Being harrassed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone give me some advise. I am being harrassed by a workman who is :evil: and who worked on the house. He says I owe him money when I dont. He was taken to court by someone else and has now claimed I was at fault in this claim and has made a Part 20 claim made against me. It is all lies he has told the court, but how do you prove that. He has received a part 1 harrassment order by the police and is now using the internet to spread more lies about me to people I worked with. I called the police about this, but they seem uninterested. I am at my wits end about this. I have also now been contacted by a woman whom he done this to before and a man who also took him to court. He actually threatened to kill this man and has assaulted him in the past. I made the court aware of this, but they said its unrelated to this case and are not interested. I need a solicitor to represent me in court, but can't afford to appoint one as I am on I.S. Anyone any idea what I can do. He is suing me for £48,000.:sad::-x and telling the court a whole pile of lies to prove his case, which because didn't happen I have no proof of to defend myself

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was plastering a ceiling for me in a family members house, (not even mine lol), but has told the court he literally renovated the entire house and wants paid for. How do I prove he didnt, when there is no paperwork relating to it. He has claimed he will produce receipts for items bought for the work, which he didnt do and has listed numerous things he didnt do to the house and billed me for them. He has done this before to others too, but the court said these are different cases and dont want that evidence. I have tried to find a legal aid solicitor who will deal with a fast track claim, but got no where. No one seems to want to deal with Fast Track claims.

Edited by Hadenoughofthis

You need to go back to the police and ask to see a senior officer about the harassment.

As for the claim against you, you need to list it point by point and then your own answers. If he is claiming for stuff, is this stuff in the property and has anyone got proof of purchase or that the items have been around for a while. Take photographic evidence.

The police said to ignore him, that was a senior officer.

The stuff referred to is the costs of materials to renovate a house and his worktime. Obviously he could have receipts from anywhere, he is a builder. The house is in a very good state of repair, so taking photographs of it wont help me. I need to prove he hasnt done the work claimed, but dont know how to do that. I have thought of going to cowboy builders, but they only repair badworkmanship and dont deal with disputes over what work was or wasnt done.

How do you prove someone hasnt done work that they are claiming they have.

The house is in a very good state and is quite new. There was also a new bathroom and kitchen fitted last year by a friend, who has told the court he fitted them. Tried trading standards, they will only be interested once the court decide. I also dont think he declares anything. Taxman is a thought though, but that doesnt solve my issue, only gets him in trouble for tax evasion and doesnt stop the harrassment or the court case. He does it in a very clever way, that I know its him, but the police cant prove its him. He makes little comments about something that he has said in the past, but does things annon.... Tried to get the police to trace his IP address, but it was obvious they thought it too small to take up their time, which is understandable with the crime rates in the UK. Makes me realise how vulnerable we are to cowboy builders.

I can't believe I can't find a solicitor to deal with a Fast Track claim on legal aid.

What a terrible situation for you ! If you can't get a solicitor and you have to move fast I can only suggest that you ask the women who he has done to to before and the man he threatened to kill to be witness for you. You can only explain to the court that you did not have the work done and that his receipts are bogus, althouht could be related to another job, you or him have no way to prove it. It sounds like a lot of stuff should have been delivered to your house he did not just bring 48k worth of stuff to your door. Get these receipts and speak to the builders merchants. Unless he is a very very large outfit he did not bring that stuff on the back of his pickup truck or van. Find his work collegues etc he did not do all that work on his own, get statements from your neighbours that no work took place. The court bundle can hold any information you want not what the court say is unrelated. Go for it with both barrels get those receipts for a start but don't let on your checking with the merchants.

I actually have the court papers from the cases against the woman and the man, but the court wouldnt even look at them at the case management hearing. (Incidently he lost all of these cases). But the judge wouldnt look at them and said they are unrelated to this case.

Nothing was delivered to the house, I presume he will claim he brought it all on his own, he is a one man band, has no employees.

I have statements from the neighbours, but he has said they were not in the house they did not see what work was being completed. He even knows one of the neighbours and owes them money.

He hasn't given me any paperwork yet related to the case, he says he only has to do this 14 days before the hearing, which is at the beginning of next month. so I havent seen any receipts yet.

:-)I do like the idea of suing him for liable, can someone expand on this. How do I do this and what information do I need. I would happily give every penny I get away to a charity if it stops this nightmare I am in.

