Vodafone (again)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm at the end of my tether with this company.

I cannot believe their lack of ethics.

I had to leave them before the end of the contract ended before I was appalled by their customer service.

Minor inconveniences; things like calling me up and shouting at me down the phone (that was their idea of a welcome call)

and asking me for my personal details and then when I asked them how I knew they were from Vodafone,

they got really aggressive and eventually put the phone down.

I eventually came across a better package and joined another company.

I was forewarned that there would be an amount to pay for leaving the contract early which I said was fine.

I was quoted the amount I owed and was given a PAC code.

I thought that seeing as I had minutes and texts etc left on my contract I'd use them up before transferring my number over.

I was careful with my usage and kept calling the balance enquiry number which kept me updated.

A couple of weeks later, I switched over to my new provider.

It wasn't until a few weeks after that that Vodafone sent me a letter saying I owed them money,

but I assumed they would take it from my account as the money was already there.

The second letter arrived in quick succession with the break down of what I owed and I was shocked

when I realised that it was almost double what I was expecting to pay.

It was at that point that I contacted the customer services on the phone.

I initially spoke to a semi helpful lady who told me that most of the bill was for data usage charges and then I got cut off and spoke to someone called Nina (?)

who asked me why I was querying about the data usage charges as I had gone over before.

Of course, I was fuming and said I didn't know Vodafone had a penal system for customers who went over their limits.

I had explained many times to Nina and later on her supervisor Radwa (?), I just wanted one thing answering,

why wasn't I given an accurate up to date disclosure of what I owed to the company?

If I had known, I would have switched my sim over sooner.

No one could explain the anomaly, just that "you used it, you pay for it."

I just found it incredibly misleading and couldn't understand why my balance enquiry was inaccurate.

Furthermore, the whole experience was frustrating and to add insult to injury,

the customer complaints emailing service has been down for the past week or so and when I checked online,

I saw other people experiencing the same problem and the email service has been down since the 21st December.

I wanted to contact the company via email so that I could at least have some sort of a better explanation.

I've since received a letter from a debt collection agency contacting me on their behalf.

I'm unsure of what to do because Vodafone clearly has no incentive to resolve this matter amicably as I'm no longer with them

and I can't raise my concerns with them via email where someone might understand what I'm saying.

I'd appreciate any help on the matter as I've never experienced anything like this in my life.

Many thanks

i'd let LEE sort it

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on CAG is with the very best of intentions.

vodafone UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately at [email protected] quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in the subject line.

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is.

Many thanks

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

In another VF thread Lee mentions that there may be a need for some training issues. Ya think!!

I have monitored many telecoms threads over the last few months and I am of the opinion VF have the worst customer service in the telecoms market (and I include TalkTalk in with my opinion)

Having said that, Lee does have a good track record and where possible, will help so it can do no haarm to try the email system again (if it's working)

If you get no response during the week we can send Lee a message

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I agree, I was shocked when I started searching for help online. I saw probably 3/4 times people complaining about VF than any other provider. I'm just a bit scared because of the threatening letters from the debt collectors. I'm no longer living at the postal address. It's where my parents live, despite the fact that VF said they have evidence that I'm living there. (I didn't change my address because I'm always moving).

The email service is still down and has been for a fortnight. It's absolutely diabolical. They seem slow on fixing everything but they're fairly speedy in sending out their letters asking for money. I've barely had time to reply.

I'll send Lee a message. he logs in a few times during the week and if VFs email is still down, at least he will get notice from me.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

follow post 2 info

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi purple_rain,

It's disappointing to read about your experience here but thanks for making me aware of it.

As advised by dx and silverfox could you email me via the contact details provided in post two to enable me to get the concerns you've expressed investigated further?

Please be assured that as soon as you're in touch with me I'll get back to you as quickly as possible.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Fredrickson International Limited Debt Collection Services, what a joke £24.99 my son owed them, sorted with Vodafone and this muppet company starts phoning demanding personal info and now sending warning letters (this after everything sorted with Vodafone) We have 3 contract phones with these and we will all be leaving if they carry on like this. Lee (the cag man) please get this muppet company to immediately stop this heavy handed tactics as it will be costing them big time.

That's the same debt collection agency which send letters to me at my parent's address. Now I'm a bit worried they're going to be difficult to deal with because I don't live with my parents anymore. I don't want their bailiffs doing anything irrational. My mum has already left them because she like myself had had enough with the lack of customer service.

It's funny because a few months ago, a rep from Vodafone rang and asked me whether I'd recommend the network to a friend xD 10 guesses what I said to that...

That's the same debt collection agency which send letters to me at my parent's address. Now I'm a bit worried they're going to be difficult to deal with because I don't live with my parents anymore. I don't want their bailiffs doing anything irrational. My mum has already left them because she like myself had had enough with the lack of customer service.

