Mortgage Rescue Scheme is 'underspent'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went to see my MP who did provide a lot of support with letters and telephone calls.I Wrote to Cameron's office had someone ring from it who knew nothing about the scheme but read back a letter which they were sending to me over the phone to check if it was right!I contacted the Housing Minister.The Home and Communities office I left no stone unturned.I was told that they can waiver the capped amount but as in my post earlier only in extreme circumstances.My application in the beginning was left for over a month on someone's email the person had left.When it was picked up one of the admin staff curtly told me that they didn't just buy any old house and was very rude to me.My local Council Housing Strategy Officer and Shelter all said that some Mortgage Companies were just using it as an easy route to get their money and referring properties well over the capped amount which wouldn't be considered even though it has to go through the process of valuation etc.As time as gone on though it's opened a can of worms with my mortgage lender and isn't something I'm pursuing anymore.

You haven't got much to lose.....and you may find the local council have a different tack once your MP gets involved.

I'll have a go, I did threaten the council at one stage, that I would contact my MP and she said I can give you his contact details but I said it's ok I already have them. So I suppose they must be expecting it and they are sure they are in the right.

I went to see my MP who did provide a lot of support with letters and telephone calls.I Wrote to Cameron's office had someone ring from it who knew nothing about the scheme but read back a letter which they were sending to me over the phone to check if it was right!I contacted the Housing Minister.The Home and Communities office I left no stone unturned.I was told that they can waiver the capped amount but as in my post earlier only in extreme circumstances.My application in the beginning was left for over a month on someone's email the person had left.When it was picked up one of the admin staff curtly told me that they didn't just buy any old house and was very rude to me.My local Council Housing Strategy Officer and Shelter all said that some Mortgage Companies were just using it as an easy route to get their money and referring properties well over the capped amount which wouldn't be considered even though it has to go through the process of valuation etc.As time as gone on though it's opened a can of worms with my mortgage lender and isn't something I'm pursuing anymore.

Sorry you have been through that, it's just awful. Did you get a final letter from council turning you down?

Yes I did I receive a letter.Also I was told that the Housing trust implementing it couldn't be forced to buy My Property.It gave a lot of hope to many people who in the end just didn't get on it which would of took a lot of worry and stress away from them.I remain Positive and Strong in My Mind from being in the depths of despair on the brink of a nervous breakdown.I just switched off those feelings and started to look into everything My Mortgage lender has done with My Account.So much has come to light and I'll pursue it and I'll get the end result I want.

Yes I did I receive a letter.Also I was told that the Housing trust implementing it couldn't be forced to buy My Property.It gave a lot of hope to many people who in the end just didn't get on it which would of took a lot of worry and stress away from them.I remain Positive and Strong in My Mind from being in the depths of despair on the brink of a nervous breakdown.I just switched off those feelings and started to look into everything My Mortgage lender has done with My Account.So much has come to light and I'll pursue it and I'll get the end result I want.

I've got another thread going in the repossessions section but I will repeat that I have now made a complaint to the CEO of our lender who has passed it to his manager to look into the accounts and we were assured they would not take anymore legal action. But they lied or were incompetent because we got an eviction notice which we managed to get retracted & cancelled and an apology.

It might be an idea to complain to the CEO & FOS. We marked it private & confidential to make sure he saw it.

I've got another thread going in the repossessions section but I will repeat that I have now made a complaint to the CEO of our lender who has passed it to his manager to look into the accounts and we were assured they would not take anymore legal action. But they lied or were incompetent because we got an eviction notice which we managed to get retracted & cancelled and an apology.

It might be an idea to complain to the CEO & FOS. We marked it private & confidential to make sure he saw it.

Also, get the press involved if you can. The Express have got a campaign going at the moment.

I agree it no doubt does help a number of people.....I would like to hear from somebody who has had this made available to them.

hi, been reading these posts with interest as my husband and i have had a mortgage rescue, long story and extremely hard to get, took almost 2 years from start to finish, was turned down at one stage but i NEVER gave up, had CAB, local council luckily on side, we were supposed to be one of the 1st ever rescues back in end 2008/2009, ticked every box for eligibility and with serious illness that was made much worse through stress, mainly from the rescue, no one really knew what they were doing, i did most of the work to be honest and bombarded them with emails letters, went to my Mp and our case was actually mentioned at a housing debate in the house of commons, mainly because of the way we had been treated, we were given a date for the housing association would buy it, told to instruct the solicitors etc then at the very last minute told no sorry you cant have a rescue! we very livid, we were then left to get on with it, and as soon as the mortgage company (mortgage express, we were with gmac!but they sold it to M/E just after we had mortgage in 2006) got wind of it hundreds of pounds of charges were added and letters threatened with eviction again,as uptill then the account was on hold, the rescue team didnt offer any help at all, i never let it go and after many more months and letters to MP, housing minister at the time eventually it all went through in 2010 but i can honestly say that it was the hardest thing ive ever had to do, it was a farce at the time and by the looks of it still is, yes im grateful now that the worry of eviction has gone but was a nightmare, sincerely hope the ones that really need the help get it but be prepared to fight especially if you know you tick every box.