He has made numerous false accusations against me which has resulted in my being arrested for harrassment and threatening behaviour only to be released without charge (when the police looked at the evidence they actually considered arresting him at that point), being investigated for benefit fraud, made numerous false accusations online to my work collegues and much more. The police took no action against me saying his complaint was not upheld (they subsequently charged him with harrassment), the benefit fraud investigation showed no fraud was being made and no action was taken and I have copy of what he has said online about me, but there is so much more false allegations he has made to the court. He reported us to every agency you can imagine. I live in fear of whose knocking the door next because of him. We have had pizza's delivered which we havent ordered, taxi's turn up at the door in the middle of the night, the list is endless. I know its him, but I cant prove it.:sad:

The man who had problems with him before believes he is very dangerous and is Psychotic, which is really frightening as they are capable of anything without thinking they are in the wrong.

I actually have the court papers from the cases against the woman and the man, but the court wouldnt even look at them at the case management hearing. (Incidently he lost all of these cases). But the judge wouldnt look at them and said they are unrelated to this case.

Nothing was delivered to the house, I presume he will claim he brought it all on his own, he is a one man band, has no employees.

I have statements from the neighbours, but he has said they were not in the house they did not see what work was being completed. He even knows one of the neighbours and owes them money.

He hasn't given me any paperwork yet related to the case, he says he only has to do this 14 days before the hearing, which is at the beginning of next month. so I havent seen any receipts yet.

:-)I do like the idea of suing him for liable, can someone expand on this. How do I do this and what information do I need. I would happily give every penny I get away to a charity if it stops this nightmare I am in.

He has made numerous false accusations against me which has resulted in my being arrested for harrassment and threatening behaviour only to be released without charge (when the police looked at the evidence they actually considered arresting him at that point), being investigated for benefit fraud, made numerous false accusations online to my work collegues and much more. The police took no action against me saying his complaint was not upheld (they subsequently charged him with harrassment), the benefit fraud investigation showed no fraud was being made and no action was taken and I have copy of what he has said online about me, but there is so much more false allegations he has made to the court. He reported us to every agency you can imagine. I live in fear of whose knocking the door next because of him. We have had pizza's delivered which we havent ordered, taxi's turn up at the door in the middle of the night, the list is endless. I know its him, but I cant prove it.:sad:

The man who had problems with him before believes he is very dangerous and is Psychotic, which is really frightening as they are capable of anything without thinking they are in the wrong.

The Court is correct that other alledged claims are not relevant to your case.

I have very large concerns about your trying to sue for libel. you said this guys posts on the internt are annon? Any clue as to the nature of what is being said?

But with english law and liabel is not up to you to prove allegations it's upto defendant to not prove them.

Personally seek solicitors advice, 14 days before court case doesn't sound right either....

My respect to people who post regularly and help people out on here. Without your help alot of wrongs would have been committed.

My girlfriend was in a similar position

The police eventually cottoned on & investigated

The 'builder' had previous for GBH & gun offences, he had no qualifications or skill, his work was very poor

When he got wind of the police involvement he did a bunk.

You need to refute his allegations in court, provide whatever proof you can

Get back in touch with the police & raise a complaint if they do nothing in responce

Maybe a surveyor could help with refuting the completion date of the works

When I get stuff delivered from a builders merchant it says the delivery address on the delivery note

£48k of work would require a lot of material, my neighbours see me coming & going I would find it hard to believe the neighbours of the house had not seen or heard this builder moving a lot of material into this property......

Also if he is invoicing this amount of work he most likely should be VAT reg'd. Now those guys really don't like being defrauded

Is it the same taxi firm used?

Is it the same pizza delivery?

Ask them to record the numbers comin up ?

Unless he is dialling 141, but if free phone I believe the number comes up....defo contact the police again

My respect to people who post regularly and help people out on here. Without your help alot of wrongs would have been committed.

Why wouldn't judge look at the previous surely this goes against mental state and that he lies to get to court ,...

But with english law and liabel is not up to you to prove allegations it's upto defendant to not prove them.

Personally seek solicitors advice, 14 days before court case doesn't sound right either....

