Early repayment calculations with First Plus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Please can someone give me a little advice with early repayment on a Secured First Plus loan? The situation is that in Februrary 2008 I took out a 40,000 secure loan with First Plus (no PPI). I am wanting to pay this off when I sell my home this year. There should be enough to cover the loan if the interest is calculated in a normal way. I am concerned that I might have a Rule 78 loan (or something like that) and I am concerned that I will have to pay back more than I originally took out? Is there an early redemption penalty that I need to be aware of?

On my agreement under Early Repayment it says something to the effect of I will need to pay back all installments and interest to the settlement date which seems straight forward but then it mentions a rebate in line with the CCA notwithstanding that this agreement isn't covered by the CCA. ??

I have tried registering with.the first plus complaints website but the registration form will not accept my email account. Which is why I came back here.

Thanks