Sign in to follow this  
milliesmum

Where to start?

Hi, I'm new to the site and think this is a great site. I was looking for some advice really I have 2 dilemas?

I have a current account with Lloydstsb and have had for about 2 years?. This is the only current account I have and can possibly obtain. About a year ago I was 20 grand in debt and decided to go down the route of setting up an I.V.A. My main current account at the time was HSBC and Lloyds was just an account that wasn't really used and as I owed HSBC money I had to change over to LLoyds being my main account as HSBC closed my account.

My Dilemas

1. I know Lloyds have probobly charged me about 300 over the 2 years and would very much like this back to help make a small dent in my debt, however and a bit worried only cause I don't want them to close my account incase I can' get another one? And also don't know where to start (as in first letter and where it goes?).

2. Could I reclaim the bank charges incurred at HSBC? I had an account with them for well over 10 years and am pretty sure that the amount would be a bg lump sum, however caused I owed them money when they closed my account would they just take it off what i owe them?

I would appreciate any advice on my dilemas.

Thanks guys

I would hit HSBC first. Sorry to get you jumping around but could you post your HSBC story there and this Lloyds thread can lay dormant for the time being.

We can take it up in HSBC

You should be able to open a basic bank account even without a good credit history. The Coop Cashminder account is available to just about everyone. It only has an electron card and no cheque book but it has good internet banking and you can use standing orders and direct debits. Something like this could be a good fallback for you. Similar products are available from the Nationwide and most of the High Street banks.

Thanks for that Have done some reading up and I'm quite confident I could get one of these accounts which is reassuring. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks for that Have done some reading up and I'm quite confident I could get one of these accounts which is reassuring. Thanks for the tip.

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Please fill in your quit date here
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

No registered users viewing this page.

• Tweets

• Our picks

• A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
    • 30 Day Right To Reject - Vehicle Casualty Report. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415585-30-day-right-to-reject-vehicle-casualty-report/
      • 9 replies
    • I am new here but very glad to find my way here and would welcome any input.

i purchased a brand new campervan conversion from Hillside Leisure (175 miles from our home) on July 26th for £31,000 and, within 48 hours, during a storm, the alarm began to sound incessantly. We could not get it to stop, even after trying everything listed in the manual. We phoned Hillside on Saturday July 28th around 2.00pm. The young man who answered the phone said he would seek the advice of their technician and call us back, which he did. The technician told us that they, Hillside, couldn’t help, but that we should take the van to Nissan (the van is a Nissan) as the fault would lie with one of their components.

• 42 replies