A question about Parking Eye

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was just wondering what can they do if you overstay at one of the car parks they monitor and you ignore the 'fine'.

If you, say, continue to shop at ALDI and don’t plan to accidentally overstay and they notice you arriving, can they victimise/harass you by coming down and do something like blocking you in or clamping you or any other method of harassment due to your non-payment of previous fine?

Can they do this and if they do, can you involve the police ow will the police simply say that it is a civil matter, but if they do block you in, isn’t that something down the line of kidnapping or wrongfully detaining, which would involve the police.

ignore do some reading here

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Don’t get you and reading where?

I know the SP as to these 'parking fines' - ignore them, which I have and heard nothing since.

Did you read my post properly, I am asking, would they use harassing tactics or anything against you for non payment of previous 'fine'

I know the SP as to these 'parking fines' - ignore them, which I have and heard nothing since.

Did you read my post properly, I am asking, would they use harassing tactics or anything against you for non payment of previous 'fine'

Hello there.

I think dx meant have a look around the forum because you'll find a host of similar cases. And loads about Parking Eye. You have nothing to worry about.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello there.

I think dx meant have a look around the forum because you'll find a host of similar cases. And loads about Parking Eye. You have nothing to worry about.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

a piece of paper wanting you to give them a gift.

not even the police can do that

its call harrassment.

stop using the word 'fine'

it is not a fine

it is a speculative invoice

send by a company pc that the operator

probably doesn't even know where your town is

let alone the store.

do you really think they would setup anpr at a supermarket carpark

and employ 'bullies' to harrass you?

now that would kill this industry stone dead surely?.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dx

I heard a rumour that Tesco (or rather, their Parking Bullies) were actually considering this.

If you didn't pay their previous demand for parking, you would be clamped.

I never heard any more on this issue.

stop using the word 'fine'

If you noticed, I put the word fine in quotes, emphasizing the sarcasm of the word.

and employ 'bullies' to harrass you?

...YES, how do they get the pretty little pictures of the front and back of your car when they send you the parking 'FINE'

and mac'd have anpr too and ikea ithink

but i meant both not just the anpr.

dx

and they

I heard a rumour that Tesco (or rather, their Parking Bullies) were actually considering this.

they cant do that

retro clamping.

dx

and they

THAT’S the answer I was looking for, can they do this. Didn’t see it until DX reposted it.

If I remember correctly, they can't as clamping has been stopped, hasn’t it?

Could you get the police involved if they did as they would be illegally detaining you, kidnap?

If you’re good at lock-picking, you could pick the lock and remove it and then give it back to them, they cant do anything as you haven’t damaged their property in any way.

You cannot clamp for a previously acquired private ticket. This is effectively siezure of goods in lieu of a debt. To do this they must first (1) prove the debt is 'real' and not simply 'alleged' by taking you to court and winning. Despite this being extremely unlikley you would still have a 28 day opportunity to pay up at this point and it finishes there. (2) they must apply for a court warrant and appoint an official bailiff. THEN they can clamp your car. If they clamp without following 1 and 2 above then they are breaking the law.

You cannot clamp for a previously acquired private ticket. This is effectively siezure of goods in lieu of a debt. To do this they must first (1) prove the debt is 'real' and not simply 'alleged' by taking you to court and winning. Despite this being extremely unlikley you would still have a 28 day opportunity to pay up at this point and it finishes there. (2) they must apply for a court warrant and appoint an official bailiff. THEN they can clamp your car. If they clamp without following 1 and 2 above then they are breaking the law.

Great answer. very informative.

Unfortunately, would Plod know this? Or even care?

We have had a few cases here when cars have been clamped and even towed away by PPCs for non payment of parking charges. We always advise the victim to go to the police but nearly every case they fob the owner off with 'sorry, it's a civil matter'. In my opinion (and as Manx says), the PPCs are acting illegally but how you get the law involved seems to be a good question.

Yes if its displaying a blue badge! However again would the BIB do anything?

Well, ours was back in 2009 and had to pay £120+ release fee.

I then looked online at their site and it said 50% discount if paid same day, which I did. Sent them an email contesting the fine and asking for all or half back and didn’t get any reply