Morgan Stanley ppi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Wonder if any one could advise , have written to Morgan Stanley to claim back ppi on credit card , as was self employed , have received reply from barclaycard requesting requesting that i complete the questionnaire from Financial Ombudsman Service. Do i complete this?

In my letter to Morgan Stanley gave information for Credit Card details and as self employed mis sold. I presume Morgan Stanley have forwarded my letter to them. Their letter also says will investigate my complaint but this information is requested to assist in their investigation.

Any thoughts?

Yes

without reading the bank's one fully, you never know whether it deviates from the official one from the fos.

Remember...never trust a bank!

Easiest just to fill in the official one from the word go.

ims

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

Received final response from Barclaycard to say identified my application was by post ( i do not recall completing)' and ... accurately described the scope of the policy, and was sufficient to provide you with all of the information necessary to inform you of the terms and conditions of the policy.'

As a result we are not able to uphold your complaint.

As self employed i would not have been able to claim and i do not recall reading or completing. Should i send a SAR first and refer to the FOS at the same time or wait for the SAR?

bee

Thanks, will do the SAR , was reading on another thread, said to mention info relating to Morgan Stanley . Do you ammend to ask for copies of application specific to Morgan Stanley? i think it was processed by phone , though a long time ago but do not recall completing an application form.

Also though they say final decision and to refer to FOS you can challenge them and they will respond?

Bee

Hi

If you only want info on this MS card then you can specify that the SAR only needs to relate to this account

Also though they say final decision and to refer to fos you can challenge them and they will respond?

I'd give it a go...once fos get their mitts on it you will probably be in for a long wait so you might as well attack them again yourself.

ims

Hey Bee,

I'm helping a friend with a Morgan Stanley CC PPI complaint - they're self employed as well. They were also turned down by Morgan Stanley. The letter received from them was clearly a template so we've gone back and asked them to re-investigate the complaint as despite giving their final response they haven't actually shown they've actually investigated the complaint at all. If we don't hear back from them in the next week or so we'll be taking it to the FOS. Was hoping to avoid this because of the queue but so be it. I'll let you know what happens.

Fingers crossed :)

Score Card

For myself, family and friends......

WIN! MBNA - £8,000 CC PPI + 3 months interest for delayed refund

WIN! RBS - £1,400 CC PPI + 4 months interest added for delayed refund (via FOS)

WIN! RBS - £150 BC (via FOS)

WIN! Creation - £575 Store card PPI + 3 months interest for delayed refund

WIN! Creation - £120 BC

WIN! Ikano - £795 Store Card PPI

WIN! CapitalOne - £1700 CC PPI

WIN! CapitalOne - £110 BC

WIN! HSBC - £2,850 CC PPI

WIN! RBS/MINT - £1,900 - CC PPI

WIN! Halifax - BC - £102

WIN! Barclaycard - £130 BC

Awaiting offer HSBC - MPPI (via FOS)

Awaiting final response Barclaycard - CC PPI

Awaiting final response Morgan Stanley - CC PPI

SAR sent HSBC - CC PPI + Loan PPI

SAR sent GE Money - Store Card PPI - not holding out much hope as very old account

Thanks Freelance good to know others in the same boat.

Wills do the SAR as IMS suggests and see the info they have , i have my statements and interestingly have ammended terms and condirions in the file but not an application. I also cancelled this policy in 2007 as i would have been unable to claim as self employed but didn't know i could claim back untill recently. .

Bee

• 2 months later...

Hi

just got a reply back from the SAR saying they were unable to locate an account based on the information provided.

I sent the details, name, account number, previous address . They have returned my request letter and the postal order. Strange as they stated they had identified my application was by post as mentioned before and did not uphold my complaint.

Do you have any advise as to what i do now?

If it were me I'd write back with the original SAR request and tell them that they are in breach of the DPA by not providing your data.

Ask them how they could come to a decision on a PPI complaint and refer to the agreement if they claim they have no details of an account.

Require them to provide an answer in writing so that you can pass their reasoning to fos.

Thanks ,

Will get that done presume i send them back the postal order as well , should i include a copy of their letter not upholding my complaint or just refer to it?

bee

• 1 month later...

Hi

looking for some more advise , have received a reply , standard letter thanking for my request under data protection act , stating unable to process with box ticked for account closed for more than six years and details no longer retained.

They have sent back all my letters and copy of original request and postal order.

The account with Morgan stanley was taken over by Goldfish and then barclarcard so i think it is still running though i camncelled the ppi in 2007 as they were charging about £97.00 a month .PPI was therfore not paid when goldfish and later barclaycard but how do i go about asking them to locate this information , bearing in mind they originally said i had ticked the box for PPI when they didn't uphold my complaint?

bee

• 4 months later...

Hi

Have send off to the FOS and waiting , however have received letter from barclaycard stating they have reviewed the complaint and now upheld and made an offer .

They do not say how they have calculated and i am concerned that this may be incorrect as they have twice sent my SAR back ,so have sent off again.

I have written and asked them to provide information for the offer they have just sent back letter saying that info is based on the statements . Surprising as they couldn't find this for the SAR!!

Phoned and they said they didn't have the statements . Have re sent the SAR again but they say it will be returned again.

wondered if you have any advise on where to go from here?

thanks

bee

Yes...demand that supply you with the detailed breakdown of the offer.

If it turns out that they have prepared this offer from statements then the ICO would be interested to hear that they have apparently deliberately withheld information from you as regards the SAR.

hi

Thanks will write back and ask for the detailed breakdown, i think i've read in the FOS that they should provide this and provide the balance so will try to find again.

If they can not provide statements does that raise another issue :?:

Another question sorry they have given total of payments (which i doubt as even with an average is less than i believe paid)

Refund of payments - £1234.32

Interest charges on PPI premiums £378.63

8% Simple interest per annum - £1129.06

Total £2742.01

I have found the foscis sheet which i have completed and this comes out with an amazingly higher figure of over £15,000.00 and i'm not sure as this is a huge difference!!!

The interest on the ppi premiums appears to me to be very low given the credit card was charging 1.67% per month with an average balance at the time of approx £4000.00

Would appreciate your thoughts.

bee

The fosCI sheet isn't the ideal one to use for a credit card.

The ideal one is fosRunning spreadsheet but you need the statements to be able to complete it.

What comes back on a credit card account depends on how the account was run.

Hi

Thanks will use the other and work out again. I have statements for over 2 years worth 03/04, but some missing for 01/02. So from reading would use an average. i would then use the running sheet for the statements i have , which would be best for using average payments as wouldn't have balance etc ?