hillesden default removal

glennjreeve

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI,

I have sent a CCA to Hillesden Securities and they have returned a Signed copy all good.

They registered a default against me on 05/12/2006 for a debt of £4,414 (an old car loan). I currently have £2020 and pay £70/month to Direct Legal Collections who I think are thier collections agency.

My question is, can I offer a settlement with a request of a guarantee that the default be removed and once I have paid, would this returned letter stand up with the CRA to actually have it removed from the file? If so is there a template letter anywhere for this or can anybody help me with one

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Glenn

you can make the offer. but, if the default is legit then it would prob be unlikely that they will remove it.

if able to offer a full and final, could consider making a reduced one in settlement. but note that they may then mark it is 'partially settled'.

Edited by Ford

IMO

:-):rant:

Thank you,

Yes the default was legit, but being so close to it coming off of my file I am a bit unsure what to do. Would I be better to pay the £70 a month, wait until the default comes off of my account (which is approx 6 weeks) and then settle the account as this would show an un-defaulted account being settled?

Thanks again

Glenn