaiting confirmation of income based JSA and would likely be entitled to Support for Mortgage Interest.

The Judge was very helpful and stated that because the entitlement to benefits had not been confirmed he could not consider them at that time, however, he would grant an outright possession order of 56 days and was very clear that, should my circumstance change within that time and the proof of SMI be available, I should return to court where he would be very happy to consider suspending the possession order because there was in his words, 'plenty of time left on the mortgage to clear the arrears'.

I submitted an N244 to court requesting a hearing to suspend the possession order as I am now in receipt of SMI and my father in law has agreed to make up the shortfall each month to make the monthly payment plus the minimum required to the arrears. The N244 was submitted in early January within the 56 days and the hearing date is early next week.

I have spoken to NRAM about this and have attempted to come to an arrangement prior to the hearing and they point blank refuse and have stated that the repayment figure presented to the court no longer applies because that was interest only and now they want interest plus capital... can they do that even though the figures at the possession hearing and in all subsequent letters have been the same as the figure in court?

More urgently, I was advised at court when I submitted the N244 that because it was within the 56 days it would prevent NRAM from applying for an eviction warrant prior to the new hearing. This appears not to be the case because today I received an eviction notice from NRAM's solicitors giving a date when the bailiffs will attend to remove us.... Can someone please advise me on the law here, should the N244 not have prevented NRAM from applying for an eviction warrant?

I hope that this all makes sense and I will be very grateful for your advice.

Many thanks.

More urgently, I was advised at court when I submitted the N244 that because it was within the 56 days it would prevent NRAM from applying for an eviction warrant prior to the new hearing. This appears not to be the case because today I received an eviction notice from NRAM's solicitors giving a date when the bailiffs will attend to remove us.... Can someone please advise me on the law here, should the N244 not have prevented NRAM from applying for an eviction warrant?

I hope that this all makes sense and I will be very grateful for your advice.

Many thanks.

Court staff should not give legal advice - they usually get it wrong, largely because they are not lawyers.

Is your hearing date listed before the date indicated on the Notice of Eviction? If so, then you have nothing to worry about - your hearing will take place and it is likely the eviction will be stayed.

It is usual for the NoE to come from the bailiffs office and not via a solicitor, so check whether the letter you received is actually from the bailiffs (you can call them to double check and to inform them that you have a hearing listed to vary the original PO).

With regards to the interest only aspect - whether they can change this depends on whether your original loan was a capital repayment mortgage or interest only. If it was interest only, they cannot now change it to capital repayment - but if it was CR and they gave you a grace period of IO, then they are entitled to withdraw that if the period of time they offered it for has expired.

Hi Lea_HTH

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my post, the eviction date is after the hearing date, hopefully the DJ will be the same one and will vary the order.

The original agreement was CR however I've been on IO for years and that is the figure that NRAM took to court to inflate the number of months in arrears because most of the arrears were accrued a few years ago when I was still on CR so technically I was about half as many months in arrears on the CR figure than the IO figure!

I may well be snookered now because I cannot afford the CR payment, not until I'm back in work at least! I wish the lender had taken the CR figures to court and been transparent about what they were doing rather than change the rules a few days before the hearing!

Thanks again for your help.

Do you have a repayment vehicle for the mortgage if you remain on IO?

Is the property worth more than the outstanding mortgage?

If there is equity in the property, then there may be no prejudice to the mortgagee in leaving you on IO for a while longer - but they may argue that there is no repayment vehicle for an IO mortgage and therefore their investment is at risk.

Hi Lea_HTH

I have no vehicle for the mortgage if I remain on IO, the property currently has around 50K of equity so there is unlikely to be any prejudice to the mortgagee if I remain on IO.

I have the property on the market and have a reasonable prospect of it selling in the spring as I am in a sought after location which has just this week had a chance of sale increased after the local authority removed the land adjacent to the property from pockets of land being considered as potential locations for Gypsy and Traveller sites. This was the reason the estate agent gave for the property not having sold already and now the threat of development has been lifted the agent expects a fairly quick sale.

Thanks again.

With the equity in the property, you are in a reasonably strong position to argue in court that you should be given a further period of IO - though the court may not have much discretion about this. However, the court were informed you were on IO, so changing it at this late stage causes some prejudice to you.

If you're selling, that is an even stronger point to put forward.

I am sure it will be all right - just ensure you explain everything thoroughly to the judge, and take any proof of what you are saying with you. E.g proof that your father in law is prepared to assist you, that you have the property on the market, and that there is a realistic prospect of selling (get the estate agent to write a letter informing what other similar properties have sold for).

• 2 weeks later...

Although not as far down the line as you, I have a repossession order waiting to go to court as well and am only two months in arrears. Like you I have applied for help for the interest but have to wait 13 weeks as I have only just starting claiming JSA. I am off the firm belief that NRAM want to get as many people out as soon as possible. They cannot close down NRAM until everyone has gone! I am speaking with Watchdog and others about it. Good luck and will be interested in hearing how you get on.

my father in law has agreed to make up the shortfall each month

I may be entirely wrong, but you might want to check with a benefit expert (we have a few on the forum) as I believe DWP may count any regular payment from a relative as income and deduct it from your benefits, entirely defeating the object of the payment! There may be some exemptions for paying the mortgage or similar, but please check before accepting money from anyone else. The last thing you need is to be done for benefit fraud as well.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.