no claims bonus : 1st Central car insurance -- where do i stand please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i've just taken out car insurance (24th December 2011 start date) with 1st Central..

I have 5 years no claims bonus.my last claim was feb 2006 ..i sent them last years certificate from another insurer as proof..this showed 4 years..

they wrote to me saying i have only 4 years no claims and that they are going to charge me £57.46 which includes a £50 administration fee (this makes me particularly sick) which will be taken across the year...

i really can't afford that extra. my old insurer issued me with a new certificate before i signed up with 1st central so i've sent them this which shows 5 years NCB..

where do i stand please?..any useful advice appreciated.

Ring them and give them the details of the insurer who can confirm the 5 years, they will call them and confirm this. Im with1st central, couldnt find my certificate showing my entitlement and they called them. job done!

• 3 weeks later...

belated thanks Crem and Lisa...i sorted it out...note for the future...even though i'd changed insurers...they take the reissued (cancelled) certificate as the proof of no claims..its the very last one even though it is not valid as a motor certificate in its own right..it'll show they very upto date No claims bonus years.

• 3 months later...

help, 1st car central say they wont accept my last 7 years no claim proof of bonus because this was accrued whilst operating as a taxi driver. when i questioned this they said this was liabilty that the underwriters wouldnt accept, therefore i have to go back to 0 years. To top it they are charging me an extra £140.00!. As they didnt stipulate this at the time i took out the policy, have i not been sold this policy under false pretences? ppr

Any suggestions as how to solve this would be greatly appreciated.

Its not going to be much help - but I had heard of this before.

However, the one I had read about they deducted two years from the NCB to swap a taxi policy for a private car.

The only thing I could suggest would be get their reasons in writing, and then contact the ombudsman.