• Tweets

• Hi   I hope this is the right place for this post. I dont know a great deal about eviction so I'm seeking some expert advice if possible 🙂 My daughter has received a 6 months section 21 notice which, as she has just given birth to my granddaughter, has caused her stress hence me trying to help her out. Today the landlord has also asked for one months notice if we do manage to find her another place. Is this correct? She currently has a fixed term notice that ends in february and I assume she'll then go on a rolling contract so I'm assuming that it is 🙁 TIA 
    • If I have the correct local authority check these links :    https://www.richmond.gov.uk/services/roads_and_transport/roads_and_road_works/road_and_pathway_maintenance   https://www.richmond.gov.uk/services/roads_and_transport/roads_and_road_works/road_and_pathway_maintenance/road_and_highways_obstuctions   second link has the following :   Builders' skips – check if a skip is licensed before reporting Scaffolding or hoardings Builders materials Temporary works including traffic lights - check if temporary works are scheduled before reporting Overhanging tree branches, hedges Mud/debris on the road Mixing concrete or mortar on the highway Unauthorised vendors or traders Encroachment of highway boundaries * Discharge of water onto the highway Blocking "Rights of Way" Plants and bushes Illegal signs
    • I would challenge all the way ! Check one of my posts as I had a similar issue with my local authority , tree branches and bush covering sign. Took photos same day and a week later lo and behold the branches were cut back. Not my issue the council does not maintain the highways. Looking at your photos how could you tell there were any lines? Of course the council threw it straight back so I appealed and went to the next level and submitted my photos as evidence , they backed down then although still did not admit defeat and stated it as a goodwill gesture... I got some great advice on here so don't be stressed or worried follow the guidelines on here. Either way they are going to try to force you to pay so don't give the @$$ holes an easy ride....
    • Morning Caggers. Hope everybody is safe and well.   Ok will try to make this brief as possible !  Got an early xmas gift from Minster Bay watch in York while working on a site on a retail park, Vehicle overstayed max period (2 hours) . Basically had a short contract with the NHS delivering and installing IT equipment to one of their offices based on the retail park above one of the retail stores. The signage stated two hours max parking , spoke to receptionist who said he would put me on the exclusion list while I was there. Basically has me entering at 8.12 and exit at 15.00 ( to grab some lunch )  although I was there until 6.30pm at night still working. So in theory 8.12am till 18.30pm To add into the mix the car I was driving was just purchased on the 7th Nov and the charge letter dated 10th Nov so again in theory the transfer of ownership was not in my name then , I notice on letter it states we may have obtained your details from DVLA. I actually got the V5 today stating acquired vehicle on 7th Nov   So in the letter column on left is as follows:   Charge notice no ***** Date of contravention - 10/11/2020 Vehicle reg - My current vehicle Vehicle make - - Current vehicle Vehicle model - Current vehicle  Charge value - £100 Date of issue - 20th Nov  Location - Heslington Retail Park - York - YO10 5LA   I have attached a pic of the main body of the letter they are of course offering a discount of £60 ....how jolly nice    So best course of action?   1) Tell them I was driver\owner but working for the NHS with proof of site visit and exemption and lay it on thick about being NHS worker?  (although I imagine it won't make a difference)  2) Deny all knowledge as technically I was not the owner at that point and ask them to prove it  3) Totally ignore and wait for the toilet paper...sorry threat o grams?   I have now left that contract but still have my NHS badge as proof of employment   Thanks NTD...
    • Fraudsters are using the details of firms we authorise to try to convince people that they work for a genuine, authorised firm. Find out more about this ‘clone firm’. View the full article
  • Our picks

Perevious Debt from years ago

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3241 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

A friend of mine approached me today with a concern. We're meant to be booking a holiday away in August. Anyway, years ago he took out a loan and got into money trouble which left him in a awkward situation, he wanted to pay but couldn't. Instead of facing the debt he moved house a few times over a period of times and changed his number.

He's worried now that, because obviously the bank had copies of his photo id previous years ago, that his passport maybe flagged up at passport control and he'd get pulled to one side. I said this was unlikely but I don't really know too much about these situations. He hasn't heard from the bank in at least 4 years he thinks. I said they'd probably write it off. What extent do they use the copy of your passport to? Is it purely ID or something more cynical? I said I'd try and find out for him so any advice would be great. By the way this is my first thread, so if I've put it in the wrong place let me know. Thank you for you time

Please assure your friend that he will NOT be stopped or "flagged" at Passport Control. The bank would have only used a copy of his passport for ID purposes.

Guest Mrs Hobbit

I will eat my passport if this ever got flagged at passport control. I travel frequently and have had my run in with the banks et al and not once have I stopped and asked about my old unpaid alleged debts.

The debt won't be written off, but you can bet the amount outstanding will be sold on to a debt purchasing crowd and they will come after your friend. The banks generally sell these debts on about the five year mark, because six years the debt becomes uneforceable, but still stands.

Just be cool, book your holiday and only worry about the profilers at the airport. This is another story and not for this thread.

Unless he's wanted by Interpol he won't be stopped either leaving or entering the UK. debt is a civil matter not a criminal one. ;)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Okay. I said it would be unlikely but I didn't want to say for certain. He never told me about this before and I've been mates with him for years, he sat down with me and the Mrs and expressed his concerns. He's been delaying a holiday for years because of this. Apparently it was an unsecured loan and a credit card. As far as i'm aware, he's got another bank account with a different supplier and not had any problems. I was concerned for him and also concerned that booking the holiday would be ruined if he got pulled up.

Thanks for your input guys. Any further info will be appreciated too, I can then relay to him.

blimey where did he ever get that idea!

90% of the uk would be in the clink if this was the case!

bring back debtors prision!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I don't know where he got the idea. Think its just been bugging him for years and he's thought about it too much. I asked him the same question, he said "well they must have a copy of your passport for some reason"

I really feel for him, Its been eating him for years and he's not told a soul. Until now!

If he hasn't made a payment or written acknowledgement of the debt in six years (five in Scotland) then it would be Statute Barred in any case.

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

he said "well they must have a copy of your passport for some reason"
To cover their corporate asses because of the Money Laundering Act. they need proof that the person opening an a/c is in fact that person & not some gangsta. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Right, gottcha! I'm learning more about this myself now! So, what you guys are saying is, book the holiday and tell him not to worry too much :) I thought this would be the case but, to be honest, I wasn't too sure and the way he was thinking was making me think too!

I'm not exactly sure how long its been but from what he told me, he's not had contact for a long long time 4 years at least. So, is it the case that they don't really have a leg to stand on?

They can still apply to take enforcement action through a court if the debt is not SB, but they would have to find him first. If it is SB all they can do is ask nicely for payment... obviously he can equally as nicely tell them to do one. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi guys. Spoken to my mate, he thinks its 5 years since written contact. They phoned, he hung up and changed his number. So I'm guessin he's not doing badly! He had a massive weight lifted when I told him the passport thing wasn't a problem. Thank you all for your advice.