Money back if on benefits

doubledeedonna
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If any 2 of the following apply to you...

*on low income

*tax credits

... *have a child under 5

*income support

*disability premium

*dla

please google 'warm home discounts' follwed by your electricity provider you will get a rebate of £120 by march this year and its easy to apply for.....

This is called warmer home discounts. Its government payments which they're not so quick to write and tell you about!

Link: Warm Home Discounts

Edited by ErikaPNP
inserting link
  • Confused 1

Thank you very much for this. I went straight to the DirectGov site and it seems I qualify (on Guaranteed Pension Credit). Site says I'll get the refund automatically from energy provider(and that I don't have to apply) but how does my energy provider (EON) know that I'm Guaranteed Pension Credit?

Then I tried to get onto the EON page for this via Google and it keeps coming up with "page not found". Anyone got any advice/info about this? Does it still apply if one has a pre-payment meter? I'm putting in about £18-£20 per week on both gas and electic, both provided by EON, and it seems an awful lot to me. That figure has only been over the winter, btw.

Edited by Marianne7
Spellings!

Maybe you could try phoning your provider and asked to be put through, they ask a range of questions basically making sure you qualify. I have told many people about it and alot have got it, just to be on the safe side though i would ring them. If you dont ask you may not get.

they dont make it easy for you do they,i have duel gas and electric and i`m on scottish power,i`v tried filling out the online application but its not accepting my account number ,i suppose this is because it states please enter account number for electric only,

I've popped a link to information about the scheme into your post, Donna.

This is a further link about the Broader Group Schemes

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Thank YOU, DDD ~ this info is very useful and I didn't know anything about it before your post came on.

I've now spoken to EON, told them how much money I'm getting thru' each week and how I could do with the vouchers they will (hopefully) send me asap. Very nice to get some money back, but if it doesn't come until it gets a bit warmer I won't really notice much benefit each week. It's definitely a good thing, but would've been so very useful before the cold weather set in. Don't mean to sound ungrateful.....

I'll certainly ask SSE about it. No idea if I'll qualify as I'm still struggling to get passed the assessment rate of ESA. They have got me down as heat dependent. And a year or so back they kindly sent me a new key with £20 on it as I was struggling to keep the heating on! It would be very very helpful if I was eligible ...

I tried for this, you can't get it if you have no dependents, not getting DLA, and are on the assessment rate.

I could do with it as well, I live in a ground floor flat in a Victorian built house with solid brick walls = no insulation, costs a fortune to heat, and is damp.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I'm not holding my breath, osdset (no pun intended), but it's worth an ask. Having a lung disease has made me highly susceptible to the cold. So far, I've not applied for DLA due to the hassles I've had just trying to get ESA to recognise my illness. All good fun...

I'm not holding my breath, osdset (no pun intended), but it's worth an ask. Having a lung disease has made me highly susceptible to the cold. So far, I've not applied for DLA due to the hassles I've had just trying to get ESA to recognise my illness. All good fun...

Yeah, give it a go it costs nothing to ask, I find it a bit odd though those on assessment rate and with no other mitigating circumstances have less money to live on weekly, and can't get the rebate, does not seem very fair to me.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Yeah, give it a go it costs nothing to ask, I find it a bit odd though those on assessment rate and with no other mitigating circumstances have less money to live on weekly, and can't get the rebate, does not seem very fair to me.

It also looks like those who are on assessment rate will lose out on the cold weather payment if the temperature falls below zero degrees Celsius.

I asked about it and was told as i was alrady on a "social tarrif" i wouldn't be getting it this year. As the social tarrif is due to end soon I'll be put on it next year. I pay about 600 to 700 a year on gas and electricity with my social tarrif. When I check out U switch and the like I get quotes of over a £1000 a year so even with the £120 back I'll still be worse of when they end my social tarrif.

I suspect the rationale is 'oh, you're on the assessment rate. That means you're being assessed. There is no decision either way as to whether you are actually ill or not. So no we can't give you xyz ...' :x

[26 months on the assessment rate and counting ... :( ]