• Tweets

• Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

welcome got CCJ/CO without my knowledge - help to set aside please

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2796 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all, just wondering if someone could give me some advice on a problem I caused with a debt.

been repaying a welcome finance loan for years ( got it when I was 19)

I ignored my massive debt for a while back then.

Started paying through a debt management company, Byron and keeled. Then realised after a year or so the debts weren't really going down.

Got into financial difficulties and stopped paying altogether about two years ago.

Was informed by welcome finance that they had taken me to court and I lost.

Never got notified till after court.

Started to pay all my creditors.

Then luckily my dad came into some money and paid them all off for me and I pay him £250 a month since then.

We didn't pay wf tho because they wouldn't negotiate a deal for a reduced fee.

Around march last year I got.

Letter from Fsa about pin which I filled out and got the loan reduced to 1700 .

Bare in mind it was a 2500 loan and I had already paid them more than that back'

a round that time I heard welcome finance had gone bust and had the genius idea to stop paying them.

My plan was to keep the money aside until they contacted me.

The months went by with no contact and of course the money disappeared.

Got. Letter just before Christmas from lrc satin they had taken over management of the case.

They mention " as you are aware ou client obtained judgement against you on 21/12/2011 and the current outstanding balance is 1704"

I have no idea what judgement they have Is and this is the only letter I have received about t.

The letter is dated 21/12.

It says I need to contact them and agree a payment to discharge the security their client hold against my property.

Not sure what this men either?

I own a car which I'm now terrified they will take.

I didn't contact them by phone because I have no money father Christmas and kno from experience there is no point trying to talk to dcas without makin a payment.

I have filled out their online financial statement income and expenditure thing and offered £85 a month.

Does anyone kno what judgement they may have?

How they kno I have a car?

And whether this is a fair offer.

To be honest I had to fudge the income exp bit a bit because it came out as me having 300 a month spare, but I can assure you with two kids and a wife out of work I really don't.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the tl;dr

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the original loan for a car?

Do you own your own property such as a house or flat?

Did you ever recieve a County Court Claim form?

Did you live at a different address when you took out the loan - or have you moved since taking out the loan?

if you did not receive court papers nor a judgement

then you need to get it set aside

moved tothe legal forum and retitled your thread

type in

set aside a CCJ

in our search top right

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thread moved and retitled

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi sorry.

yeah i live at same address. Not my home, living with parents. I own a car bought from a family member, but the original loan was not a car loan.

its was for £2500.

I got letter from the court saying i had lost and it had an attachment of earnings i think. that was probably in 2008/2009.

I have recieved nothing about this latest "judgement" except the letter from "Legal Recoveries & Collections"

what latest judgement?

you say...It says I need to contact them and agree a payment to discharge the security their client hold against my property.

so you dont own a property

so you dont have a charging order?

just a CCJ?

you need to goto trustonline

or

get your CRA file to findout whatthey have got against you.

if its a CCJ, and you never got any court papers

then you need to set it aside.

can i just confirm, you have NEVER been to court

as the CCJ and the [poss] charging order mentioned above

would have been TWO court cases

dx

and they

ive never been to court!

ive never been told i was being taken to court...

I was simply told a few years back, I WAS taken to court, and I lost and owed them xx amount of money.

I had recieved default notices, but if i remeber correctly it was around the time I stopped paying to renegotiate payments.

I had been with byrom and keeley DMC and wanted to up the payments by doing it myself.

I crapped myself because I am licensed for my work and didnt want to lose it and made them an offer of payment which they accepted.

Unfortunately i have such a terrible memory im not really sure of exact dates and when it all fits together. Its possible i was teken to court while byrom and keeley were handling my affairs. (wouldnt suprise me as they were useless)

This latest thing has come completely out of the blue.

Exact words on letter are "as you are aware our client obtained Judgement against you on 21/12/2012 and the current balance is £1,704.05. Our client's records show the last payment on the account was £105.75 on 04/04/2011. Effective immediately - please stop all payments to Irwin Mitchell."

However the last payments werent to irwin mitchell. I had been dealing with Welcome Finance themselves since I ditched the DMC...

get you cra file

and go up on

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/

we need the true picture

something smells here

dx

and they

Detailed Report for :

MR, xxxxxYour Ref : 642181 England and Wales Orders & Judgments

NOTHING REGISTERED

do i need to do the high court judgements one? or fine defaults?

strange

no it wont be high court

do the cra

dx

and they

if you have a debit or credit card

you can get it now for free

just cancel before 30 days are up

make SURE the card is registered at your address and that all your addresses are shown under linked addresses

i smell a rat here.

gotta go off line for 30 mins

be back soon

dx

and they

hmmm, not having much luck here.

equifax asked me about loans from epople i didnt recognise as security. And booted me and said to call customer services. Experian keeps cycling because i put my card number in wrong i think. now when i log in it says i need to register again and when i register again it says i am already a member and need to log in. I will try Call credit now...

ok got through second time with experian but they say i need to confirm some details and they will email me.. sigh.

thank you for your interest by the way. i appreciate it :)

no bother

something smells here

the troops will be along in the morning

though i doubt [snigger]

it IS the case

its not unheard of for FAKE court papers to be sent out

not normally by an OC

by certainly has been known to be done by fleecing DCA's

alot of their 'income'

is from debts that the debtor need never pay.

