Purchased fashionable boots that contained a 1/4" nail in the heal.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A few day before Christmas I purchased a pair of fashionable fire-trap boots.

I of course tried the pair boots in the shop, right boot only, was very impressed and delighted with the style, so hence bought them.

I decide to try the boots on, and when I tried the left boot, to my horror and pain the left boot contained a 1/4 inch nail in the heal of the boot.

I suffered penetration, bruising and soreness which lasted for a few days if and when I walked around the house is my slippers or bare feet.

Due to no idea on where the nail has been, I decide to seek treatment from my local doctors surgery the next morning who gave me a tetanus injection and told that it would be fine in a few days.

The nail is not an alien object it seems it was part of fixing the heal to the boot.

I then telephoned the Store and spoke to the Manager, who told me to call into the store the next day to fill in some forms.

When I arrived at the store who for now WILL remain ominousness, the store manager took over several minutes to attend to me, when he finally did was amused and confused but did not ask how I was and I am alright.

Then offered to replace the boots, Yep replace, no explaination, no form filling nothing, so I promptly asked for his Head Office Customers Services details.

I have since telephoned the company who have stated that a letter regarding my complaint has been sent.

I have receipt, photographs of my injury and the boots which I sent them a copy and stated, I can send the originals on request.

I would like to know where I stand (Trading Standards and Health & Safety) on this matter as I am extremely disappointed on how I have been dealt with and seek a satisfactory conclusion to my complaint and the fact I have a defected goods.

Master Sun SAID:

Ultimate Excellence Lies Not in Winning Every Battle

But In Defeating the Enemy Without Ever Fighting.8-)

Well done on keeping a complete record.

You should have the wound examined by a doctor and tell him/her that you may need a report for a claim.

You should write to the company with copies of all your evidence and require a payment in compensation. If the wound is completely healed and there are no after-effects then £200 might be a good figure.

Here's how it will go.

The company will inform their insurers, you will receive letters and forms and after several months there will be an offer made to you which won't be nearly what you are after. You will then say it isn't enough and eventually, because you are fed up with it all and it has been so long, you will accept a certain figure which will be given to you without liability in full and final settlement.

Here's how it could go. You write to the company. tell them you want £200 and that you want it within 7 days. They will tell you that it is with their insurers and you will hear in due course. After your 7 day deadline you write to them again and tell that you are not satisfied with their response and their delay. You tell them that their insurer is their own business and has nothing to do with you. you bought the boots from them, not their insurer. You tell them that if you don't get your money in full within 7 days, that you will sue in the county court.

You hear nothing - or another fob off letter.

You issue the claim.

They take you seriously.

They start writing to you with offers of settlement which are less than you asked for.

You refuse them

They eventually settle in full

You decide.

Well done on keeping a complete record.

You should have the wound examined by a doctor and tell him/her that you may need a report for a claim.

You should write to the company with copies of all your evidence and require a payment in compensation. If the wound is completely healed and there are no after-effects then £200 might be a good figure.

Here's how it will go.

The company will inform their insurers, you will receive letters and forms and after several months there will be an offer made to you which won't be nearly what you are after. You will then say it isn't enough and eventually, because you are fed up with it all and it has been so long, you will accept a certain figure which will be given to you without liability in full and final settlement.

Here's how it could go. You write to the company. tell them you want £200 and that you want it within 7 days. They will tell you that it is with their insurers and you will hear in due course. After your 7 day deadline you write to them again and tell that you are not satisfied with their response and their delay. You tell them that their insurer is their own business and has nothing to do with you. you bought the boots from them, not their insurer. You tell them that if you don't get your money in full within 7 days, that you will sue in the county court.

You hear nothing - or another fob off letter.

You issue the claim.

They take you seriously.

They start writing to you with offers of settlement which are less than you asked for.

You refuse them

They eventually settle in full

You decide.

Excellent,

Thanks for your reply which I will use as a template. I will update this thread as my wife has confirmed their is a letter from the company at home, which I will open when I return from working away tomorrow.

Master Sun SAID:

Ultimate Excellence Lies Not in Winning Every Battle

But In Defeating the Enemy Without Ever Fighting.8-)