Please HELP haven't declared correct income for Tax Credit's!!!

discobetty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Reposting as I put orginal thread up between xmas and new year so apologies if you've already seen this one, but starting to get quite scared about how I deal with this

I received a letter from the HMRC team on 12th December 2011, just asking for some more information on my tax credit claim, and to send information back my 11th Janurary 2012.

Asking if I still worked at the same company that I had orginally told them i worked at in 2005, but I have been with 2 other companies since 2006, and since being at these 2 company's my income has increased, but i haven't declared the increase.

£21,000 is my actual income, and has been for last 3 years but am glad this is finally out, as have been putting my head in sand hoping it will go away and I have not been sleeping for days as I had been carrying this guilt for long time as it just seem's I seem to be sufffering some kind of crisis when i receive my renewal pack its been too easy just to put lower income in and sign and post back.

And know fine well what I've being doing is absolutely terribe and am so embarrassed that I could lower myself to do this as I consider myself a very honest person. But I'll put my hand up as I know I've done wrong and say I'm willing to pay back any money I've been overpaid which I think is maybe about £9K.

Please help. Do I just fill in form with the correct information and put letter in explaining everything, will I go to prison? will they contact my employer?

I do not have any excuse, and sick with worry incase they prosecute me and I lose job, but suppose I've no body to blame but myself.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Discobetty,

Sorry, I won't be of much help as I'm a rookie, but I'm sure others on the forum will be. If you've not already done so, speak to someone in the C.A.B.; their service is free, confidential, and meant to help you. Nine grand over a number of years is a serious amount of money, and so you need to have a chat with someone who actually knows the score. I'm pretty sure that working out tax credits awards is a complicated business, and so they'll hopefully be able to give you a more accurate picture of what you do and don't owe.

Thanks very much I'll contact CAB on Monday as wasn't too sure who to contact and when your working full time its hard to get away but there is one near my work so I'll phone them and try and get an appoinment with them.....thanks

But terrified at the mess I've got myself in, can't believe how stupied I've been :oops: