• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Ppi & IVA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3745 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am trying to get some information for a friend regarding a ppi and a cva.

First of all my friend fell into financial difficulty nearly 5 years ago in entered into a cva which has a few more payments before its finished.

However 8 weeks ago she asked for her ppi money back from barclays who were one of her debters before she entered the cva.

They have wrote back this week with the amount they want to refund which is a large 5 figure sum but have said they will give the money to the firm handling her cva.

As i said earlier she has now only got a few payments left on the cva and i wondering whats the best course of action for her to take as she has just been made redundant and could do with that money until she finds another job.

regards

rob FOR CVA READ IVA - dx

HALIFAX

12/09/06 Halifax settled in full £8500:D

MBNA

28/11/06 MBNA Settled in full £2300:D

Capital one

Putting together n1

Hi

So this cva is dealing with some limited company debts?

Is the loan we are talking about part of the company or is it a personal loan that is completely distinct from the company stuff?

ims

Ah right

Ok

Typically if a person is in an IVA and a successful PPI claim is made then the refund is treated as windfall and is placed with the administrator of the IVA for the benefit of all creditors.

I would think that the only way you might have an alternative result is if you can show hardship but you would need to contact the IVA administrator to discuss this.

ims

First of all she has not accepted the refund yet so would it be possible for her to pay off the remainder of her iva 3 payments left and then accept the ppi offer later as she has 6 month to accept there offer. Surely the bank would not be able to give it to the administrator if the iva had been paid up?

Rob

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

I'm not sure TBH

I guess that when once formally released from an IVA then anything coming in is hers but its only a guess.

Also as this loan is in the IVA, Barclays may smell a rat after the event and start complaining that they haven't received the full amount that was technically due and try and cover their loss using the ppi refund.

I'll have a think and see if I can come up with anything but you'll have to bear with me.

ims

All I can say is that when an IVA is completed anything that comes in after it is "signed off" is the claimants.

If the offer was accepted prior to the IVA ending, the money would still help as it would go into the "pot" for distribution.

Maybe have a word with the IVA administrator.

ims

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the reply ims (bit late i know):lol: Anyway a quick update on this and anyones help would be appreciated. This Iva was finished in october 2012 which was backed up by a letter from the company who set up the Iva arrangement Grant Thorton. In this letter they stated within 6 months a certificate of completion would be sent. However after all this time they still have not received this certificate.

In october 2013 a year later they have received a letter from Halifax claiming they still owe 12k. They also claim Grant Thornton never paid a penny to them. need some urgent advice please as this cant be right?

I will also mention if you have read the thread that no ppi money has been claimed.

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

Thanks for the reply.

No they have not spoken to GT yet. However i have clicked the link and the status is set to current with a footnote which reads as follows.

Individual Voluntary Arrangements will remain visible while they are Current, and for a period of 3 months after the receipt of notice of the revocation order, full implementation or termination of the agreement.

The IVA was paid up in full and they have a letter from GT stating the final payment has been made.

If GT have made a mistake who stands to the debt?

Thanks

Rob

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

I think they'll need to clarify what is happening with GT. Thought it may be fully paid up, it *could* remain open whilst there are outstanding actions - such as a PPI reclaim. The Insolvency Service have a decent complaints gateway, if GT are being a pain consider complaining.

Yeah im going to get them to give them a call and we will see what happens.

Thanks

Rob

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1

OK GT phoned and are keeping it opened untill ppi is claimed. Basically was threatened if you want closure on the IVA then you must claim your PPI. If you want the threatening letters from banks etc claiming you still owe money then claim ppi and they will stop.

How can you force somebody to claim ppi.

Is this worth a complaint ?

Regards

Rob

HALIFAX

MBNA

Capital one

Putting together n1