Don't give up !!!!

tedwardo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

For everyone out there thinking of going after Abbey for charges do it !!! And for all those thinking of giving up because of Abbey / DLA PIPER (their solicitor) scare tactics don't do it !!! You will get there in the end. Here is my record of my (very) long battle with ABBEY:

14 April sent initial letter asking for repayment

22 April received letter saying how upset they were that I felt the need to complain !

27 April received the same letter twice telling me that my concerns were being investigated

28 April sent 14 day letter before action

01 May received letter with the usual blether about how the charges are not unfair etc etc.

17 May raised claim in County Court via Moneyclaim

20 May received notification of issue of claim from Northampton C.C.

03 June received acknowledgement of service letter from Northampton C.C.

03 June received letter from DLA PIPER to say they were preparing a defence so for a bit of entertainment I called them to ask what they intended to defend ! The poor trainee Solicitor could not answer !

20 June received copy of defence from DLA Piper

20 June received notification a defence had been filed from Northampton C.C. & claim had been transferred to Newcastle C.C.

05 July Allocation questionnaire sent (I nearly forgot, deadline was next day)

09 August (why so long ?) received notice of allocation to the small claims track ?!?!? Was very confused at this point but the letter told me that basically the Deputy Judge had had a look at the case and allocated it to small claims on 13 October.

26 September, precisely 23 weeks and 4 days since I began the claim I received a letter from DLA PIPER to say on this occasion they would pay up !. They paid everything including interest and court fees and they even added on £3.09 for extra interest had it gone to court, how nice of them.

Evening of 26 September, went to local pub...... the Northumbrian PIPER and had a few pints on ABBEY. CHEERS !

Keep going you will get there in the end.

Tedwardo

• Confused 1

I have to atend court tomorrow DLA have aknowledged the claim but have not put forward a defence to the court. the court official said they did not have to disclose their defence untill tomorrow. I am getting a little nervous now. I am in Scotland any tips would be welcome.