Unexpected delivery from DSG Retail

datatype
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 2 December 2011 a delivery man arrived from Home Delivery Network with a parcel. I wasn't expecting anything and asked the courier if he was sure it was for me. We checked the address together, it was correct and so I signed for it.

On opening the box I found a Sony Vaio laptop. I had not ordered a computer from anyone, and had certainly not paid for one. There was no delivery note but there was a sheet of paper (no letterhead) giving details of how to "return my purchase". The choices were by taking it back to the store, these being Dixons, Currys or PC World, or Online via the Contact Us button.

I sent an email to PC World, using the Contact Us button. The reply was "we don't use Home Delivery Network. Can you prove we sent it to you?" I sent them a scan of the note enclosed with the computer. They replied that it would be dealt with by their Litigation Department. That was on 12 December 2011; nothing since.

I then emailed Customer Services at Currys, explaining the situation and enclosing the emails to and from PC World. They replied on 15 December 2011 saying "I have found details of the order you refer to and there is a possibility that the company that delivered the product to you are subcontracted by Yodel our registered distribution group. We are currently investigating the situation and can only apologise for the inconvenience this may be causing you."

Since then I've heard nothing. I believe I've done everything I should reasonably be expected to.

Does anyone know the legal position on this i.e. is the computer classed as Unsolicited Goods? If so at what point can I claim the goods as mine?

Regards

Edited by citizenB
spacing fo reasier reading

Hmm, I think it is 3 months and it is they who have to arrange for collection.

I will however, flag this thread for attention for further advice.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Guest Paul - CurrysPCWorld

Hi Datatype,

Thanks for taking the time to get in contact on this forum. I am sorry to hear that our company has sent you goods that you have not asked for or been expecting. I am going to send you a personal message where I would require your full postal address to see if there is any order in relation to your home address, from there I will be able to resolve this for you.

please accept my apologies that none of my colleagues have been able to resolve this thus far.

Kind Regards,

Paul

The KNOWHOW Team.

On 2 December 2011 a delivery man arrived from Home Delivery Network with a parcel. I wasn't expecting anything and asked the courier if he was sure it was for me. We checked the address together, it was correct and so I signed for it.

On opening the box I found a Sony Vaio laptop. I had not ordered a computer from anyone, and had certainly not paid for one. There was no delivery note but there was a sheet of paper (no letterhead) giving details of how to "return my purchase". The choices were by taking it back to the store, these being Dixons, Currys or PC World, or Online via the Contact Us button.

I sent an email to PC World, using the Contact Us button. The reply was "we don't use Home Delivery Network. Can you prove we sent it to you?" I sent them a scan of the note enclosed with the computer. They replied that it would be dealt with by their Litigation Department. That was on 12 December 2011; nothing since.

I then emailed Customer Services at Currys, explaining the situation and enclosing the emails to and from PC World. They replied on 15 December 2011 saying "I have found details of the order you refer to and there is a possibility that the company that delivered the product to you are subcontracted by Yodel our registered distribution group. We are currently investigating the situation and can only apologise for the inconvenience this may be causing you."

Since then I've heard nothing. I believe I've done everything I should reasonably be expected to.

Does anyone know the legal position on this i.e. is the computer classed as Unsolicited Goods? If so at what point can I claim the goods as mine?

Regards

Personally I think you've gone beyond reasonable... I'd wait and see if they ask for it back. Just to confirm, are you sure this wasn't a Christmas gift? Maybe some friend / family bought it for you and didn't tell you?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar