Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Ah I see what you mean. That is unfortunate, but guess there's little I can do then. Thanks very much for your help!
    • OK I sent CCA request on Monday 7/6 recorded delivery with a postal order uncrossed with £1 stating on the back that it didn't go towards any alleged debt.   Wednesday 9/6, received the postal order back from Arrow with a cover letter saying they no longer charge a fee and 'we will respond as soon as we can'   Then on Friday 11/6 morning a letter dated the 10th (they said if we didn't hear back from you by the 11th) I got a letter of claim from Drydens saying 'if you do not provide proposals to repay, legal action may be issued in the county court'.  Along with 'you have 30 days to respond'. Attached is a printout of an income and expenditure sheet.
    • Your attachment was viewable in your first post.   Does the issue you mention with the wallpaper/slight stain really constitute a breach ?  Is it significant enough ?   The wallpaper was probably applied before the wall was properly dry.  But the other possibility, is that the tenants did not open windows regularly to ventilate the room.  It is important for windows to be opened or put into a vent position on a regular basis, to ensure that moisture is allowed out.   If the tenant had clothes drying in the house, with baths/showers being used etc, this may have helped cause the wallpaper peeling  and the damp stain.   Today has been a lovely Summer day in many parts of the UK, so the tenants may not be as quick to respond.  Same issue with replies to this site, so you might get other responses later.   The tenant is unlikely to try to pursue you for the matress or health issue they say is caused by a damp issue.  Unlikely to have sufficient evidence and their own actions may be the cause.   They are most likely deciding whether to complete work in the garden or not.   You are within your rights to hold onto the deposit for now, until the reasonable request to return property to pre let condition is completed.    
    • Oh Yorky, I'm so sorry you're still having trouble with your dad's hospital.   I can't believe they are still being so awkward, I sometimes think they (companies in general, not just hospitals) forget that we put ourselves through this stress and worry not because we want to, or even because we have to, but because we want what's best for our loved ones.   Their advice for you to deliver the form in person is at odds with the advice on their own website stating that visits have been suspended due to Covid. I mean, I would understand if someone wanted you to drop off clothes for your dad, but a piece of paper? Which could end up anywhere? That's... crazy.   I don't know if the following link is worth a try or whether you've been down this road, but the hospital website has details of all the consultants Consultants | North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust WWW.NTH.NHS.UK If you want to find out details of our hospital consultants and contact information you can search for them in our A-Z. obviously you'll know your dad's consultant name, but the phone numbers on there, are they ward ones that you've tried before or do they look different?   That said, even if you are more successful with that, definitely still get PALS and as much senior management on board as you can with a formal complaint. You shouldn't have to go to such lengths to get hold of the right people and for the right information, especially at such a stressful time.   You point out that you remember you're doing this for your brother and your dad, which is the best approach. I'm sure they, in their own way, know that you are pushing yourself and pushing the hospital for an outcome as you are is because of them.   I know it's easy for someone on the internet to say "look after yourself", "do this to help with stress" etc, but if you do feel you need extra help with dealing with your stress/worry, please don't be afraid to seek help from a doctor yourself. A "well" you is the best sort of support for your dad and brother.   I wish I could offer more support and I'm sure that if anyone else of the CAG community has any other suggestions, I'm sure they will come here and let you know.  
    • Ok update.  I have spent the last week or two, trying to get help from the Staff Nurses and Matron, regarding the Consultant or someone to have my dads lack of capacity documented, either their own paperwork or me sending COP3. I   they have informed the consultant looking after my dad, who at this moment is sounding very ill, with medical issues on top of delirium and confusion, he is apparently having blood transfusion bag things. not eating and drinking. I have even spoken to the consultants secretary to explain the urgent matter and to have the consultant contact over the last few days WITHOUT SUCCESS, conversion ended today with its a legal form can I take it into hospital personally, er..I dont drive and Im in Northampton, Hospital is Stockton on Tees.    the nurses cant help need to speak to consultant!!!!!!! conversation ended with well I will complain to PALS, GMC secretary of Health or whoever......reply was looks like it then?   I have just compiled a 3 page letter [well e mail one] sent to PALS, I will follow up with a written one and to whoever else I can contact.   I need this medical form before I can do anything else with court or appointee   anyone have any ideas cos Im now at my gasping point, wondering why the hell am I taking on all this stress and worry, then I think of my younger brother, and that reminds me why I am doing it and doing it for.
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

  • Recommended Topics

Redundancy & Offered a compromise Agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts


I was told last week my job was "at risk" and received a formal notice 3 days later to advise of this.


My job title is definitely redundant but my workload has actually increased.


At m,y first consultation meeting yesterday which started at 3.51pm and finished at 16.01pm

I was told that there were no other positions available and my job was redundant.


My employer then started to say he was talking "without prejudice and began giving me statutory redundancy figures

and offered me a compromise agreement of a small amount more if I worked my notice.


I asked for the bit of paper he was writing on and he refused,

saying it would all be in the documents I would receive in next weeks meeting.


I am 48 and have worked at my company for 2.5 years.

I was happy to take the documents and once I had it in writing to get legal advice.


There was no real consultation and he told me that I would be made redundant without any meaningful consultation.


Today I have received a copy of his minutes and it says that no decision has been made and we will re-convene next week but says that I declined to put forward any alternatives.


I know that I will be made redundant because when I was first told my colleagues were advised they would have to sit down and work out how to divide my work up between them.


I suppose my question is,

should I dispute the minutes now

,or should I wait til next week and bring up

A) the roles that I do which means as person I am not redundant-just my title and

B) the fact that I didn't feel the minutes reflected the 10 minute meeting


Also,is the compromise"without prejudice" something I could use as a bargaining tool.


To be honest,

it is inevitable,

I'm not that upset,

I would be happy with the compromise if they paid me in lieu of notice in addition to the £2000 so at least I would be able to properly and actively focussing on looking for work.


I'm expecting the compromise in writing next thurs and have made my appointment next friday with a solicitor(at my companys expense).


I'm a bit confused and don't want to rock the boat,

just want a fair package and to be able to move on to the next chapter


Thanks for any help

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Sharon

True redundancy applies when the person is superfluous to requirements or the job no longer exists; I have to say this does not seem to be the case with you.

You are doing the right thing getting a solicitor to look over the compromise agreement just make sure they are a contract/employment law specialist and are independent (that is not one chosen by the company)

The employer has certain legal obligations to fulfil .... Google the BIS(business, innovation and skills) website and search under redundancy. I put all this info on a previos post but was unable to do a link to it.

If you have a union rep, discuss this with them as the employer (under their statutory requirements) is supposed to provide them with the details.

Kind regards



Link to post
Share on other sites



Your solicitor will have to take a brief background to the history in order to advise you properly on the Compromise Agreement. Your employer has bypassed the redundancy consultation procedure, which means they have a potential legal liability towards you, and the money on offer may not be adequate to compromise your employment claims in this regard.


However, some employees would see this as a bonus. If it's a foregone conclusion that you will be made redundant, you could see this as a way to bypass the stressful redundancy consultation, with a bit of a windfall thrown in. It depends on how you view the situation!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...