Cabot/morgan Claimform fast track - old Cap1 Card Debt

simongee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Molly

Thanks for your message. The package and without prejudice letter is definitely from Morgan Solicitors. There isn't a telephone number and at the bottom of their letterhead it does state than Morgan Solicitors is the in-house litigation department of Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited. The mailing address is in West Malling, Kent.

I have to presume that in some form they're still going.

They've listed a Mr Dickon Edwards as their counsel. Ring any bells with anyone? I can see from his chambers website that he is more of a generalist.

Simongee

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Simon,

What's the address and phone number, for sending docs, on your claim form?

The attached is my claim form and a letter from Morgan...sorry it's not very clear.. but it does show their address and phone and fax numbers..

I have faxed them docs. on that number and also phoned for extension to the defence on that phone number in the past.. but if you phone it now... nothing.

Molly:-)

Should be ok now :oops:

claim001.pdf

morgan001.pdf

Hi

Does anyone have any experience with preparing for trial against Cabots? Consumeredge has been helping me but may have stopped following this thread.

Thanking you all in advance.

simongee

Simon, pop Cabot into the advanced search engine - top right hand side of the screen. You should be looking in the "legal issues" forums

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Will the judgment attached be of any use to you ? It might be worth you summarising the case to date so people dont have to spend ages reading back :)

Cabot v Bachellier.pdf

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

CitizenB

Thanks for attaching the judge's summing up on an older Cabot case. The information is useful. Just wondered whether there was anyone on this site that has just gone through a similar situation and what defence they presented at trial. My hearing is next Thursday and I am getting a little edgy that I am not properly prepared and completely out of my depth.

Any help gratefully received.

simongee

• 2 weeks later...

Off the court tomorrow AM to contest Cabot's Claim for an old Capital One debt.

4 weeks ago, FIRE Debt Collectors write to me to chase the same Cabot debt. Should I raise this in Court tomorrow? Should Cabot be instructing debt collectors prior to a hearing?

Urgent comments appreciated please.

Thanks

simongee

Good luck for today, Simon.

NO.. Cabot should not still be instructing DCAs when there is a claim in progress.

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...
  • dx100uk changed the title to Cabot/morgan Claimform fast track - old Cap1 Card Debt