• Tweets

• What's the reason for not wanting a smart meter? Personally I'm saving a pile on a tariff only available with one. Today electricity is 17.17p/kWh. If the meter is truly past its certification date the supplier is obliged to replace it. If you refuse to allow this then eventually they'll get warrant and do so by force. Certified life varies between models and generations, some only 10 or 15 years, some older types as long as 40 years or maybe even more. Your meter should have its certified start date marked somewhere so if you doubt the supplier you can look up the certified life and cross check.
    • No I'm not. Even if I was then comments on this forum wouldn't constitute legal advice in the formal sense. Now you've engaged a lawyer directly can I just make couple of final suggestions? Firstly make sure he is fully aware of the facts. And don't mix and match by taking his advice on one aspect while ploughing your own furrow on others.  Let us know how you get on now you have a solicitor acting for you.
    • Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Revitalize Health & Beauty Unauthorised Payments

4148boome
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all,

We ordered some free samples from Revitalize Health & Beauty and they asked for postage of £2.95 only.

The samples arrived, then we noticed that three unauthorised payments have come out of the account, £51.00, £79.99, and £74.95 respectively.

I called the Bank to stop any further payments, and to get their comments, and they say that they know of this Company and the terms and conditions state that they can take further payments from the account.

I did not remember and T & C's when ordering. The Bank can stop any further payments, but can we get any re-dress from this [problem]?

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boome, I did the same thing an got stung as well, though my bank were also powerless to stop it unless I filled a request form with company name, order no., etc. Try that. I've been trying to find these cowboys in the Companies House weblist but no joy. Anybody got any ideas???

DS

Boome,

Have just been onto their call centre in the Phillipines (yea, I know!) and told them the situation and that I had reported it as a fraud with my bank. She gave me a cancellation code (they hadn't done it yet!) and promised a refund for both unauthorised payments in 7 - 10 working days and that I was to send back the next shipment when it arrived. So hopefully...

The number I had for them was 0808 1683684 from the shipment docket but I was on hold for ages. Got another one from a [problem] forum and it was answered quite quickly: 0808 178732011. Good luck!

DS.

Tell the bank these are unauthorised payments and you have not received any goods, therefore the banks fraud lot need to become involved.

Then contact Trading Standards and Ripofftipoff and let them know the story - these companies are a menace and just because they hide their real identities in the internet they are still liable for various laws in the countries they actually are from.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi I just ordered something off this site and then read these and freaked out so when back over and read the terms and conditions which are right at the bottom of the page in a separate link which is very sneaky and it also says you will be billed monthly for these products as well so I hope you have managed to cancel the payments.

There are absolutely loads of these about at the minute, far more than usual. I've had offers for everything, from free trials of tooth whitening products to some type of dermabrasion, land in my email in-box over the last couple of weeks and they're all almost identical - pay £2.95 P&P, get the product free. When you squint at the small print, it says that you get a 14 or 30 day free trial, after which you will be billed for either £69.99 or £79.99 per month.

Other than cancel your card and report them to TS, I have no idea what (if anything) can be done about them to be honest. I just don't ever give out my card details for a supposed "Free Trial" of anything anymore.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

Boome,

Have just been onto their call centre in the Phillipines (yea, I know!) and told them the situation and that I had reported it as a fraud with my bank. She gave me a cancellation code (they hadn't done it yet!) and promised a refund for both unauthorised payments in 7 - 10 working days and that I was to send back the next shipment when it arrived. So hopefully...

The number I had for them was 0808 1683684 from the shipment docket but I was on hold for ages. Got another one from a [problem] forum and it was answered quite quickly: 0808 178732011. Good luck!

DS.

Hi i've just suffered the same problem as you, i used the 2nd number that you recommended, i was still on hold for a while but got through in the end, and after telling the lady i was speaking to half way through the conversation that i was recording it she suddenly changed what she was telling me and appologised. i've been told i'll receive a refund for one of the two payments in 7-10 working days. i just wondered if you did receive your repayments? also i would warn anyone from giving their card details for any free or cheap offers

I would do as I suggest, get a basic bank account with Halifax Easycash where you get a debit card, put only funds in there to pay internet sites and then your income is safe from future raids.

The only time I missed this I got caught with a 'future shipment' even though I hadn't received the FIRST shipment payment. Halifax stopped it going through very quickly. They are more aware of these dodgy companies now.

Hello.. Well, I am a victim of this people to. I order the products on the beginings of January and recieved them today. They've only charged me the 5.00 euros of shipping. After I read this blog y called my bank and canceled my card so they can't make furder charges to mi account. But now I don't know what to do with the products! Should I call them to cancel the suscription? SHould I send them back?

