PPI, RBOS & Loan Statute barred ** TOTAL WIN **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4311 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

OK we seem to think that in a case like this then there isn't a case for setting off....my apologies :oops:

In which case you will need to notify them that this refund (when you agree it) must come to you.

ims

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Legal precedent?....not as far as I know.

It could be worth a call to fos for them to clarify the position or there may be something hidden away on their website.

ims

Phoned FOS and they can not advise

Have therefore picked the smallest offer and sent it back accepting it and see what they do.

I would like to thank everyone for their help while trying to get through this reclaim of PPI and let you know that the total of the 6 offers I have received come to over £20000

Hi All

Can someone have a look at the letter I received for the offer of PPI and let me know whether this is standard wording or is unique to my offer

I understand that the Payment Protection Policy on my current loan, if not already

cancelled, has now been cancelled and that all benefits and cover offered by the plan

have ceased.

I wish to accept the Bank's total goodwill offer of £ 1,702.41, on the basis that such

an offer is accepted in full and final settlement of all or any claims which I might have

against The Royal Bank of Scotland Group or any subsidiary companies in respect of

my The Royal Bank of Scotland Payment Protection Insurance policies for Loan

Account Number *******

If I am subject to alternative fiduciary arrangements such as an IVA or Protected trust

deed, any payment will be made to an existing account I hold with you.

Any disbursements due under the terms of the arrangement will then be managed by the

Group's Insolvency Team.

i understand that the offer will take into account any arrears on my account.

The remaining balance, if any, will then be paid to my The Royal Bank of Scotland current

account, or by cheque if no account remains open.

I am aware that it is possible for the account to remain in arrears if the offer is not sufficient to clear the full amount

owing on the account.

Signed; Date

Signed: . Date

Mr A Weir

Daytime contact number

Edited by dx100uk

4 threads merged

keep to one thread per reclaim.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

looks ok

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi All

Can someone have a look at the letter I received for the offer of PPI and let me know whether this is standard wording or is unique to my offer

I understand that the Payment Protection Policy on my current loan, if not already

cancelled, has now been cancelled and that all benefits and cover offered by the plan

have ceased.

I wish to accept the Bank's total goodwill offer of £ 1,702.41, on the basis that such

an offer is accepted in full and final settlement of all or any claims which I might have

against The Royal Bank of Scotland Group or any subsidiary companies in respect of

my The Royal Bank of Scotland Payment Protection Insurance policies for Loan

Account Number [EDIT].

If I am subject to alternative fiduciary arrangements such as an IVA or Protected trust

deed, any payment will be made to an existing account I hold with you. Any

disbursements due under the terms of the arrangement will then be managed by the

Group's Insolvency Team.

i understand that the offer will take into account any arrears on my account. The

remaining balance, if any, will then be paid to my The Royal Bank of Scotland current

account, or by cheque if no account remains open. I am aware that it is possible for

the account to remain in arrears if the offer is not sufficient to clear the full amount

owing on the account.

Signed; Date

Signed: . Date

Mr A Weir

Daytime contact number

This is the same as the letter I tidied for you in post#46 above.

It looks pretty much OK if the offer is for the correct amount although we feel that you should dispute the set off as above

ims

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Am pleased to report that they have settled 4 out of the 6 claims by cheque and have sent a text to say the last 2 will be settled within 7 days

I would like to thank everyone again for their help as it has been invaluable

The total figure is still changing as every claim has been settled higher than the original offers and I am assuming this is because they are still accruing interest daily until they are settled

• 2 weeks later...

This is really great news....I bet your well pleased.

Congratulations and enjoy your winnings!

ims

EDIT: Thread title changed to reflect the full win :whoo:

Awesome win, let's hope i and others are this successfull.....

Regards,

Grant

Paragon Loan 1 - Case started 10/05/12

Paragon Loan 2 / Loans.co.uk - Case started 10/05/12

Paragon Loan 3 -Flexi Loans - Case started 10/05/12 - FSCS said no case as sold before 2005.

Paragon case Thread at: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?347488-HELP-Please-No-account-Numbers-for-old-loans

HFC Loan - SAR sent 10/05/12 - Response received 30/5/12 saying info on way within 40 days.

Excellent news.. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D