Return of goods, time limit.

lornastaff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I recieved a gift as a christmas present, which my partner had brought online on the 12th of december, unfortunatly the gift was the wrong size, so contacted the company as soon as possible which was the 27th of december. However the company have said as the item was brought more than seven days previous to this date there was nothing they could do.

As you can imagine to order a gift for christmas and then give the gift on christmas day, then to organise the return within seven days is quite an ask. I wanted to know if there is anything I can do.

The item is in the original packaging with all the original labels. I am not asking for my money back just an exchange to the correct size.

Thanks for your help

Decent companies nowadays have an extended return policy for xmas gifts, but if they didn't say anything of the kind on their t&Cs then standard DSR apply, which as the Ghost says, mean 7 working days, but contrary to what theGhost says, it's 7 working days from the day after receipt of goods, so it would depend on when the goods were received. If the goods arrived before the 15th December then you have no recourse, however if they arrived from the 15th onwards, then contacting on the 27th means you were still within DSR and you (or rather your partner) are entitled to return the goods, no question about it.

People are often confused as to what the 7 days DSR work out as, but the legislation is quite clear in the matter.

• 4 weeks later...

Technically there's a whole raft of stuff they have to tell you about before the 7 working days starts to count down; if they have missed something (right to cancel, geographical address etc) or haven't provided you the correct details (including their terms and conditions) in a durable medium (ie.print or email (something you can keep), not the web site you ordered from). If they've missed something you could have an extra 3 months (Reg 11), have a look at regulations 7 and 8 to see what they should have supplied...http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2000/2334/contents/made