Latest Advice on CCA letters to DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Firstly thanks for all the hard work and advice from the regular posters on here.

I found the site a few months ago while struggling with credit card debt and sent off the CCA letters to the DCA's and a couple of credit card companies who kept the debt in house.

The responses to the original letters were in 3 categories.

1) We have no CCA or we're looking for it

2) Here is a "true" copy with no signature etc

3) Here is the CCA

For 1 and 2 I then sent off the follow up letters and put the accounts into dispute. I'm now waiting for the follow up or fall out from these letters.

What I'm hoping to clarify on here is the current latest advice given the Carey vs HSBC outcome.

1) Was I correct to put the accounts in category 1 into dispute and stop making payments?

2) As above but for those who sent me a "true" copy.... how should I deal with these?

Its all credit card debt and I have been on a debt repayment plan for 3 years but recent changes in circumstances are making it very difficult to keep up.

thanks in advance

do these debts show on your CRA file?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

should do

now sit on you hands

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dx100uk,

So I've finally got access to my CRA account.

Of the 6 parties chasing me only 3 of them appear on my CRA.

Of the 3 that appear onmy CRA

1 has provided me with a signed copy of my original credit agreement following my initial CCA letter.

1 has sent me a "true" copy with no signature.

1 DCA has written to me telling me they are no longer dealing with my account and has passed it back to the original creditor (they admitted they could not provide me with a copy of my agreement requested in the CCA letter)

Of the 3 that don't appear on my credit record, they are all going down the route of sending me "true" copies with no signature and drafting long letters about why I need to keep up payments.

Any advice on what to do next?

thanks in advance

quite honestly, if it doesn't show on your CRA PERS i'd stop all payments.

there appears to be no reason to pay them.

but a bit of history on each of these with dates might help decide.

on the ones that show.

obv if they've got a CCA and theres no way it could poss be SB'ed then it make thngs different.

of the three that show

who's name is aganst the debts?

dx

and they

ok so the culprits are

1) Apex Credit Management: Could fulfill the CCA request so have handed it back to the original creditor. Does appear on the CRA report from Experion under APEX. Card started May 1998, default April 2009.

2) Blair Oliver Scott on behalf of Bank of Scotland Credit Cards: Sent me a signed copy of the CCA Agreement. Does appear on the CRA report but under Bank of Scotland, not Blair Oliver Scott. Card started Sept 2006, default September 2009.

3) Tesco Credit Cards: Have sent me a reconstituted "true" copy of my credit agreement with no signature. It does appear on my CRA report from Experion under Tesco. Card started March 2008, Defaulted Dec 2008.

4) Barclaycard (One CC from Barclaycard and another from Egg that they've taken responsibility for): Have sent me a reconstituted "true" copy but DOES NOT appear on my CRA File.

5) Direct Legal Collections: Have not sent me anything after my CCA request and DOES NOT appear on my CRA report.

So with 2 I am surrendering to my fate but 1,3,4 and 5 I want to pursue as much as possible.

I have been paying for 3 years via a debt repayment plan....

My plan of action should therefore be....

1) Sit on my hands I presume and stop all payments

3) Hit them with a CPUTR 2008 letter?

4) Hit them with a CPUTR 2008 letter?

5) Sit on my hands and stop all payments.

your advice as always is much appreciated.

ok so the culprits are

1) Apex Credit Management: Could fulfill the CCA request so have handed it back to the original creditor. Does appear on the CRA report from Experion under APEX. Card started May 1998, default April 2009.

- time to investigate reclaiming?

2) Blair Oliver Scott on behalf of Bank of Scotland Credit Cards: Sent me a signed copy of the CCA Agreement. Does appear on the CRA report but under Bank of Scotland, not Blair Oliver Scott. Card started Sept 2006, default September 2009. - BOS IS BOS! in house dca. - time to investigate reclaiming?

3) Tesco Credit Cards: Have sent me a reconstituted "true" copy of my credit agreement with no signature. It does appear on my CRA report from Experion under Tesco. Card started March 2008, Defaulted Dec 2008. - - time to investigate reclaiming?