It's funny because a few months ago, a rep from Vodafone rang and asked me whether I'd recommend the network to a friend xD 10 guesses what I said to that...

No bailiff will call. For a bailiff to call, this matter would have to be put through the courts first. If you were to lose the case and failed to pay any judgement then and only then can a bailiff get involved

Thanks Lee and everyone :) I've sent the email. I'm still a bit concerned about the debt collection agency as no doubt they will be in contact soon. Shall I contact them and keep them informed of what's happening or shall I just ignore them in the meanwhile?

Hi purple_rain,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I can confirm that I've received your email and as such will get back to you as quickly as I can.

In regard to the contact already received from the DCA please try not to worry too much as I'll address this as well.

Fredrickson International Limited Debt Collection Services, what a joke £24.99 my son owed them, sorted with Vodafone and this muppet company starts phoning demanding personal info and now sending warning letters (this after everything sorted with Vodafone) We have 3 contract phones with these and we will all be leaving if they carry on like this. Lee (the cag man) please get this muppet company to immediately stop this heavy handed tactics as it will be costing them big time.

Hi davest,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

To enable me to get the concerns you've raised here addressed could you email me with the details in question via the contact information in our pinned thread here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems?

Please be assured that as soon as I receive it I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

I have to disagree and say without a shadow of a doubt that T-Mobile have the worst customer care team ever (in my opinion) at least you have Lee!!! He seems like a miracle worker...Good luck

Thanks for your kind words here kingsallycafac - they're appreciated.

Best of luck with getting your issues resolved.

Kind regards to you all.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Sorry to hijack this thread.

Tried to send details through to the contact info but my computer won't let me, anyway Lee as far as I am aware my problems sorted just can't believe how these dca gang got our home line phone number then phoning demanding that we must give them personal details in a very menacing way stating that we have no choice or else ? (which I wouldn't) then the letter all after being sorted by VF, have had no problems with our other 2 accounts which we've had for years. Thanks for your time. I will leave things as they are unless I have anymore contact from them. Thanks

Hi davest,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I can certainly understand the concerns you've raised and I remain happy to look into these further. Could you try to send the email again for me?

Without being able to access the account I naturally can't comment as to why you still received contact from the DCA after payment was made to us but I genuinely believe that this is something which needs investigating.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Thanks for looking into the problem Lee :)

I'm a bit concerned as I've received another letter from FPC debt collection agency threatening legal action and all sorts. Should I reply or call them up at all? The amount they want from me is mounting and changing with every letter and I don't want my credit rating to get screwed up because of all this. I feel like Vodafone and FPC are blackmailing me to pay by scaremongering and really what I want are some answers which I feel I'm entitled to. It's not my fault that their customer service email is down and the call operators can't answer questions directly!

no NEVER EVER call a DCA

no DCA has any legal powers so ignore them

dx

and they

That's what I thought but in the last letter they said they will be going ahead with legal proceedings. The amount I owe seems to be mounting as well. I've not heard back from Lee because it takes time for him to investigate but FPC aren't letting up.

That's what I thought but in the last letter they said they will be going ahead with legal proceedings. The amount I owe seems to be mounting as well. I've not heard back from Lee because it takes time for him to investigate but FPC aren't letting up.

no they cant

they are not the oc

read the letter properly

it will be littered with

if,may,might, should, intend, advise

not WILL

dx

and they

I suggest yet another formal complaint to Vodafone as their agents are threatening something they are not in a position to do. Vodafone are responsible for their agents actions. FPC (Freds) can only advise Vodafone to commence legal action and to be honest, I haven't heard of them doing so. They will flog the debt proper and let the DCA carry the can

Thanks for looking into the problem Lee :)

I'm a bit concerned as I've received another letter from FPC debt collection agency threatening legal action and all sorts. Should I reply or call them up at all? The amount they want from me is mounting and changing with every letter and I don't want my credit rating to get screwed up because of all this. I feel like Vodafone and FPC are blackmailing me to pay by scaremongering and really what I want are some answers which I feel I'm entitled to. It's not my fault that their customer service email is down and the call operators can't answer questions directly!

Hi purple_rain,

Please be assured that while I investigate your concerns debt recovery action will be suspended.

I've received your latest email and will get back to you again as soon as I can.

I suggest yet another formal complaint to Vodafone as their agents are threatening something they are not in a position to do. Vodafone are responsible for their agents actions. FPC (Freds) can only advise Vodafone to commence legal action and to be honest, I haven't heard of them doing so. They will flog the debt proper and let the DCA carry the can

Hi silverfox,

As I have in the past, I am able to review concerns which are raised following contact received from DCAs and do feedback things back to the relevant department where required.

As such, sending separate correspondence to us isn't necessary in this instance as matters are already being handled by me.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK