How do I get Court Case adjourned

foxyj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4494 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have a Court Case this week but received the letter around the 18 Dec as I work shifts i couldn't get to arrange my papers & make an appointment to use the court mediation service,when I did get to call there was a message saying the mediation service won't be opening back untill the 3rd of JAN plus the claimants witness papers didn't arrive through the post on the 30 DEC, which doesn't leave me with enough time to prepare mine. Can I get my case adjourned & if yes how do I go.about it. any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi thanks for the reply,i already have their witness papers but in the hearing letter (N157), it state that all parties files should be submited to the Courts and other parties 14 days before the hearing but i recieived the Court papers and the Cliaments papers late and not prepared mine that is why im looking for an adjournement.

First step is to ask other side if they will agree to an adjournment; if they do then you both write to the court in those terms. If they don't, you will have to take your chances and ask for an adjournment at the hearing but bear in mind there is a chance the judge will refuse in which case you will be in difficulty. If you can I would arrange to get your papers filed and served now, even though they are late.

ok will do,the hearing is on Thursday the holiday post really has messed this up just hope the DJ takes the holiday period into account THANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE.