Spitfire -V - HSBC

Spitfire
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent off my first letter today :D

Asking for all the charges they have made on my account over the last 6 years. I can see this might be the first of many letters, but I'm not going to give up , its my money and i want it back...........please:)

I will record every letter and all dealings i have with them on here

Wish me luck :D

Go for it, it is your right and if you stick to your timescale and the rules you can't loose! Welcome to the site, by the way! You dont need luck, only elbowgrease and a bit brain!;)

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement. :D

My timescale is now written on my calender so as i don't forget when to send the next letter ;)

I have a question. I've seen someone mention in another thread that he claimed for interest on his overdraft. Is this allowed ? Now i have an overdraft that I've been in and out of for the past 5 years. I have been charged interest on this of roughly £15 - £20 a month.only (when in the overdraft)

i was under the impression that i could only claim for the charges.

All help welcomed :D

Recieved all my statements this morning :D

And.....sent my cheque for ten pounds back to me. Their exact words

'We are happy to waive any fees for the production of this information and we return your payment' :o

In fact it was a really nice letter :D

• 4 weeks later...

First letter was sent requesting a refund on charges made and it was ignored, second has now been sent. Next step court. can someone point in the right direction on how to take them to court because I can't seem to find anything on this. Ta

If your using form N1, then your local County Court

Thank You !

I've just realised that neither of the letters were sent recorded delivery. Do I still carry on with the claim or do I have to start again. What I'm worried about is that the claim will get thrown out due to them claiming I've not sent the original letters.

I have a question. I've seen someone mention in another thread that he claimed for interest on his overdraft. Is this allowed ? Now i have an overdraft that I've been in and out of for the past 5 years. I have been charged interest on this of roughly £15 - £20 a month.only (when in the overdraft)

i was under the impression that i could only claim for the charges.

All help welcomed :D

your earlier question seems to have been missed. you can claim for the overdraft interest that was caused by the charges, so if all your overdraft was made up of charges you would reclaim all the interest and less if it was part made up of charges. the spreadsheets in the library calculate it for you. But you would need to include it in your letters to the bank, and if you haven't already and you wish to claim it now, you would need to start again with a new prelim letter.

Hi spitfire, have you decided whether you're going to use MCOL (money claim on-line) or take the forms to your local court?

Which is the best way? if i go through the local court do i have to take them in person or post them ? If i do have to go in person it may be a problem as i live in the middle of nowhere, and getting to my local court with two kids is a bit of a trek.

Which do you suggest is better ?

All this advice is great, thank you so much

the advantage of using mcol is that you do it from the comfort of your home but you are very restricted with the number of words you can put on the form. I believe you can post forms to your local court.

Don't worry about not using recorded delivery, although it is better for your peace of mind and I would recommend it in future it is unlikely that they will claim not to have received two letters. And even if they do there is no legal onus on you to use recorded.

MCOL - Very convenient, can follow acknowledgement and defence on-line, but limited POC space, cannot attach schedule of charges.

N1 - in person or by post, can attach schedule, greater scope for POC, already tranferred to your local court,

Thank you. :D

Think i might go for the post option... recorded this time :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

WEHEY !!!!!!

Got my offer today from HSBC. It's £65 short of the asked amount but to be honest I'm happy with what they have offered plus I'm also scared I will be asked to move my accounts and i really can't afford to do this right now.

What a nice little bonus just before Christmas :D

Hi spitfire - was the offer from HSBC or DG solicitors? Did you make your court claim?

The reason I ask is that someone else on here made the mistake of accepting an offer made by HSBC (not DG) after they had raised a court claim, and the offer from HSBC did not include court costs or interest.

Excellent!!

Please complete the bank survey……….and maybe a donation.

See here for advice after settlement:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/7261-when-you-get-your.html

Congratulations. Enjoy the dosh!!!

Thanks yet again :D Don't suppose there is a template for saying thank you is there :oops: lol guessed not. And i will be making a donation as soon as the money reaches my account :D

Where do I find the Bank survey ?

Hi spitfire - was the offer from HSBC or DG solicitors? Did you make your court claim?

The reason I ask is that someone else on here made the mistake of accepting an offer made by HSBC (not DG) after they had raised a court claim, and the offer from HSBC did not include court costs or interest.

I did not raise a court claim and the offer is from HSBC. They have sent me two copies to sign. I'm guessing one for me and one to send off to them.

thank you for all your support in this. :D