Yes i to am victim of the small print paid £5.95 for sample

and have lost £76 on my credit card, the credit card company know all about this [problem] but tell me they can do nothing at present. I am now going to report it to the police as fraud. Any body else got any ideas on how to reclaim from this [problem]

use chargeback

do not take no for an answer.

refund now

investigate later

many banks do not understand chargeback

keep going up the chain ttill you get it.

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As mine was done with my debit card they can continue to take the cash from my account so I have to cancel my bank account ...what a bunch of sh*ts it was so so unclear .

Hi I used my debit card ...does this only apply to credit cards?

I feel such a bloody idiot

As mine was done with my debit card they can continue to take the cash from my account so I have to cancel my bank account ...what a bunch of sh*ts it was so so unclear .

no just instruct your bank in WRITING

not to honour any more requests for payments

dx

and they

Hi I used my debit card ...does this only apply to credit cards?

no debit cards too

read the link!

dx

and they

Yes. Been there and done it.

Bank have been unhelpful and have had conflicting advice. They are saying I will not get all my money back totals £200.90 plus sending by special recorded delivery 2 letters to Revitalize, cost nearly £11. Stressed yes. This money was for my winter fuel payment. Scared to put my heating on now even though it has got colder as the money has gone. What can I do now?

All banks who issue Visa cards have only recently agreed to process chargeback requests, and there is still widespread confusion over what it is and how it works. Therefore if you meet a dead end in your discussions with bank staff, persist. The facility is there for you to take advantage of.

Just keep at them. Then, as SillyGirl1 said further up the thread, report the company.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

Yes. Been there and done it.

Bank have been unhelpful and have had conflicting advice. They are saying I will not get all my money back totals £200.90 plus sending by special recorded delivery 2 letters to Revitalize, cost nearly £11. Stressed yes. This money was for my winter fuel payment. Scared to put my heating on now even though it has got colder as the money has gone. What can I do now?

ring back and demand it is done

as above info

dx

and they

I also got caught out on this - absolutely stunned when I saw the money on my credit card, and received another item today.

Luckily I found this post and realised what is going on, used the 2nd number to call them and advised them that I hadn't authorised payments,

had signed up for the free offer and postage only, and don't even remember seeing anything about t&c's.

I told them I had seen information that many people had already been caught out by this,

and that I wanted the money to be credited to my account and would be returning the products (apparently there is something about having to cancel in 16 days to get free offer!!).

They said they could only refund on the unused product, and wouldn't refund or accept return of used product.

I then told them I would contact Fair Trading both in the UK and Australia about this and that I wanted to speak to a supervisor,

at which point she spoke to her supervisor and came back to say all would be refunded to my account within 7-10 days

and my account with them has been closed so I will not receive any further products or charges.

Have received emails to that effect - hope that is the end of it.

First and last time I have taken up free offers which charge for postage!!

i fell into the trap of the free samples.

After watching Rip of Britain I was shocked to see it was all a [problem] and found they have taken over £400 from my account!

On reading the posts above I have contacted the company on the 08081683684 number.

You have to be prepared to put up a battle to get you money back.

Dont take no for an answer!

After quoting the Financial Ombudsman and threatening to take further action and demanding to speak with a supervisor

I have hopefully made some progress.

They have confirmed to repay all of the money they have taken within 7 - 10 days.

Hopefully this will happen and I'll keep you posted. Dont give up and hopefully this will work for you to!

I also got caught out on this - absolutely stunned when I saw the money on my credit card, and received another item today.

Luckily I found this post and realised what is going on, used the 2nd number to call them and advised them that I hadn't authorised payments,

had signed up for the free offer and postage only, and don't even remember seeing anything about t&c's.

I told them I had seen information that many people had already been caught out by this,

and that I wanted the money to be credited to my account and would be returning the products (apparently there is something about having to cancel in 16 days to get free offer!!).

They said they could only refund on the unused product, and wouldn't refund or accept return of used product.

I then told them I would contact Fair Trading both in the UK and Australia about this and that I wanted to speak to a supervisor,

at which point she spoke to her supervisor and came back to say all would be refunded to my account within 7-10 days

and my account with them has been closed so I will not receive any further products or charges.

Have received emails to that effect - hope that is the end of it.

First and last time I have taken up free offers which charge for postage!!

can you post up the email please

so other can use it for ref in getting their money back.

dx

and they

Same happened with me! :( However unlike some, I have been able to reach them on this number 08081683684, which was also answered very quickly. :)

At first would not give refund, then offered 50% when i said i would take advise and write to them. :( I was then offered 100% refund, within the next 7-10 working days. :)

Fingers crossed this will happen. Will let you know what happens.

Good luck to others suffering this problem. :(