Harrassed by Lowell - Debt not mine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Surely, if the person whose debt this really is, arranges to obtain a statutory declaration from a solicitor to confirm that they are the correct owner of the debt and they send this to Lowell, with details of repayment arrangements based on affordability, this would put an end to the current court proceedings ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much, I hadn't thought of that. I will get onto it today.

It was just a thought. The solicitor should explain if there is any issue with doing this.

It was just that if Lowell Head of Legal Services received a statutory declaration and repayment offer from the real debt owner, they would have to do something with this.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Just an update, my Court Hearing has been adjourned. I have been summonsed for Jury Service and thankfully Lowell cannot interfere in that decision. I am very interested in the post from yourselves regarding vulnerability of debtors and the treatment thereof from bailiffs. I will be commenting.

I have lodged my statement of truth with the court and have amassed witness statements. I have, twice ,contacted two Heads of departments with a view to paying this debt (as the Judge advised) but have received no reply.

I will keep you updated.

Foggy123

Hi

Suggest you read my thread -does lowell ever go to court as it will give you some insight into the dirty tricks you will encounter. In my case lowell did not reply to any of my requests for information failed to pay the court fee and had their case removed from the hearing list. I turned up to present my counter claim for harassment and found to my surprise a barrister and legal director had persuaded the judge to hear the unlisted case for which I was unprepared. I have complained to the OJC and the EU Ombudsman. Lowell may feign incompetence but they have a trusted formula that seems to be working for them. Good luck and keep OFT posted.

Hello,

A quick update. I have an MP on board who is incensed by Lowells behaviour. I will not stop now until I am Lowells downfall. The fact that they, Lowell, have not responded to any offer of payment seems to have opened a can of worms especially in this climate. (Double Recession).

I will keep you posted and am already in contact with OFT.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Foggy

Are you able to say which MP as I have lots of info that I can pass on. There is also an interesting debate in parliament by Andrew McKinley MP about the debt purchase industry recorded in Hansard. Check it out.

• 1 month later...

Foggy

I have seen you on CAG today. Any update ?

Hi,

I am still not available for Court hearing, the Judge has kindly adjourned it.

We have collated lots of evidence so am reasonably confident.

They have refused any offer of payment, probably because this would take us below the level with which you can be made Bankrupt. (£750).

We will make one more attempt and then lodge payments with the Courts.

It was the Judge at the last hearing who advised us to make payments and we couldn't understand the silence from Lowell Heads of Departments,

so on the premise that this company is devious I did some more research and feel that this would be the reason.

It would seem Lowell have no intention of reaching a solution, and we just hope the Courts recognise that their attitude is beyond Bullying and Harassment

I will keep you informed .

Why are you offering payment if the debt is not yours???

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi,

Its my daughter (who the debt belongs to) who is paying.

The judge recommended that she made an offer of payment.

Lowell wanted the payments through my account which is what their Barrister stated after the Court Hearing. which I was reluctant to do .

They will not accept payments from my daughter.

We have the evidence to prove this is her debt so the fact that they will not accept any payments does not bode well for them.

We want the Court to be aware we have tried to settle this debt.

The head of Litigation and the Head of Customer Services have ignored our offers of payment.

We feel not to adhere to the Judges recommendations would not be respectful.

Did your daughter apply for and qualify for this loan ?

Whatever, if the judge has said that she should offer payment, then if she has not done so,

I would suggest a letter by recorded delivery,

with a postal order payment from her.

The letter should be sent to Lowells normal customer service payments team

and not to anyone that is currently dealing with this.

Then if Lowells cash the payment, then there will be evidence of a payment on Lowells systems.

Foggy

I think you may be wasting your time writing to the legal director as not sure if SH can read or write.

I have sent him dozens of letters some by recorded delivery and he has never replied.

It's been two years and they struggle to provide basic information or answers to simple questions.

The ICO are also not getting a reply.

I have submitted another request for information this time through the courts.

I hope that eventually either the ICO or OFT will get off the fence and take appropriate action.

Good luck

Hello,

Well guess what I have been made Bankrupt by the Court.

I received the letter today.

Do I have the right of appeal because this hearing has gone ahead without me even though the Court gave me permission to attend Jury Service which is completed this Friday.

I have been physically sick it was such a shock.

Any help would be appreciated.

The ironic thing is I do not have any debts so how do I go on there?

I have e-mailed the Court asking to appeal I dont know if thats the right thing to do but I did seek their permission first before I filled in my Jury Summons.

Any idea what I do now,

they had a solicitor present apparently,

so me not attending { knew nothing about the hearing] was right up their street.

The thing is what do I do now any ideas.

I have worked hard for 40 years,

I cant let this company ruin the rest of my life.

Hello,

Well guess what I have been made Bankrupt by the Court. I received the letter today. Do I have the right of appeal because this hearing has gone ahead without me even though the Court gave me permission to attend Jury Service which is completed this Friday. I have been physically sick it was such a shock. Any help would be appreciated. The ironic thing is I do not have any debts so how do I go on there?

I have e-mailed the Court asking to appeal I dont know if thats the right thing to do but I did seek their permission first before I filled in my Jury Summons.

We always advise to attend court to put your side, it just isnt possible to counter what the other side will bring up in written submitted evidence unfortunately :-( Obviously in this case the fact you were doing your duty by bring on Jury service just makes it a bit of a mockery of a justice system imho.

S.

Ok, the steps in this will allow you to apply to annul the bankruptcy order, I *think* this is the right path although 42Man will be better disposed to advise, I'll pm him and ask him to drop in

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?itemId=1084607663&r.i=1084607598&r.l1=1073858790&r.l2=1084600731&r.l3=1084596846&r.l4=1084606969&r.t=RESOURCES&type=RESOURCES

Hi,

I am still not available for Court hearing, the Judge has kindly adjourned it.

What evidence of the adjournment did you receive ? How was the adjournment handled by the court ?

I contacted the Court immediately I received the Jury Summons and then had to go to show the Court evidence of this,

they then copied my summons and passed them to the Judge.

I then received a notice of adjournment which said, Notice of Adjournment and underneath this was a date and time of the 25th June.

I took this as this was the date and time of an hearing that had been adjourned,

and although I keep reading it I cannot reach any other conclusion,

at the time thought what a good job it was I had asked permission because I would be unable to attend.

On the notice of Bankruptcy it stated after hearing all the evidence from Lowells solicitor

I had been made Bankrupt at the time of 12minutes past 2 o,oclock as it was to be a two hour meeting

it is obvious they thought I had not bothered to turn up.

The hearing was to start at 2pm.

Thank you for the info you have sent me I will get on to it after Jury Service.

I feel at breaking point but with your continued support I will carry on.

I think you should write to the Judge at the court with details of the adjournment given to you by the court, together with evidence about the jury service. Do this now and don't wait until the jury service has finished. It is up to the Judge and their staff to sort this out, so that another hearing can be arranged, bankruptcy stopped etc.

I would hate for you to leave this for a few weeks and they tell you it is too late. The next step is the court arranging for you to see someone about insolvency.

You should be able to annul quite easily.....I'm not quite sure I follow the story as you seem to have asked for (and been granted) at least one adjournment....have you not had any indication of any other hearings from the court ?

Thank you I have done that, I have also completed the form for an annulment and sent that to the Court. The cost for that is 70 pound. I am just gutted about the whole scenario, The reason I asked the Courts permission to attend Jury Service was so this would not happen. They are already in receipt of my Jury summons form.