Halifax Playing Games?

lehedges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5719 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Have Gone through the whole process and am pulling my hair out. I sent my £10 off and got all my statements and then

sent first letter - no reply

sent second letter - standard 'not going to do anything letter'

filed court claim - after 20 days.....nothing!

filed judgement - am currently on day 7....nothing so far

.................decided to all them as did not know what was going on. They claim that they have no record of a court claim....or a judgement that was enetered on the 20th September. They said their procedure was to scan the copies on to their computer systems...which then gets sent to the customer relations department...to which they will respond. Find it strange how they received request for statements......plus first and second letter....but the court claim and judgement have gone missing???????? Have faxed them through copies of my court paperwork as proof.

I have to call them later to make sure it has been received. Tell me.......if a judgement has been entered by northampton court....and served....they have to pay right? Also it seems they are trying to get out of it by pretending not to have the paperwork? where do i stand? I cant find an info about my particular situation.

many thanks

Unless they specifically apply to the Court for the judgment to be "set aside" (and they'd have to explain to the judge why they have good reason for doing so) then the judgment stands and you can take enforcement proceedings should they not pay up.

The Court will have sent them copies of your claim and notified them of the default judgment awarded to you, so they'd be on dodgy ground saying they know nothing about it!

Keep us posted - this is an interesting one!!

• Confused 1

If I've helped, please tick the scales at the bottom left of this message!

17th Sept: Found this site! :)

Lloyds TSB

22 Sept: Subject Access Req.

3 Nov: statements arrived. Charges calulated at:

A/c 1 - £2,178.01 + int of £1,206.54 (18.4% authorised)

A/c 2 - £206.11 + int of £211.07 (18.4%)

7 Nov - prelim.

3 Dec - LBA

13 Dec - £750 offered

23 Dec - £750 credited

28 Dec - rejection letter

2 March - issued

16 April - complained at court failure to forward defence

Halifax

22nd September: Subject Access Request.

4th November: No reply so LBA giving 7 days.

Cap One

22nd September: Subject Access Req.

5th October: Letter saying no record of account!

15th October: Replied telling them to try harder...

22nd October: Subject Access Req acknowledged.

Have spoke to their legal department...They have no record as such on my account.....but the guy was actually very polite.....

I said that I had entered a judgement on the 20th September and would like to know when they are going to put it in my account as I am going to issue a warrant in a couple of days which would mean bailiffs turning up at the local Branch to retreive my money.

He asked me to explain the stages that i had gone through, to which i told him...and said the court had agreed this therefore allowing the judgement to be entered. He then said that they are inundated with cases like this at the moment and that there is a backlog....and to give it a couple more days and contact them again before isssuing a warrant.

I expected them to be very rude on the phone but they were ok, basically they have to hand the money over....they are just dragging their heels aren't they. What i cant understand is how the initial claim isnt even noted on my account yet....how much of a backlog have they got? The initial claim was served on the 30th August!. They do have records of my letters sent though. If they dont clear their backlog it will prove very expensive for them!!

Any advice guys?

Should i phone back Friday morning and tell them I am issuing a warrant that day?...in a hope that they will put all money back in my account? I ideally do not want to send in bailiffs as my claim is for £7741....and a bailiff can only claim £5000 each time...which means it will drag on to retreive the remainder.

Any advice or similar stories would be appreciated