Default still showing on CRA after six years

pobalob
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Any help is much apreciated.

I have a default registered on 04/01/2006 from this date onwards there is no payment history. One of the boxes says date updated 13/05/2009.

Am I correct in thinking that even though this debt has not been settled that the default should now be removed as six years and a week has passed or because welcom updated the credit file in 2009 does the six years run from the later date?

I am very confused with all of this and before I get in touch with Equifax thought I best seek advice. I raised a dispute with Equ and Exp some time ago as I did not agree with the information re the credit agreement, Exp removed the information from them but Equ did not.

Thanks in advance

the whole accoout should not be showing

its well statute barred

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi guys thanks for the replies, I don't think it's as straight forward as it seems. It was a joint agreement from 2003. From what I can remember I was supposed to be taken off and they started a new agreement with new payment terms. supposedly with me taken off the agreement but when I requested a sar there was initials where my signature should have been.

Anyway that's long gone now keeping the paper work incase anything crops up, they started the new agreement in 2004 payment history till jan 06 when the agreement was defaulted by him. No months showing on cra for payments for a full six years. I'm hoping that it will come off

automatically as its been on my credit file altogether for nine years now and still no sign of the thing being removed.

Any in insight on this will be much appreciated thanks