Yes, but if the libel originally took place anonymously, it's still going to boil down to one word against the other (basically). Even if ISP records are obtained, that doesn't prove that it was him using the computer or the connection at the time the libel took place. Not to mention the fact that, even if Hadenoughofthis won the case, where is the money for the damages going to come from? I doubt suing would be worth it myself.

Focusing on the court claim, I'd do as Cymruambyth says in post #5. Write down everything that he's claiming for, then go through it and under each part write down all the reasons why it isn't true and see if you have any evidence to back up what you're saying.

As far as the harassment goes, you really need to push the Police about that. Has he made any direct threats to you?

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

There is no records to the work done, he never gave me estimates or anything. We agreed a price, this was paid in cash and he done the work.

With regards liable. The things he put on the internet he has also said to the court in writing, also the claim of benefit fraud, (which he told the court I was being investigated for). I have a statement from the police officer who interviewed me confirming I committeed no crime and that he was subsequently charged a Part 1 Harrassment order for his behaviour. I have a statement from the neighbours confirming he was seen working in one room only and the other neighbour has confirmed that he did not complete the work claimed. The statements printed online are exactly as he reported them to the courts.

With regards the ordering of pizzas and taxi's they are all coming from a mobile number, but when you call that number it is always switched off. I think he has this simcard just to harrass me and only uses it when he is up to something.

I actually am beginning to wonder if this is the same guy as mentioned by Newtothenight as the people I have spoken too whom he has worked with before says he keeps doing a bunk as so many people are looking for him for money owed.

I understand he has just moved house again, having done a midnight flit and the owner of the private let he was in has had to give the new tenants 6 months free rent due to the condition he left that property in.

With regards the VAT guys, again this would not solve the issue, rather only report him for VAT evasion, which I am sure he would wriggle out of as he seems a slimy get. My daughter passed him at her college and he started shouting at her calling her a s**t and some other very nasty names in front of all her college friends. She was mortified.

Can someone tell me exactly what liable is and what I need to prove it as I have a mountain of claims he has made to the court, which are untrue and I have the evidence of this. He has also changed his story three times to in some parts to the court. How would I go about sueing for it as again I cant find a lawyer to deal with a civil matter on legal aid. I sometimes wish I was a man and not in a wheelchair, I would punch this git in the face.

The thing is, Hadenough, if you can't afford a solicitor then a libel claim is out of the question, really. Libel law is notoriously complicated, I doubt it's something you could handle on your own. If you really want to go down that road, look for a legal firm in your area that does free initial consultations and see what they say.

Apart from getting a surveyor in to assess the areas he's claiming to have renovated, I have no idea what else you can do regarding the court claim against you, especially if you can't refer to his previous court cases. You may just have to get along with the witness statements.

I take it he has continued to harass you since the Harrassment order?

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

Yes, he is still harrassing me, but in a different way than before. He used to target me directly, now he targets my daughter in the street, postings on the internet, pizza's, taxi's, I have even started receiving emails from a XXX rated website:jaw: from people asking if I am interesting in XXX things as they have seen my posting. :mad2: I havent registered on any such website, I just don't know how to handle this all. GOOD NEWS THOUGH, I spoke to a solicitor who is 80 miles away, but is considering taking on the case, she is going to call tomorrow to let me know. When I advised her of what he has said and done and what has been happening, she was appalled and has gone to try to bend her bosses ears to take on the case. Its a hope, better than nothing.

I know this may sound stupid, but I really am at my wits end and had thought of ending everything the wrong way, but just your caring answers has been a power of strength to me. Thank you to everyone who has given me advise, it has been a moral support. LUV U ALL

Oh my goodness, really I do understand your feelings about this but think about your daughter and your family. Be strong, this will soon be over and you will begin anew whatever happens. He is really trying it on.......... I do hope the solicitor takes this on but if not you can get through this. Wait for the 14 days and see the bills from the merchants then contact them, you can send any information to the court and him at a later date if new evidence comes to light. In your bundle send all the information that you have available to you even though they say you cant use it. The judge will be a different person and will read it. You have enough information of your own anyway. Inform the police of his actions against your daughter, this is very important. From what he has done previously it sounds as though he wont turn up anyway !!! you have people who are prepared to speak up for you and be witness he really has nothing, no one will speak for him you have friends and neighbours who will. The other cases have not won him a sausage remember that, they won and so will you.