style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I ordered a new car which displayed faults and poor build quality upon collection and then I discovered a gross misrepresentation. I rejected the car within 5 days (the faults) then a further 6 (misrepresentation). THREE & A HALF YEARS LATER the car still sits on my drive - the dealer does not want to know and contemtuously ignores me.

The Financial Omb. proves to be useless as it makes up its own law and the Sale of Goods/ Misrepresentation Act apparently means nothing - you need to have a case under the SOGA- but then its like judging a beautiful baby competition on the basis of the size of its mother-in-laws feet!

A lawyer whom I consulted asked me why I did not "just return the car"? Can anyone tell me how I would have done this without a court order compelling them to take it back? When I took it to them they simply did not want to know and if I had have left it on the street and posted the keys through their letterbox It would still be mine - I would have been responsible for any fines/accidents etc. re the car and would have abondoned my evidence. Additionally, I have heard that the courts do not like used of the "right of self help"!

When I bought the car I had not saved the extra £15000 to take the dealer to court so I am now having to not only hire cars etc. but save to pay the lawyer....

Can someone please comment because this attempt to squeeze this consumer is getting me down!

Sorry cannot now edit title - Should be Right of Self Help