Noisy Car - Want to reject

RingoC
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Update 13/01

Well - we brought the car to the garage today and done the 80 mile round trip. When we got the the garage they took it for a test drive with us and heard some engine noise that they thought may be due to bad design of the engine cover causing it to vibrate. Then the mechanic made mention that he thinks a spring has gone at the back too

We've been told to bring it back next week on the 17th early hours so that they can look at it again while-we-wait

Keep us posted Ringo. Perhaps when they admit that it is a problem for them to put right, they may like to consider contributing to your travel expences!

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Any developments Ringo?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Hey,

We brought it back to the dealer who spent 15 minutes with the car and added a little bit of lubrication to the belt and stated that they could find no faults. They have then told the finance company that they extensively examined the car throughout the whole day...

I'm at wits end with it really and so asked another independant to take a look. They have identified the same engine noise that I have been complaining of but cannot investigate further without doing an internal investigation. They think it may be a noisy tappet but also identified problems with the injectors, timing belt and an oil leak around the crankshaft pulley. Also the air con system has a leak and the rear shocks are noisy...

It just makes me wonder how they can identify these problems when the dealer can't and the finance company are trying to remain independant without offerring any extra assistance

That's what the correspondance from the finance company states in a letter to us

"With a view to clarifying matters, we telephone the supplying dealers, X, who confirmed that the vehicle had been extensively tested throughout the whole day on Wednesday 18th..."

As I say though, I waited nearly 2 hours for the car to be seen for 15 minutes. I have informed them of this

I would give them another couple of days and then consider sending both the seller and the finance co an LBA.

Please Note