Another Mini Credit Drama, loan was £280 now £1,232.50!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya,

Usual mini credit story....

• Circumstances changed and couldnt afford to pay back debt.
  • Sent letters and numerous emails (all kept) advising a resaonable repayment offer every month but nothing.
  • Recieved the standard doorstep visits and sent appropriate letters
  • Kept recieving telephone calls despite me advising I would only communicate by letter + to stop ringing - logged all calls.
  • today have recieved a poorly worded "last letter before legal action"

It's quite a hefty amount and I know they could bankrupt me but i seriously dont know where to turn now? do I write again, knowing that my letter is bound to be ignored? I've already quoted OFT and other organisations but doesnt get me anywhere. Should I sit tight and wait for court?

Many thanks

Hi

I don't think they do court (or at least I haven't heard of a case) To be honest, I think if they did court without following proper pre-action protocols they could get a (virtual) slap from the judge. Pre-action protocol is negotiation, not demanding.

As they are licenced by the OFT they have a duty to follow the debt collection guidance or risk their licence

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/OFT664Rev.pdf

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I would actually answer the phone and have a conversation with them. If you guys can negotiate a deal over the phone and then get it confirmed in writing it might stop all the unnecessary hassle. If you do come to an arrangement however, do NOT give over your details agree to pay by standing order only.

Thanks for the advice but they are so rude on the phone and they don't understand me and just keep syaing we'll take the full amount from your debit card. It's so frustrating - I'm not too sure how much I owe because the amounts vary from letter to letter!!

I've quoted OFT and threatened them but they don't seem bothered. Out of my 10 pay day loan companies, these are by far the worse!!

I would never ever give them my card details but I have trawled through this site and it seems their bank account details are as rare as getting blood out of a stone!

All i can say is LOL!!!!! Ive got the same problem, they are impossible to communicate with and ive given up now. If they want to take me to court fine maybe then a judge can mediate and get these nutcases of my back. Mind you I havent heard a word in ages, probably shouldnt have said that though....tempting fate and all that :) Maybe I actually owe them a zillion pounds by now :)