• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

lloyds tsb

Dorabell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi alli need your advice again please:) in april i requested a copy of cca this is what they sent i will post up it looks like they have passed it on to Allied International, i have received this card throu the post it was in a envelope i requested my S.A.R which i received last week all they have sent me is 5months of statements from may to september 03 on my credit file its showing number 6 and has not been updated for 2months any advice is most appriciated thank you:)

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about anyone else but I simply can't read the application form/agreement well enough to know whether it is enforceable or not.

Can you upload it to Photobucket so it might be easier to read?

We really do need to get a consensus on whether or not this is enforceable before knowing how to proceed.

SH

I don't know about anyone else but I simply can't read the application form/agreement well enough to know whether it is enforceable or not.

Can you upload it to Photobucket so it might be easier to read?

We really do need to get a consensus on whether or not this is enforceable before knowing how to proceed.

SH

Thanks SH already with photobucket it is a poorly copied have try,d again i can not get any clearer there are no precribed terms on there just name, account number under neath a bit were it says balance transfers

OK. Firstly, that "agreement" look totally unenforceable.

If what they have sent you is in the same state as your posted version, then it is illegible. From what I can see, It looks to lack just about everything needed for an agreement. This is only an opinion, as it is on here it is clearly not fully legible.

When was this sent to you? From your first post, it seems as though the alleged debt has been sold on while the account was in dispute. Naughty.

If they wanted to take me to court on the back of that illegible application form I would invite them to do so.

Write to Allied International with the "Account In Dispute" letter, as it should never have been passed to them in the first place.

Keep all of the letters of evidence of LTSBs misdemeanours for possible future action.

SH

OK. Firstly, that "agreement" look totally unenforceable.

If what they have sent you is in the same state as your posted version, then it is illegible. From what I can see, It looks to lack just about everything needed for an agreement. This is only an opinion, as it is on here it is clearly not fully legible.

When was this sent to you? From your first post, it seems as though the alleged debt has been sold on while the account was in dispute. Naughty.

If they wanted to take me to court on the back of that illegible application form I would invite them to do so.

Write to Allied International with the "Account In Dispute" letter, as it should never have been passed to them in the first place.

Keep all of the letters of evidence of LTSBs misdemeanours for possible future action.

SH

Thanks for your reply this has been in dispute with tsb since april:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all just received a telephone call from Allied international (Dont now were they have had the number from i change the phone number 4months ago:mad:) asking to confirm security qustions which i dident, he quoted are you awere about the outstanding debt i said i am not going to discuss this on the fone i said this account is in dispute, he got quite angry he said calls are being recorded i kept saying in writing please he mentioned court proceedings, and said they dont write to discuss a account its done by telephone, and in the next breath ok then we will send you a letter that we will be going down diffrent avenues them is words i thout he said we dont send letters out:confused:

Hi all just received a telephone call from Allied international (Dont now were they have had the number from i change the phone number 4months ago:mad:) asking to confirm security qustions which i dident, he quoted are you awere about the outstanding debt i said i am not going to discuss this on the fone i said this account is in dispute, he got quite angry he said calls are being recorded i kept saying in writing please he mentioned court proceedings, and said they dont write to discuss a account its done by telephone, and in the next breath ok then we will send you a letter that we will be going down diffrent avenues them is words i thout he said we dont send letters out:confused:

Can some one please point me in the direction for the harrassment letter thank you:)

You need more than a templated letter for this one, as it is blatant harassment, AND they are trying to collect on an account which is firmly in dispute, AND they are using a private number which was not given to them.

Start making a log of all nuisance calls now. It is time to go on the offensive.

Make a list of every possible transgression you can think of, as you need to build up the strongest possible case to eventually take this to the ombudsman.

SH

You need more than a templated letter for this one, as it is blatant harassment, AND they are trying to collect on an account which is firmly in dispute, AND they are using a private number which was not given to them.

Start making a log of all nuisance calls now. It is time to go on the offensive.

Make a list of every possible transgression you can think of, as you need to build up the strongest possible case to eventually take this to the ombudsman.

SH

Thanks SH will do:)

Hi Dora.

What stage are we at with lloyds?

Have you sent a letter advising them the CA is unenforcable? If so have they replied?

