Think landlord is in trouble

Alittlescared
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Genuine mistake upon opening mail which was for the landlord,ive never recieved mail here for her,thats why i automatically thought it was for me in a state of panic to read someone from NCI resources was going to visit over mortgage arrears,and visit they did that day,i was asked if i was the landlandys name i said no,i told him my name,he asked how long i lived here,how long my contract was for,how much rent i pay,how i pay it,what was the condition of the property was(not good another long story so not on really good terms with the landlord he also told me to open any mail adressed to the occupier,does anyone know how much arrears she would be in to recieve this kind of visit making me wonder if a case is being built for repossession can anyone advise me over this visit and would her arrears be serious for this visit.

Genuine mistake upon opening mail which was for the landlord,ive never recieved mail here for her,thats why i automatically thought it was for me in a state of panic to read someone from NCI resources was going to visit over mortgage arrears,and visit they did that day,i was asked if i was the landlandys name i said no,i told him my name,he asked how long i lived here,how long my contract was for,how much rent i pay,how i pay it,what was the condition of the property was(not good another long story so not on really good terms with the landlord he also told me to open any mail adressed to the occupier,does anyone know how much arrears she would be in to recieve this kind of visit making me wonder if a case is being built for repossession can anyone advise me over this visit and would her arrears be serious for this visit.

The level of the arrears aren't your business (not being rude, they're just not your business), but the fact that they are visiting the property suggests that it is likely there will be possession proceedings brought - which is definitely your business since you occupy the property.

The relevant news is that the mortgagee will now be aware that the property is tenanted, which means that they will now also send information addressed to the 'occupier', which means that you can legitimately open the post. I trust you have forwarded the opened letter to the landlord? If not, then I suggest you do so. Interfering with someone else's mail is an offence - so pass it on to her. Giving it to her will at least notify her that you know there are issues with the mortgage payments.

I'd suggest that you check with the landlord whether your deposit has been protected. Clearly if the LL has not been paying the mortgage, they may not have complied with their responsibilities as a LL, so it's important to ensure that you are likely to get your deposit back if you have to move.

There isn't much else you can do in the interim until you know whether any court action will ensue.

Whatever you do, don't stop paying your rent - you are still obliged to pay it.