Hello!

BJT76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

First off the best advice I can give you is read this site thoroughly, spend a lot of time reading and re-reading – get the process clear in your head before you start, that way you cannot make easy mistakes along the way.

The best place to start is here ---àhttp://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

The bank forums can be found here ----à http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/ scroll down to the bank action group and you will see a list of banks! Once you are comfortable with the site and how to get around pretty easily, you can pop into your banks forum (each bank has their own little group) so that you can meet people in similar situations to you – some will be further along in the process, some like you, just beginning!

Read the longer threads to give you an idea of what to expect along the way. The bank forums can be found here ----à http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/ scroll down to the bank action group and you will see a list of banks!

Post a thread in your bank group to introduce yourself, it’s a good way of keeping a little journal. Keep your own thread up to date, it will help you keep sane throughout the process but will also help others that may come after you! If you need any help post it on your thread, don’t start a new one! – your thread will be automatically bumped to the top and someone will be able to see it and help accordingly!

Finally keep to your deadlines and timelines, don’t be bullied by the banks! If in doubt just shout!!!

If you are new to forums a good link in helping to explain how to make posts can be found here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/13182-how-make-posts.html

Good luck and welcome J

• Confused 1

Welcome!

I panicked somewhat when I saw the size of these forums, but don’t be daunted!

The best thing you can do to get yourself started is read the FAQs at the following link. There you’ll find easy to understand tutorials (and I mean easy to understand – I understood them!!) on everything from what you can claim, and step by step instructions on how to begin the process.

It even includes links to a “template library” with sample letters that you can adapt when writing the bank. An hour or two studying these tutorials and you’ll be feeling a lot more confident.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html

Then don’t be shy in asking questions – I haven’t, and the response has been fantastic.

I was going to say best of luck – but as you’ll come to realise, you’ve had all the luck you need in finding this site – the rest is just following the established procedures for recovering YOUR money.

All the best.

• Confused 1

If I've helped, please tick the scales at the bottom left of this message!

17th Sept: Found this site! :)

Lloyds TSB

22 Sept: Subject Access Req.

3 Nov: statements arrived. Charges calulated at:

A/c 1 - £2,178.01 + int of £1,206.54 (18.4% authorised)

A/c 2 - £206.11 + int of £211.07 (18.4%)

7 Nov - prelim.

3 Dec - LBA

13 Dec - £750 offered

23 Dec - £750 credited

28 Dec - rejection letter

2 March - issued

16 April - complained at court failure to forward defence

Halifax

22nd September: Subject Access Request.

4th November: No reply so LBA giving 7 days.

Cap One

22nd September: Subject Access Req.

5th October: Letter saying no record of account!

15th October: Replied telling them to try harder...

22nd October: Subject Access Req acknowledged.

• 2 years later...

Hello everyone, you might be surprised to find out that Rootop are dragging their heels a bit, I want to change my direct debit date from the 1st of every month to the 25th. This is the date that my wife gets paid and we want to make sure that Rooftop get their money first. They have asked us to send in 3 months bank statements and 3 months payslips and an income and expenditure form. We've sent 1 months bank and payslip (copies) and blanked out everything that isnt relevent to them. They have now sent another letter saying that they wont budge unless they receive the 3 mothns they requested!! Surely they can see that we want to pay them on the day we get paid!!! I dont know what to do now, I dont see why they want bank statements any way??

Heeeeeeeeellllllpppppppp.......

Edited by BJT76
Wrong section!