I would advise you remind AIC the account is in serious dispute with LTSB and if they continue with there threats then you will be reporting them to the police, TS and OFT.

Also i notice the letter has broken OFT guidelines on debt collection by asking you to pay on card which falls under the extending of further borrowing.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi Dora.

What stage are we at with lloyds?

Have you sent a letter advising them the CA is unenforcable? If so have they replied?

I would advise you remind AIC the account is in serious dispute with LTSB and if they continue with there threats then you will be reporting them to the police, TS and OFT.

Also i notice the letter has broken OFT guidelines on debt collection by asking you to pay on card which falls under the extending of further borrowing.

Hi GM glad to see you back:) sent lloyds the letter advising unenforceble the next thing threatning letter from AIC they was collecting on behalf of there client i have not received any letter from lloyds to say they have passed on to AIC for collection

ok then i would advise you tell AIC that you are currently disputing the Debt with LTSB and that untill the dispute is delt with then you expect to hear no more from them and if you do u will be making a formal complaint to the relivant authorities including but not limilted to TS, OFT, FOS your local newspaper, national newspapers and the BBC news channels for local and national news and there tv programes panaroma and watchdog.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

That is an interesting letter, isn't it?

The first paragraph sounds as though it was written by an eleven year old who has just failed his first English exam -

"immediately our Client have authorised us...."

Not "Clients have", or "Client has".

The last part conjours up some interesting pictures as well, doesn't it?

"You must telephone this office immediately to make payment in full using one of the following methods -"

I can see people paying with credit and debit cards over the telephone, although as the GM has already pointed out, there is a problem with a credit card asking people to borrow more money, but CASH????

I can just see some old boy now, rolling up a five pound note and trying in vain to stuff it into the holes in the telephone receiver. Or maybe you just quote the serial number, and they print off a brand new one the other end? You wouldn't put it past them, would you?

And a BUILDING SOCIETY CHEQUE???

Roll it into a ball, stuff it into the receiver, and move it along the wires all the way to the offices at the other end, until it comes out in the telephone operator's earhole.

What about HSBC BANK?? How can you pay at a bank over the telephone??? Are you supposed to pay your money to the lovely people behind the counter, then have a demolition ball crush the branch into a pulp, still with the people inside it, pulverise it still further with a giant pestle and mortar, and then pour the powder into the telephone receiver so it comes out the other end?

I think we're getting into the realms of fantasy here, Jones.

Still, it saves having to buy the Dandy or the Beano, doesn't it?

SH

• Haha 1

Dora shout if you want a GM special.

That is an interesting letter, isn't it?

The first paragraph sounds as though it was written by an eleven year old who has just failed his first English exam -

"immediately our Client have authorised us...."

Not "Clients have", or "Client has".

The last part conjours up some interesting pictures as well, doesn't it?

"You must telephone this office immediately to make payment in full using one of the following methods -"

I can see people paying with credit and debit cards over the telephone, although as the GM has already pointed out, there is a problem with a credit card asking people to borrow more money, but CASH????

I can just see some old boy now, rolling up a five pound note and trying in vain to stuff it into the holes in the telephone receiver. Or maybe you just quote the serial number, and they print off a brand new one the other end? You wouldn't put it past them, would you?

And a BUILDING SOCIETY CHEQUE???

Roll it into a ball, stuff it into the receiver, and move it along the wires all the way to the offices at the other end, until it comes out in the telephone operator's earhole.

What about HSBC BANK?? How can you pay at a bank over the telephone??? Are you supposed to pay your money to the lovely people behind the counter, then have a demolition ball crush the branch into a pulp, still with the people inside it, pulverise it still further with a giant pestle and mortar, and then pour the powder into the telephone receiver so it comes out the other end?

I think we're getting into the realms of fantasy here, Jones.

Still, it saves having to buy the Dandy or the Beano, doesn't it?

SH

Thanks SH i do like posting the letters up for you all to comment:lol: your post has made me laugh:-)

Will do just later as i have a letter of my own to write

Hi Dorabell, I had the same thing happen with a Barclays SAR request in respect of 3 accounts. The consensus of opinion on the forum was that this meant the debts had been written off. I wrote to Bcard complaining that they had been chasing debts which showed a nil balance and they went strangely quiet.

Don't know what tohers think, but it worked for me.:D