4) Barclaycard (One CC from Barclaycard and another from Egg that they've taken responsibility for): Have sent me a reconstituted "true" copy but DOES NOT appear on my CRA File. - something fishy here, poss already written off or sb'ed? how old?

5) Direct Legal Collections: Have not sent me anything after my CCA request and DOES NOT appear on my CRA report. - thats quite usual for DLC, they do try spoofing people!, what was the debt? a citi card?when was YOUR last payment?

So with 2 I am surrendering to my fate but 1,3,4 and 5 I want to pursue as much as possible.

I have been paying for 3 years via a debt repayment plan....

My plan of action should therefore be....

1) Sit on my hands I presume and stop all payments

3) Hit them with a CPUTR 2008 letter?

4) Hit them with a CPUTR 2008 letter?

5) Sit on my hands and stop all payments.

your advice as always is much appreciated.

who is your DMP with?

dx

and they

Reclaiming what? sorry if I'm being dim. No PPI on any of these as far as I'm aware.

Egg was from around 2002 but need to check exact date.

Barclaycard was more recent, around 2007/8.

Last payments to all were late 2011.

All debts are credit cards, DLC was MBNA, Apex was Goldfish.

you need to findout if your payments via the DMP WERE coming off the debts.

who was/is your DMP with?

dx

and they

was good you've finished with them.?

how do you know the OC's bal was going down, was the dca telling you this or the reports from the OC showed this?

dx

and they

never trust what a DCA says!

the OC

dx

and they

I've got Apex and DLC I've got annual statements clearly showing that the balance is reducing.... if it wasn't then surely thats fraud?

For Blair et al I've got monthly BOS statements showing the reducing balance as well.

So all ok there.

ok good

just that we often see these private dmp co's magic payments away and they never see the oc and orginal debt reduce.

and they

Didnt Egg sell their accounts to B/shark ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The Barclays taking on EGG has only happened recently - my EGG account has only this month shown up on my file. Another is still with EGG though, only one 'moved' If you're in a DMP but struggling to make the payments then if you are still with your DMP company talk to them about reducing your payments - there negotiation actiivty with your creditors is what you pay them for! Also, if you;re still with them and want to stay with them then tell them you need to go it alone as it's the only way you can get more money into the plan and I bet you they substantically reduce the percentage they are taking. If they won't reduce it then consider doing it yourself for the debts that show on your file and that have produced agreements.

If you are considering administering your own DMP, then have a read of the following.

The following has recently been brought to my attention and could prove very useful. Especially now the OFT guidance specifically states it's an Unfair practice to ignore a cashflow budget!

If you are experiencing difficulty in repaying your debts, CASHflow is a way for you to negotiate affordable repayments with your creditors. Before you can use CASHflow, you must have spoken to one of the free advice agencies licensed to offer CASHflow to their clients. The advice agency will start by talking to you about all of the options available, and can help you to decide if CASHflow is the right one for you.

If you decide to use CASHflow, you will be provided with all of the tools you need to be able to complete your own financial statement and negotiate offers of repayment with creditors yourself. This will enable you to stay in control of your situation, but still have support from an adviser at any stage if you need it.

You can contact a local advice agency to check if they offer CASHflow. You can find a list of free advice agencies that are near to you by searching for a money adviser in England or Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland.

Alternatively, you can call National Debtline on 0808 808 4000

CASHflow: http://www.cashflow.uk.net/

National Debtline: http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/

https://www.mymoneysteps.org/

xx

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...

ok so quick update on this one DX100UK

3) Tesco Credit Cards: Have responded to my CPUTR request with the expected "we've already sent you a reconstituted true copy of your agreement" In addition they've cancelled my previous repayment agreement and are now demanding full payment (and possibly adding fee's and interest again)

4) Barclaycard (One CC from Barclaycard and another from Egg that they've taken responsibility for): Same as above.

So they have not confirmed that they have the original agreements under my CPUTR request.

What would be the next steps? If I sit on my hands I suspect they next I will hear from them is court papers...

Can you confirm for me that without the original they are unlikely to be successful in court? What's the worst that can happen here?

Your advice as always is much appreciated.

it p'haps might be better to split them all off to their ownthreads

in the correctly named forum for the oc

dx

and they