• Tweets

• I don't know much about this area of law but what you are saying about the continuation of a restored company makes perfect sense. I can scarcely imagine that it is any other way. How much money are we talking about here?
    • I'm having the same difficulty working out why @simeon1964 posted #32 without any explanation (again!) as to why it was posted.
    • as such there isnt one.  but that DN says 28 daya, should state a date in the format dd/mm/yyyy   and no IP address of signup PC either. lowells lose so many times on these issues 
    • Dear CAG,   Please advise on the following problem.   I have a friend who was very very ill since 2017. He had problems with his heart. After a number of heart attacks, he had a quadruple bypass in January 2021. (His bypass was to have taken place during 2020 but of course, it was delayed due to covid)   While he was waiting for the bypass operation, his company was struck off by Companies House in 2019 because he failed to send the company accounts and other documentation. He failed to send them because of his illness.   He made full recovery after his operation and he then restored his company as soon as he was able during 2021.     Prior to his illness his company was appointed as a commission sales agent for a manufacturing company (based in UK) in 2016 . During 2017, his company won a contract for this manufacturing Company for the first part of an engineering project.  His commission was paid in full by the manufacturing company after they were paid by the end user.   Even through his illness and heart attacks he was able to complete the second sale for the second part of the same engineering project. As a result, the manufacturing company won the contract for the second part during 2020. The manufacturer owes his company commission from the proceeds of this second order they received from the same end user customer.   The manufacturer refuses to pay the commission owed to his company saying that as it had been struck off, they are no longer obligated to make the payment. Any arrangement that was made prior to the company being struck off and for that reason, is null and void.   Our view is that the company being struck off is irrelevant because   a.       It is a continuation of the same project b.       The company has been restored. c.       The dissolution was merely due to an administration issue with Companies House as a consequence of his illness.   As the company has been fully restored the debt owed by the manufacturer is still valid, they are liable and they must pay.   According to the guidance notes on Companies House Website (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/company-strike-off-dissolution-and-restoration/strike-off-dissolution-and-restoration)   Guidance. Strike off, dissolution and restoration Updated 24 March 2021   11.8 Once a company has been restored by the court When a company has been restored to the register, the general effect is that a company is deemed to have continued in existence as if it had not been dissolved or struck off the register.   My friend is claiming the payment owed to his company. However, he may have to take legal action as I think the manufacturing company feels that they have the upper hand because his company has been struck off.  Even though it has been restored, the payment is no longer owed to the sales agent.     Will my friend be able to serve a writ on the manufacturer as a last resort so he could get his money?   Please advise your views and comments on this situation so I can advise him and we an consider the next steps.   Thank you Wrecked.    
    • Hi Schipoo,   In the 2nd document above from HMCTS, it starts by referring to 3 items attached, namely :-   Appeal/Application Respondant Decision Notice Supporting Documents   I assume the 2nd item is the first PDF posted above but please confirm.   If there are any other documents, can you post them up, redacted.   I'm not experienced in this appeal tribunal process but we'll do all we can to support you. However, are you prepared to follow guidance, submit documents/replies in the manner we suggest and meet any deadlines. Please confirm.   At the risk of repeating myself, any joy yet in visiting the police ? Of all the issues likely to affect your case, I think this is crucial.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

First National Tricity Finance Ltd - Who are they now

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3653 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I’ve been going through old paperwork (as you do on a Friday night!) and I have found a carbon copy of an original credit agreement for a loan when I bought a computer with Tiny Computers in 1998 spread over 3 years. This credit agreement clearly says I have opted for Payment Protection Plan Premium (optional) and is for £143. (The loan was for £1205). Had I known what this PPI was there is no way on this earth I would of forked this out.

The credit agreement says the creditor is Lombard Tricity Finance Ltd, Trinity House, 284 Southbury Rd, Enfield, Middlesex.

I also have a letter sent afterwards from First National Tricity Finance, same address with all the payment blurb on it.

Now I want my 143 quid back plus any interest but does anyone know who or what happened to Lombard/First National Tricity Finance and where they are?

Plus any suggestions how I go about claiming this back

Cheers

Current Debt : Approx £LOTS :-( ........................................................................Estimated Debt Free : Nov 2014 :-D

Barclaycard (wife) £1,080.43 Refunded

Barclaycard (me) SAR in progress

Shop Direct (x3 accounts) SAR completed. Claiming £3389.37 charges and £3,500 PPI

MBNA ..........SAR in progress. Charges & PPI from 1996 - present!

Your next ----> Lloyds Mastercard x2 - OPUS - Coop Visa - Monument Visa - RBS Visa - Cap One Visa x2 - Redcats x2

G E Money took 'em over

type in GE money advanced search top right

off you go get 'em

follow the std PPI reclaim advise in my sig below.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It is too late for me to claim the PPI on an Anglian arranged loan for double glazed windows in February of 2002. When we took it out my late husband was 80yrs old and I was 61. The loan was for 10 years! For 10 yrs I have paid £194 min a month on a less than £10,000, one thousand was the PPI. There were a few times when the interest increased. When he became ill in 2008 I contacted GE MONEY and asked about whether we could claim because of his illness, by telephone, and they informed me that the insurance was only for 5 years and not for the whole term of the loan.By the time the loan was to be finished we would have paid almost three times the amount borrowed. We have never defaulted on any loan we ever took out, or paid late, from anyone at all, and this loan was with the blessing of our then solicitor, as were other loans taken out.I have yet to be informed that the loan finishes this month.

It is too late for me to claim the PPI on an Anglian arranged loan for double glazed windows in February of 2002. When we took it out my late husband was 80yrs old and I was 61. The loan was for 10 years! For 10 yrs I have paid £194 min a month on a less than £10,000, one thousand was the PPI. There were a few times when the interest increased. When he became ill in 2008 I contacted GE MONEY and asked about whether we could claim because of his illness, by telephone, and they informed me that the insurance was only for 5 years and not for the whole term of the loan.By the time the loan was to be finished we would have paid almost three times the amount borrowed. We have never defaulted on any loan we ever took out, or paid late, from anyone at all, and this loan was with the blessing of our then solicitor, as were other loans taken out.I have yet to be informed that the loan finishes this month.

It is not too late for you to reclaim if it was mis-sold. Maybe start your own thread to discuss?

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I don't think this would be worth anymore investment by yourself sir, I think time limitations has kicked in regarding your civil claim. I could be wrong tho'.

there is NO TIME LIMIT ON PPI RECLAIMS

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the advice. Im struggling to find an address. Is GE Money this lot

http://www.gemoney.co.uk/en/

Ive got the spreadsheet LoanAnalysis.xls‎, my original credit agreement (they can have a copy), is there a template letter I can use (cant seem to find one).

I will fill in the spreadsheet tonight when I get home from work but might need a hand

Thanks

Current Debt : Approx £LOTS :-( ........................................................................Estimated Debt Free : Nov 2014 :-D

Shop Direct (x3 accounts) SAR completed. Claiming £3389.37 charges and £3,500 PPI

Your next ----> Lloyds Mastercard x2 - OPUS - Coop Visa - Monument Visa - RBS Visa - Cap One Visa x2 - Redcats x2

just type in ge money in our search top right

follow another ppi reclaim to them

dx

and they

I thought these sorts of loans as well as the store cards were sold by GE to santander and they just held onto the mortgages and home loans?

Not sure who to sar for mine lol.

Ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

just type in ge money in our search top right

follow another ppi reclaim to them

dx

Unfortunately DX the way the forum software works when you search for DE Money, its pulls back every post with the word ‘money’ and ‘de’ in it. Even when you use the syntax “de money” and de+money it still pulls back every post with ‘money’ in it.

If First National Tricity Finance/Lombard was actually taken over by GE Money, all I am trying to establish is who GE Money is. I genuinely don’t know who they are, hence my previous post.

Here is what Wikipedia state about them

In the United Kingdom GE operates the Moneybasics money advice site with the charities Credit Action and the Consumer Credit Counselling Service. It provides mortgages and secured loans through First National, acquired from Abbey National, and offers these through intermediaries. On 25 September 2008, it was announced that the UK Financial Services Authority had fined GE Money Home Lending £1.1 million for failings in its systems, which caused it to overcharge borrowers.[3] It was announced on 29 March 2008 that the GE Capital Bank store cards business and managed credit card business had been acquired by the Santander Group.[

So, Im now looking towards Santander and I’m beginning to wonder if it’s all worth it.

ge money are a credit finance company just like say barclay or lloyd.

if you type in

GE MONEY PPI

you will see several threads titled that

might not be top of the list

but they are there just checked meself.

dx

and they