they just dont know any better

they think DCA's are bailiffs and have powers

in reality

DCA's HAVE NO LEGAL POWERS

just send convincing threat-oi-grams and alike

spoofers united.

catch you in the morning

you dont happen to remember the court name do you?

if northapton bulk

[or even if not]

i'd give them a call too

ask them for any outstanding judgements

for your details.

dx

and they

yeh it was northhampton it came from... im in reading tho, i remember that being weird

could it have been wiped off because i paid up? well i mean settled on a payment plan?

unless it was paid in i think 28 days

itwould have gone through

good

we're moving fwd

give the court a ring in the morning

ask for details of any judgements against you.

they'll prob help with like info for a set aside too.

just my hunch

but i'd suspect something is amiss here

unless you are in scotland

that ccj should be showing on trust site

and i doubt you're that stupidto select eng/wales

when scotlaND is listed too.

just my guttgoing

sleep tight

we'll sort you out whatever the outcome

dx

and they

yeh it was northhampton it came from... im in reading tho, i remember that being weird

could it have been wiped off because i paid up? well i mean settled on a payment plan?

Are you saying you think this debt has been paid?

Do you have a copy of the original agreement?

Hi,

No i dont think the debt is paid.

I mean I have already paid back more than I borrowed by a huge way, but i still technically owe someone £1,700 ish.

I don't thin I do have the original agreement. I tried to look while back and I have pages missing I think, becuase welcome give you like a whole booklet of stuff.

DX,

I just dug out the paperwork and its a Notice of Application for Attachment of Earnings that I found. From Northampton bulk, but transfered to Reading. I gave northhampton a ring and they have it on the system.

No idea why it didnt show up on that site.

Just had a phonecall frm LRC people actually, but it woke me up and she was very rude so i told her to go away. Not sure if that was the best idea, given im tryin to get a deal out of them, but nevermind

You have done the right thing - never, ever speak to them on the phone. If they phone tell them you want everything in writing.

I would suggest sending an SAR to Welcome.

Others will be able to assist in getting the set aside.

• 1 month later...

Hi there was just wondering how you were getting on with this as I too have received a letter off LRC with regards to a loan i had off welcome finance

Hope you get this sorted out quickly

• 5 months later...

bit of a late bump... I am currently paying LRC 85/month.

it was alot less hassle. I think the debt is now around 1100.

Im bumping this because im still confused about the CCJ from years ago. the court told me it is on their system, but I have checked experian, equifax and that trust online and nothing shows up. I cant seem to get call credit to work for some reason.

Im just a little concerned because im lookin to rent a new place next month. The guy at letting agency said not to worry too much about defaults as they dont check too thorooughly apparently and I have settled all but WF, and defaults were 3-4 years ago. But I dont know whther to mention this CCJ. If i dont and it shows up, im buggered. But if i do and it doesnt show up i may well be buggered too :p

any advice?

hmm, just got on call credit. No CCJ on there either... So should i just keep schtuum!??

6 defaults from 24 credit accounts though.... Ouch! Hope they dont use call credit! lol

• 6 months later...

bump for gettin stuffed by Welcome :p

So today, having moved house in aug last year i get an Attachment of Earnings order re the welcome debt.

Its from Reading County Court just saying it is a copy of the letter sent to my employer (which will well and truly screw me over)

But that "the court orders that you must deduct £90.00 per month ...

... until £5646.52 (the mounth payable under the judgement/order) has been paid."

WHAT?!

I have received nothing from welcome or LRC for month,

when I moved house I contacted LRC who I was paying £85 per month,

since this thread initially started saying I had moved house due to family problems,

it was much more expensive and I had no way of paying them.

(Unfortunately I think I did this via their "contact us" forms on their website, so doubt I have any copy)

and I think I said I would pay £20 per month as a token until I found some way to increase my earnings/ lower my bills.

It is very possible I have not paid the £20 for a month or two though, as I have been tooing and frowing between two accounts lately so not sure.

I have not been contacted by LRC I dont think, I get tonnes of spam phone calls though so do not answer and very few leave messages so don't tink I have.

It would seem the original CCJ they got YEARS AGO mentioned in the thread, which never got 'processed' or whatever bcause i agree to pay is now in motion ????

Is this allowed? That was 2007 i think?

Maybe that was the "security they hold against me" that was mentioned in the letter in OP

So what should I do.

I'm licensed as a Casino worker s a CCJ will screw me over there and I could lose my job,

not to mention I'm on my way to a big promotion which is ****ed now my work has this 5K debt letter

as it makes me seem financially unstable and therefore not 100% trustworthy.

I will ring the court on monday I guess but should I SAR welcome and LRC just incase I somehow get stuck with a 5K bill..?

I mean jesus! I've already paid around 6.5k for a 2.5k loan...

I figure the amount owing is around £1000 now...

Any help/advice/insight greatly appreciated :)

whoops, yeah it looks like i missed dec jan and now feb payments of £20. damn! should they not have contacted me though? I mean they definately have my new address and contact number. If I don't answer shouldnt they leave a message?