• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Has ANYONE had ANY success recently against Lloyds TSB?

LazyMonkey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

..................in regards to re-claiming charges.

Unfortunately Lloyds would appear to be one of the worst for contesting claims.

My own experience started back on the 14/10/05, when I raised a number of issues, including the justification of exhorbitant charges, with my 'Privledge Manager (thats a joke). I never actually made a claim though.

In short, after numerous telephone calls, letters & faxes I was told..............'sorry no one has taken ownership of your concerns to date, BUT please see the enclosed leaflet blah blah blah'. In the end I couldn't be bothered in dealing with a total bunch of incompetents, and didn't have time to go to the Financial Omsbudman.

BUT a week ago I came accross this website and now feel like hitting Lloyds where it hurts. Is it worth all the hassle ????????? :-|

Hi,

You can read up on various members' successes so far in the Lloyds TSB Successes sub-forum. There have been quite a few successes so far and there are many in process. Lloyds seem to take as long as possible over it but everybody who's been persistent has got there in the end so far.

Good luck. Lucid :)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The fact is, that every single Lloyds claimant to date has received a full refund of their charges, plus a tidy sum in interest.

Ok, so they bluff a bit and drag it out as long as they can - so what?!? Just think of all that lovely interest mounting up day by day. Could'nt get 8% APR in a savings account could you!

The very fact that people are wondering wither they should bother claiming from Lloyds or not means that their dirty little underhanded tactics are working - to some extent anyway. The charges are unlawful - this is as true for Lloyds as it is for any other bank and just becouse they are more aggressive in their defence does'nt make them any less so. In fact, being aggressive IS their defence. They know damn well they are'nt going to step inside a court to fight one of these claims, so their tactics are to try to put as many people off as they possibly can. Its all about damage limitation - hence their attempts to tie people in to confidentiality clauses when they settle.

Obviously at the end of the day its completely your decision. But please remember that its YOUR money - and personally, I would'nt let the scumbags keep a penny of mine.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

My claim is pretty small but I have learned an incredible amount by following the advice on this site. The info can seem intimidating at first but most of the work has been done by 'those who have gone before us' and they have kindly posted it here for others to use. I would encourage you to go for it. Pick a longer thread and read it all the way through to give yourself an idea of the steps involved.

These money lenders have made many many peoples lives a misery.

Best wishes whatever you decide.

Cat

29 March 2006 Data Protection Act Request sent for ac 1 (then she got a bit distracted but got another charge so...)

27 May Prelim letter sent for ac 1

27 May Data Protection Act Request sent for ac 2 & 3

21 June Prelim Letter sent for 2 & 3

14 July LBA sent with schedule for ac 1 & 2 & 3

7 August MCO filed – defence expected 10 September

11 September defence filed - signed Sean Copping

12 September AQ form received

18th September AQ sent back to Lambeth Court and copy sent to solicitors both recorded delivery

13th Feb 2007 Court Date Set

15th Feb Reclaimed Money is in my bank Account

Cat's opinions are those of a nurse and most definitely, definitely not those of an accountant or solicitor, although she was always quite good at sums and elocution.

Hi Monkey..

If someone mugged you (metaphorically speaking) and nicked your wallet, wouldnt you want it back? The fact they are a multinamtional corp taking our money illegally should not deter you.

You will get it back. It will take time and yes it seems they are the worst of all the banks for stalling, delaying, underhand tactics and much worse (read my thread), but its worth it. For the princliple as well as the money...

Good luck

Wolfcub

Wolfcub v Lloyds

I received a settlement offer today, hope that spurs you on.

4/10/06 - Claim settled in full+costs+interest.

6/10/06 - court hearing date.

Allocation questionaire returned to the court-18/7/06 deadline 25/7/06

Allocation Questionaire rec'd dated- 6/7/06

Acknowledgment of Service rec'd full defence- 15/6/06

Reply from solicitors want more info.-14/6/06

Money claim filed £1653 - 7/6/06

Reply rec'd to LBA-27/5/06

LBA sent - 19/5/06

Reply from LLoyds TSB a big fat NO - 12/5/06

1st request for payment sent - 09/05/06

Statements Rec'd - 21/4/06

Data Protection Act request sent to Lloyds - 22/3/06

previously known as VIKKI ARDA

Forum InfoContact

I received a settlement offer today, hope that spurs you on.
hi im with llyods have all my statements wrote letters each time refused done online claim they sent defence saying i knew what charges they would make as i agreed it when i opened the accont i have now been given an allocated questionare and given a court allocation and asked to pay another 100.00 out and im getting a bit panicky now but where do you go from here can you help:-) my charges are 1300.00

There is a fee for filing your claim with the courts which is dependent upon the value of the claim

up to £300 - £30

£300.01 - £500 - £50

£500.01 - £1,000 - £80

£1,000.01 - £5,000 - £120

£5,000.01 - £15,000 - £250

There may also be a fee payable on submitting your allocation questionaire.

Allocation to track fees: claims for money of £1,500 or less no fee all other claims £100

If you are on benifits then you can apply for exemption from these fees. More information can be found at County Court Fees. If you do end up paying them you can add them to the total claimed back from lloyds

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

In regards to my original post, thank you to everyone for the words of encouragement. ;-)

Must say after my recent experience with the idiots at my branch in Fenchurch Street, that I still feel 50/50 about starting this all up again. Previously my letters where in regards to poor customer service and lack of assistance offered, after I was made redundant. After 15 letters and discussions with 9 different members of LLoyds, I was fobbed off so many times that I couldn't be bothered in wasting anymore time.

BUT after stumbling accross this forum and reading of other peoples determination, I now feel that I should try a new approach and just ask for MY £2250 back.

Must admit that I dont look forward to the idea of going to court, but......well here goes.

Just a quick question - should I address my 1st letter direct to my branch manager or just a generic Lloyds customer service address?

Hi Lazymonkey,

i am going through the litigation process right now, just filling in the allocation questionaire at the moment. Lloyds definately drag it out to the death but it will be worth it in the end, especially if as in my case the charges with interest are in excess of £4k.

so far it has cost £10 for the DPA request, £120 to issue money claim and now it will cost £100 to transfer proceedings with the allocation questionaire, but all of these costs get added to the claim anyway.

As wolf cub says, as well as the money there is also the principle,

go get em!

I'm just about to send an LBA, but Lloyds have issued court proceedings against ME! The account in question was £2600 overdrawn when they closed it but there are £7600 worth of charges in the last 6 years. Is this just an intimidation tactic from Lloyds as the amount of charges will obviously form part of my defense. I'm going to appoint a solicitor and fight this in court, but has this happened to anyone else?

• 7 months later...

hi

you have to kepp at it with lloyds they will try all tactics but ignore them all and stick to the guidance notes you will win in the end.

my claim started back sept 2006 and i have just had over £3000 refunded plus cost. i was due in court on may 21 2007 but they paid up in the end.

keep at it.