KnowHow not repairing my TV.

SuperS89
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’ve read a few of the threads on the forum, and now hope that someone is able to help me out.

I bought a TV from Currys two years ago, LCD, and took out the warranty on the product too. Thought to myself ’why not, it’ll help if anything ever happens…’ Mistake number one.

I should point out that I used to work for Currys at the time.

I put in a claim for the TV in July 2011, and have been in a battle with them ever since.

Without going into too much detail, the screen was cracked and the casing took some damage. I called up the guys at Knowhow,detailed the damages, and booked in the repair, and was told that it would be repaired/sorted in a week.

I let two weeks go by before I called them for an update, to which I was told by the adviser on the phone that they were awaiting parts for the repair of the TV. Happy with the explanation, I waited another week before calling again to get another update. I was then told that my claim was being rejected and my TV not repaired. I was a little, annoyed, to say the least.

I called back up again, giving all the details of how the accident happened, down to the materials of the items that the TV cracked off, and after a while, I was told that the decision was now out of the technicians’ hands, and I needed to write in and appeal the decision. I did just that, even providing a floor plan and pictures of the room that the TV was in, to support my appeal.

When the TV came away from the wall, it also destroyed my X-Box and my bluray player, both of which have been replaced by HMV and Comet, where I bought them from.

I had a letter back stating that the appeal was being upheld. I wasn’t going to accept that, and sent them a letter back stating the decision was unacceptable, stating that as an organisation selling insurance, they were in breach of the TCF principles, in particular the post-sale barriers for making a complaint or claiming compensation outcome.

I had a phone call from an independent claims adviser, who asked me a few questions, and then received another letter that after the ‘interview’ conducted by the ICA; they were still upholding the original decision.

I need some help. It’s not right they are basically calling me a liar, giving the old ‘inconsistent with damages’ excuse. And they took all that money for a service I feel they were never intending on honouring.

There is also a MASSIVE hole in the selling of the policy, which could have huge implications re a mis-selling of ALL the policies they currently hold, trust me, I used to sell them as a Currys employee.

But I don’t know where to turn to now…

Paul - CurrysPCWorld

is onboard here

we get lots if these sadly

else email the ceo

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

sri my link posted wrong

Paul - CurrysPCWorld

i've sent him a pm to look in

we apprear to be getting resolutions now, before we used the ceo of the old company too that got success

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi SuperS89

Once you've got a final answer from Curry's. Lodge a complaint with the FOS or take them to the small claims court.

If you think that Currys have been Mis-selling insurance policies, complain to the OFT with the evidence.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

Guide:- http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/wirral/countycourtindex.htm

http://www.oft.gov.uk/

Being an ex-employee at Currys, you want to know how we resolved issues? Wefobbed customers off with a phone number. Or gift cards. giving people refundsand vouchers, only happened if you kick up enough of a stink, joka007.

And there is definitely a case for mis-selling on the companies’ part. Notenough information is given to the consumer, and that excuse that you need toread the small print, and have fourteen days to terminate, it's bull.Especially how aggressively the staff in some stores are told to sell theafter-care, especially by the managers in the stores.

And thanks for re-posting dx. Hope the info moves forward to a satisfactory resolution.

Guest Paul - CurrysPCWorld

Hi SuperS89,

Thanks for taking the time to write your post up. I am sorry to read of the experience that you have had with regards to getting the tv repaired under your 'Whatever Happens Agreement'.

For me to be able to look into this more easily for you would you please be able to PM me your agreement number for your 'WEH' agreement so that I can look into this for you and see what progress has been made so far.

I will look forward to your response.

Kind Regrads,

Paul

The KNOWHOW Team

paul

it might be an idea if you post a link to an external way of them contacting you

as newbies with few posts cannot PM people now.

dx

siteteam

and they

This is a copy of the message I'd like to send Paul, minus my agreement number of course

Thanks for getting onto this for me Paul. My agreement number is **********.

I would like to add that I haven't touched the TV since it was delivered back to me un-repaired.

I looked at the TV yesterday evening, and noticed that there were additional cracks in the casing, as well as pieces missing from the bottom of the TV which were not consistent with the faults I originally sent it off with.

I am looking to write into the complaints team with tis information also.

Any help you can give me will be much appreciated.

I've also been in to see a few friends I still have working at Currys, or what is a company under the subsidiary of Currys but operating with a new name, who have stated that it is big 'claim' to make on there behalf, and that they are essentially calling me a liar.

Hi SuperS89,

Thanks for the PM with your agreement number on there. I have sent an email to our claims investigations team at our head office asking them for a breakdown of why the claim has been refused and once I have a response I will get back to you.

All the best,

Paul

The KNOWHOW Team.

Hi SuperS89,

I have received a response from our repair investigation team as to why your claim has been rejected.

They have listed the following points for me to feed back to you.

1. The TV was wall mounted by a 3rd party engineer that you have selected and then the TV has managed to fall from the wall, this suggests that the wall mount was not done in a safe manner. 2. You have confirmed that you have been unable to contact the 3rd party installer since the event to discuss this install. 3. The above information does leave our repair investigation team to believe that there was negligence when installing the afore mentioned TV.

The best course of action we can advise is that you can try and contact the installer who installed the product to seek retribution from there side as we are unable to take your claim further.

I am sorry that this is not the response you was looking for. I have looked into this issue as much as I can and I am now unable to offer you any more assistance with regards to this.

All the best,

Paul

The KNOWHOW Team.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the update Paul, sorry I haven't been back on here sooner, it's been a very hectic time. I just wanted to get back to you on a few things. I didn't say I couldn't get hold of the person who helped me install the tv, I told them I didn't want to involve them if I didn't have too, I speak to the installer quite regularfy as they are well known to me. They actually helped me install two other tv's in my home, One of which is in the same wall as the one that came away from the wall, but on the ground floor.

If I can get hold of the guy that helped me install the tv and discuss the details, or get any information from him that would be required, would that help my claim?

Hi superS89,

Thanks for getting back to me. The first course of action will be to talk to the installer on what he did to install the unit becuase as a company we believe that it was installed in an unsafe manner.

If you get more information that you have not already provided I would suggest that you write to the claims investigations team with more details.

Kind Regards,

Paul

The KNOWHOW Team