PPI on preious mortgage, can i claim???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i was looking through some old paperwork the other day and noticed that a mortgage we took out in 2004 with SPML had a front loaded ppi included ,

i never remember asking for this and it was a joint mortgage and the policy was no good to me as i wasnt working at the time ,

we have since remortgaged ,

would it be possible to claim this back and how would i go about it ,

we have just had two successful payments back from black horse

but i used a claims company but would prefer to do this myself as they charge too much,

also is their any other charges i can claim back with morgage accounts any help would be much appreciated

Hi

Yes you can claim. Have a read of No.1 in my signature

Have you got your agreement and the statements?

Also the unlawful fees can be claimed back such as late payment/over limit etc.

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

yes you can

both penalty charges & PPI.

folow the lnks on the homepage

or

look in the CAGMAG links.

basically the same a s i loan

you say you rolled the mortgage over?

if so you could be owed a lot more

if PPI was rolled over too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the mortgage was paid off when we remortgaged it wasnt rolled over the only problem i think i may have is the mortgage was sold by a broker from what i can remember , i remember the name of the broker , but the mortgage was with spml who as far as i know are now owned by someone else, i know there were a couple of late payments and i think i still have some of the paperwork

p'haps it might be an idea to SAR them.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i have found my original document, it says single premium PPI (3 years) yet the mortgage was 25 years????

also the mortgage was sold by a broker Mortgage House direct i think they were called but on the solicitors letter it says the PPI was arranged by the lender so who do i contact??

Edited by kgrant

and they

also how would i work out how much im due back because it wasnt paid for monthly it was included in the monthly mortgage payment it was all added onto the mortgage balance?

As advised...read no.1 in my signature and use the spreadsheet at the end.

If you haven't got the statements, do as dx suggests and SAR them

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

• 2 weeks later...

a few years ago we remortgaged with spml who added ppi to the mortgage , ive just been looking through the original paperwork and the ppi was added to the total mortgage account but it was only a three years policy yet the mortgage was for 25 years does this mean we would have paid interest on the ppi for the 25 years ? Also as spml no longer exsist who do i write to ? am i right in thinking its now acenden?( this mortgage is now paid off

Hi

Had the loan run its full 25 years then yes you would have paid interest on it for that whole time.

If this was aded as a single premium at the outset then it is single premium PPI and you should have a read of No.1 in my signature and use the spreadsheet at the end to help you work out the claim amount.

Also go along to the fos website and download a consumer questionnaire and complete it.

It sounds like you have all the paperwork so a SAR will not be needed.

When you have done your spreadsheet and questionnaire, send a copy of both to the lender with a brief letter requesting the refund. Your reasons for mis-selling will go on teh questionnaire.

Lender is Ascenden/SPML

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Have a read of No.1 in my signature....you need to work out what percentage the ppi was to the total loan and apply that to the monthly payment

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

thanks where will i find the address for acenden?

St. Johns Place, Easton Street, High Wycombe HP11 1NL,

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi kgrant,

Good luck and keep your post updated. I'm just about to pursue mis-sold PPI from SPML or Ascenden and just sent off my SAR. It will be good to see how you get on and how quickly they co-operate.

Regards, Phil

This is only my personal, honest opinion!

• 3 months later...

i sent a complaint to Acenden regarding a ppi policy we had on an morgage with SPML in 2005 (this has since been paid off )

i got a letter stating that Rainbow home loans arranged the morgage

yet i have never heard of them let alone used them for anything

.we used a morgage broker but they were called Morgage House Direct,

i was under the impression that the morgage company would have been the ones that were responsible for the misselling

as it was a condition of the morgage no ppi no morgage!

this policy was for 3 years only yet we would have been paying interest on it for 25 years .

We only had the morgage just over a year yet we must have paid in full for the policy as the letter we recieved from acenden

said the policy ran out in 2007 yet we paid the morgage off in 2005.

so who do i complain to now im confused

whomever you aid via your payments

plenty of like threads on here sadly.

just type in

SPML

in our search top right.

dx

and they

several threads merged

keep to ONE THREAD

per PPI claim

dx

and they

Well just found out that spml never dealt in ppi apperently and that it was never arranged by them,

also rainbow home loans were placed in default in 2010 and claims were being delt with by fscs

who informed me that because the policy was taken out in 2004 there was nothing i could do as did the fos.

so in other words the £1600 was added to the morgage advance and paid to an insurance company

and then i was expected to pay that over the term of the morgage even though the policy only lasted 3 years

just a thought now acenden told me that the policy was with a company called marketing managment services, we never recieved any paperwork for this policy but shouldnt we have had a refund of some of the premiums if the policy was for 3 years and we only had it for just over a year?