Same default, two companies

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, looking for some help

I have a default 26/02/09 on my CRA file from Barclaycard which was all correct, the debt was sold onto Cabot Financial so Barclaycard marked it as settled on the same date 26/02/09. Cabot then put an entry on my credit file with the default on the same date but as they are collecting the Debt it is obviously not settled. The default looks like 2 separate defaults on my account (I know they are not but a potencial lender may) Is there anything I can do about this, or is this just the way it is.

I sent an Subject Access Request to Cabot and neither them or Barclaycard could provide a signed contract, although i am not disputing i had it, they just sent a blank generic copy.

Also Barclaycard have not updated since the default/settled date

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Glenn

Hi

I know you have been given advice on the welcome forum and no doubt some more will appear here.

My 2p. I think you could write to Cabot and demand the other default to be removed.

You are allowed to place a notice of correction next to the 'wrong' default. this can be up to 200 words

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi again Silverfox1961, the notice of correction will be a last resort for me as i am trying to get a new mortgage and i know the default will stay and affect me on file. My plan was to try and get the Barclaycard one removed completely then offer Cabot a settlement figure on the guarantee that they remove the default from the other one and mark it settled, it is a REAL long shot but has to be worth a try. Just need help on getting it removed and the best route to take

Glenn