Comet Televison extended warranty...shoddy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I brough a lcd tv from comet 4 years ago, and took out the extended warranty.

My screen has recently gone, the engineer came out to look at it and told me I needed a new one,

as this one was faulty, which he would order then come back to replace,

he said that this was always happening, and basically he and the other engineers were sick of it,

before he attempted to fit it, he told me it was a reconditioned screen.

He went away and reordered another one.

In the meantime my husband contacted comet who told him that the engineer had lied,

and in fact the screen was brand new

he asked for this in writing as we didnt belive comet,

but they did it and sent the letter.

This week another engineer came to fit the "New" screen which was in a battered box,

he got it out and said this is no good, its secondhand, which he wrote on our repair docket...

.there were burn marks on the back of the screen, and the "white" labels inside were all brown...with AGE/SMOKE..

We are having a running battle with comet at the moment, they are basically saing their engineers are lying.

Yesterday Comet called us and said they had located a "Part" but would need to take the appliance away and fix it in their workshop and leave us without a TV...obviously we refused this.

This morning they called again and told us they would supply us with a "Loan" tv,( as a gesture of goodwill, and still needed to take our old tv away as it was a large job

and needed to be fixed in their workshop...LOL... I am now wondering why they didnt do this in the first place....it is a 30min job for gods sake!

In my opinion, they have loads of spare parts for this particular model, and are going to try and piece together a new TV with the old parts they have lying around,

as the model we have they no longer sell online or in their store.

I am so frustrated and am considering taking legal action against Comet.

We have New for Old on the policy.

.so should get a brand new screen! ..

.so buyer beware...

. is the insurance worth buying..

.I Think NOT...

would I buy from Comet again..

.not a chance!

I am off today to buy a new tv and take Comet to court.

Outragous!

Guest Comet Response
Hi all, I brough a lcd tv from comet 4 years ago, and took out the extended warranty. My screen has recently gone, the engineer came out to look at it and told me I needed a new one, as this one was faulty, which he would order then come back to replace, he said that this was always happening, and basically he and the other engineers were sick of it, before he attempted to fit it, he told me it was a reconditioned screen. He went away and reordered another one. In the meantime my husband contacted comet who told him that the engineer had lied, and in fact the screen was brand new he asked for this in writing as we didnt belive comet, but they did it and sent the letter. This week another engineer came to fit the "New" screen which was in a battered box, he got it out and said this is no good, its secondhand, which he wrote on our repair docket....there were burn marks on the back of the screen, and the "white" labels inside were all brown...with AGE/SMOKE.. We are having a running battle with comet at the moment, they are basically saing their engineers are lying. Yesterday Comet called us and said they had located a "Part" but would need to take the appliance away and fix it in their workshop and leave us without a TV...obviously we refused this. This morning they called again and told us they would supply us with a "Loan" tv,( as a gesture of goodwill, and still needed to take our old tv away as it was a large job and needed to be fixed in their workshop...LOL... I am now wondering why they didnt do this in the first place....it is a 30min job for gods sake! In my opinion, the have loads of spare parts for this particular model, and are going to try and piece together a new TV with the old parts they have lying around, as the model we have they no longer sell online or in their store. I am so frustrated and am considering taking legal action against Comet. We have New for Old on the policy..so should get a brand new screen! ...so buyer beware.... is the insurance worth buying...I Think NOT...would I buy from Comet again...not a chance! I am off today to buy a new tv and take Comet to court. Outragous!

Hi Julie,

I am sorry to note the problems you have experienced with your TV, and the further issues also experienced with the repair.

It was concerning to note that you have been given conflicting information regarding the parts which were due to be used for your repairs. It certainly should have been identified sooner that a workshop repair was required, not after two home visits had been completed.

So that I can investigate this matter further and ensure a suitable outcome is provided as soon as possible, please email me via http://comet.custhelp.com/app/ask/, quoting your username, and I will help.

Andy

thread moved to comet forum

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

please once pers details are exchanged

keep the thread updated

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...