Getting My Name Of The Tenancy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After splitting up with my ex in 2000 i left the house we rented which is with orbit housing assoc.

I took a letter in mid 2001 to have my name taken of as was told it had to be done in writing.

At the time there was some rent owing so they said it coulnt be done till the balance was zero so told me my letter would be put on file and my name will be taken of wen balance of rent hit 0.

My name is still on there even though the arrears were cleared a couple of months after i left.

Rang them today and asked them to take me of as its now nearly 11 years since i asked but because there is rent owing they are refusing as i'm liable if my ex wont clear it up.

They said the only way i can get my name of now is with a property transfere order which will cost me about £30. Does anyone no if there is any other way i can get my name of the tenancy as i don't see why i should pay to have it taken of when they should have taken it of nearly 11 years ago.

Hi nohope

* Do you have a copy of your original letter in 2001 and the housing associations response that they agreed to remove your name from tenancy once rent cleared?

* Do you have written evidence from housing association that the rent was cleared after a few months?

* Why have you left it so long to chase up?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi nohope

* Do you have a copy of your original letter in 2001 and the housing associations response that they agreed to remove your name from tenancy once rent cleared?

* Do you have written evidence from housing association that the rent was cleared after a few months?

* Why have you left it so long to chase up?

No i don't have a copy as it was 2001, i've moved 5 times since then so paperwork is long gone. Housing association told me over the counter when i took the letter in originaly so was no letter as i was standing in front of them.

I had forgotten all about it till i was warned she was being taken to court for rent arrears.

Hi

I can only suggest that you write to the housing association and request a full copy of your 'Tenancy File' held by them (not the tenancy agreement) as hopefully your letter asking to be removed from tenancy is in this file.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

They have already admited to me today that they have it on file that in 2001 i requested to be removed from it but because there filing system at the time was just paper and not on a computer database so they had no way of remembering that i wanted taking of the tenancy.

So because the rent has fallen behind again they will try and chase me if my ex does not catch up with it but as i was told today, if i'm taken to court over it i will be told to go home by the judge as not living there for 10 years is a goon enough reason to have no liability for the property any more, but i still want my name of it as there is to many debts being aquired there that i do not want to be dragged into as i have my own debts to play with.