Vodafone (again)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry if I seem to panic easily its just that the letters are going to my parent's house and my mum is pressuring me to resolve it with Vodafone. Their email is still down so I will email Lee again. I feel bad for the poor guy!

Panic is what debt collection agencies rely on. If the worst comes to the worst, Mobile bills etc are more trouble than they're worth for any legal action to take place. (I've never heard of a mobile phone provider or DCA taking anyone to court and I've been around these forums quite a few years!)

Chill, ignore the DCA and let Lee do the panicking for you :p

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 2 weeks later...

Chill, ignore the DCA and let Lee do the panicking for you :p

Hi locutus,

As with any case where a query is raised over the balance of an account which has been assigned to a DCA I'll always arrange for debt recovery action to be suspended while we investigate the customer's concerns.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

The Office of fair traiding says that if there is a dispute, the DCA should halt collection activity. From reading around on CAG this rarely happens. The downside for yourselves is that it not only reflects on the DCA, it also reflects on Vodafone. You arranging for the DCA to stop is all well and good, but in cases like this where the OP has disputed owing this collection activity should not have started :p

Just my 2p worth... I know you'll get to the bottom of this.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Absolutely locutus.

I entirely agree that in instances of account disputes any debt recovery action should be suspended as soon as the DCA becomes aware of the dispute and then refer matters back to us for investigation.

In the majority of cases this does happen; however, where it doesn't I will, and do, feed these concerns back to enable the DCA to review matters at their end.

Naturally, we would prefer not to refer an account to a DCA but there will inevitably be occasions where this becomes necessary.

However, where we have established a dialogue with the customer over their dispute prior to the point which we would usually refer the account to a DCA, action can and should be taken to prevent the account from being referred on while we work with the customer to resolve their concerns.

Best wishes,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK