• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

PPI on preious mortgage, can i claim???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i was looking through some old paperwork the other day and noticed that a mortgage we took out in 2004 with SPML had a front loaded ppi included ,

i never remember asking for this and it was a joint mortgage and the policy was no good to me as i wasnt working at the time ,

we have since remortgaged ,

would it be possible to claim this back and how would i go about it ,

we have just had two successful payments back from black horse

but i used a claims company but would prefer to do this myself as they charge too much,

also is their any other charges i can claim back with morgage accounts any help would be much appreciated

Hi

Yes you can claim. Have a read of No.1 in my signature

Have you got your agreement and the statements?

Also the unlawful fees can be claimed back such as late payment/over limit etc.

ims

yes you can

both penalty charges & PPI.

folow the lnks on the homepage

or

look in the CAGMAG links.

basically the same a s i loan

you say you rolled the mortgage over?

if so you could be owed a lot more

if PPI was rolled over too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the mortgage was paid off when we remortgaged it wasnt rolled over the only problem i think i may have is the mortgage was sold by a broker from what i can remember , i remember the name of the broker , but the mortgage was with spml who as far as i know are now owned by someone else, i know there were a couple of late payments and i think i still have some of the paperwork

p'haps it might be an idea to SAR them.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i have found my original document, it says single premium PPI (3 years) yet the mortgage was 25 years????

also the mortgage was sold by a broker Mortgage House direct i think they were called but on the solicitors letter it says the PPI was arranged by the lender so who do i contact??

Edited by kgrant

and they

also how would i work out how much im due back because it wasnt paid for monthly it was included in the monthly mortgage payment it was all added onto the mortgage balance?

As advised...read no.1 in my signature and use the spreadsheet at the end.

If you haven't got the statements, do as dx suggests and SAR them

ims

• 2 weeks later...

a few years ago we remortgaged with spml who added ppi to the mortgage , ive just been looking through the original paperwork and the ppi was added to the total mortgage account but it was only a three years policy yet the mortgage was for 25 years does this mean we would have paid interest on the ppi for the 25 years ? Also as spml no longer exsist who do i write to ? am i right in thinking its now acenden?( this mortgage is now paid off

Hi

Had the loan run its full 25 years then yes you would have paid interest on it for that whole time.

If this was aded as a single premium at the outset then it is single premium PPI and you should have a read of No.1 in my signature and use the spreadsheet at the end to help you work out the claim amount.

Also go along to the fos website and download a consumer questionnaire and complete it.

It sounds like you have all the paperwork so a SAR will not be needed.

When you have done your spreadsheet and questionnaire, send a copy of both to the lender with a brief letter requesting the refund. Your reasons for mis-selling will go on teh questionnaire.

Lender is Ascenden/SPML

ims

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

i sent a complaint to Acenden regarding a ppi policy we had on an morgage with SPML in 2005 (this has since been paid off )

i got a letter stating that Rainbow home loans arranged the morgage

yet i have never heard of them let alone used them for anything

.we used a morgage broker but they were called Morgage House Direct,

i was under the impression that the morgage company would have been the ones that were responsible for the misselling

as it was a condition of the morgage no ppi no morgage!

this policy was for 3 years only yet we would have been paying interest on it for 25 years .

We only had the morgage just over a year yet we must have paid in full for the policy as the letter we recieved from acenden

said the policy ran out in 2007 yet we paid the morgage off in 2005.

so who do i complain to now im confused

whomever you aid via your payments

plenty of like threads on here sadly.

just type in

SPML

in our search top right.

dx

and they

several threads merged

keep to ONE THREAD

per PPI claim

dx

and they

Well just found out that spml never dealt in ppi apperently and that it was never arranged by them,

also rainbow home loans were placed in default in 2010 and claims were being delt with by fscs

who informed me that because the policy was taken out in 2004 there was nothing i could do as did the fos.

so in other words the £1600 was added to the morgage advance and paid to an insurance company

and then i was expected to pay that over the term of the morgage even though the policy only lasted 3 years

just a thought now acenden told me that the policy was with a company called marketing managment services, we never recieved any paperwork for this policy but shouldnt we have had a refund of some of the premiums if the policy was for 3 years and we only had it for just over a year?