hi, been reading these posts with interest as my husband and i have had a mortgage rescue, long story and extremely hard to get, took almost 2 years from start to finish, was turned down at one stage but i NEVER gave up, had CAB, local council luckily on side, we were supposed to be one of the 1st ever rescues back in end 2008/2009, ticked every box for eligibility and with serious illness that was made much worse through stress, mainly from the rescue, no one really knew what they were doing, i did most of the work to be honest and bombarded them with emails letters, went to my Mp and our case was actually mentioned at a housing debate in the house of commons, mainly because of the way we had been treated, we were given a date for the housing association would buy it, told to instruct the solicitors etc then at the very last minute told no sorry you cant have a rescue! we very livid, we were then left to get on with it, and as soon as the mortgage company (mortgage express, we were with gmac!but they sold it to M/E just after we had mortgage in 2006) got wind of it hundreds of pounds of charges were added and letters threatened with eviction again,as uptill then the account was on hold, the rescue team didnt offer any help at all, i never let it go and after many more months and letters to MP, housing minister at the time eventually it all went through in 2010 but i can honestly say that it was the hardest thing ive ever had to do, it was a farce at the time and by the looks of it still is, yes im grateful now that the worry of eviction has gone but was a nightmare, sincerely hope the ones that really need the help get it but be prepared to fight especially if you know you tick every box.

Hi

Thanks for this, sounds like you had a very stressfull ride with the MRS.

The principle of the MRS is good, definitely

When it first came in though, I dont think it was that well thought out and perhaps looked better on paper as things sometimes do, I could say much more but this is not the place.

Ive seen and been involved in cases started around that period that have taken up to two years to complete with numerous court hearings to adjourn along the way. The pressure this put on those threatened with losing their homes was almost immeasurable, horrible at times, often vulnerable people too.

Along with what you have put, lenders holding out for shortfall balances did and does not help and then there is the nonsense with bankruptcy.

The rules changed a couple of years ago with the 10% rule coming in so it can cost a fair packet now and if lenders keep putting on the costs and charges and the case drags on, well.

The fact that there is such an astonishing underspend beggars belief and questions should be asked as to why this is in my opinion.

People at the coal face and those in Ivory Towers perhaps, stats games maybe?

I could say much, much more but I wont (not yet anyway and my memory is good)

I still say though (I have to) that the MRS has got to be worth serious consideration for those that are facing the prospect of losing their homes.

The MRS has been a godsend for some, its a fact

We have had a few succesful completions of late and a number of ongoing cases that look very positive.

We havent bothered passing go and trying to collect our £200's though, we have just got on with it, we have found that it is easier that way.

Sorry guys, but its the truth.

Just my opinions and genuine experience

Edited by Wintry

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

A fairly recent article on the Mortgage Rescue Scheme (MRS) from the Council of Mortgage Lenders (CML) site (you dont seem to see many articles on the MRS for some reason, strange really given the amount of money pumped in and underspent on a staggering scale)

While the actual CML article is a little basic so to speak this one does have what maybe is a very handy list of contact details on the lender front.

http://www.cml.org.uk/cml/policy/issues/4495

Anything that helps has to be a plus I suppose

My opinions as always

Edited by Wintry

• 8 months later...

Hi

interesting article from the CML on falling arrears and possessions.

The Mortgage Rescue Scheme (MRS) gets some good press here and an important reminder that it (MRS) closes to new applications at the end of March next year (2014) by the look of things (I stand to be corrected if I am wrong)

http://www.cml.org.uk/cml/media/press/3731

W

• 3 weeks later...

Honeybee.. I think the question by Pepe is for Wintry in respect of the closing of the Mortgage rescue scheme and whether it does finish in March of next year.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

can you confirm this or find out for me please

Hi

The dates are as given to me by colleagues of mine who work closely with the MRS

I cannot say for certain if all authorities will stick to these dates as appears to be the case in the news article link

The best way to be certain is to check with your local authority / registered provider

You could also contact your local CAB or another appropriate advice agency such as Law Centre or Shelter

If you have problems with your mortgage or feel that the mortgage rescue scheme might be of potential benefit to you then get advice ASAP, don't wait for things to get worse.

Useful information below from the CAB on the Mortgage Rescue Scheme (including contact links etc)

http://mymoney.nedcab.org.uk/moneyadvice/mortgagerescuescheme.asp

Hope this helps and best wishes

W

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

The Mortgage Rescue Scheme did close to new applications March 31st 2014

There are on going cases to be processed to their conclusions however

I have not really seen any precise evaluation figures yet so to speak and we would have to take the above into account however there has been a meeting or seminar or two I understand

I just wondered if anyone has any comments or feedback of the overall benefits, success (or costs maybe) of the scheme that at times arguably has been dogged by less than favourable publicity it would be fair to say.

Despite problems (as any new project usually runs into) the scheme has helped people and families stay in their home who otherwise would almost certainly be evicted.

So it might be interesting if anyone has any comments, experiences or views on the Mortgage Rescue Scheme?

My opinions

W

Is this going to continue, Wintry or has it totally stopped now ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Is this going to continue, Wintry or has it totally stopped now ?

Hi

As far as I know that's it with the Mortgage Rescue Scheme, they will just process the on going applications submitted by the deadline date (there has been a few timescales quoted as to 'hoped' completion time)

I understand that late applications just after the deadline date would have been considered however there would basically have to be good reason to allow them through so to speak and may depend on what area (or LA) they come under.

Anyone who has any doubts would be best contacting their LA / provider

That's how I understand the situation

I have got an on going application that was submitted close to the deadline date and it seems to be moving quite well but we shall have to wait and see)

The MRS has definitely helped people stay in their homes and even though I have been critical at times in the past I personally am sad to see it come to an end if I am honest)

Apologies for the late reply by the way

W

Thanks Wintry :)

BCOBS