Insurance claim deactivated alarm?

Jamesryan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,can anyone tell me if. If I leave my home for a short time secured without the house alarm activated (because of my dogs)

Will a claim for theft be entertained in the event of a break in and theft?

Thanks in advance

Hi,can anyone tell me if. If I leave my home for a short time secured without the house alarm activated (because of my dogs)

Will a claim for theft be entertained in the event of a break in and theft?

Thanks in advance

Depends on whether the Insurers have applied an endorsement requiring the alarm to be switched on whenever the house is left unattended by humans. If they have applied such an endorsement, then a theft claim would not be entertained.

Some people ask the Insurers for a premium discount for an alarm and the Insurers only apply the endorsement having given a discount. If this is the case and it is not a normal requirement for the Insurers to require an alarm, ask them to remove the discount and endorsement.

If the alarm is a definite requirement of Insurers due to the Insurance risk, then speak to them about this, as they may review. If they won't a company called Hiscox is more flexible. The alternative is to have the Alarm changed so that it only has perimeter (window/doors ) protection due to the dogs.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread