Query on 8% interest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi just managed to work out how to get the excel templates what a nightmare ive had with that, anyway on looking through the threads and faq site, am i correct in saying when i send my letter away asking for my unlawful charges refunded that although the template works out the 8% interest im not wanting that until i take them to court? that all im asking for is the money they have charged me unlawfully? and if i dont get it then im taking them to court and looking for the 8% added on?

June x

Data Protection Act sent 27/06/06

100% correct June :)

14/09/2006 - Data Protection Act letter sent to my bank.............here goes :D

28/09/2006 - Statements received through the post. Charges appear to be in the region of £2000 :eek:

04/10/2006 - Prelim letter sent for charges of £2037 :rolleyes:

Just another item on calculating interest - at work (I work for a firm of Solicitors in Manchester ... not Cobbetts!!!) I use this online simple interest calculator - hope it helps folks:

Hardwicke Building - Calculator - Simple Interest

Thanks very much both of you, i dont feel so thick now, just dont want to do something and then muck it up, though will have to take them to court on 2 accounts as its over £750 for the 6yrs and as i live in Scotland its only that amound i can claim at any time but if i get the £750 in the first place i will be over the moon with that, just need to work out how to split it up lol

oh the joys but i will certainly have fun with this one

June x

Data Protection Act sent 27/06/06

June.......you can use summary cause and claim up to £1500 instead of a small claim. Search the forums.......theres quite a bit of info on. Or read the thread Mairi V BOS. Its another option for you.

Gav

14/09/2006 - Data Protection Act letter sent to my bank.............here goes :D

28/09/2006 - Statements received through the post. Charges appear to be in the region of £2000 :eek:

04/10/2006 - Prelim letter sent for charges of £2037 :rolleyes: