working tax credit and maternity leave question?xx

babybear1985
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bit of a queer one but im officially due to go back to work on tomorrow 2nd jan but will be returning tuesday 3rd jan because of the bank holiday....currently on unpaid maternity leave and recieving only child tax credit and child benefit, basically I was diagnosed with pnd some time ago and although i thought i would be okay to go back to work I dont think I am. I know im probably not going to be entitled to ssp through work as i have not been earning for the required qualifying weeks as on unpaid maternity leave but that i can apply for it through the government...what i am questioning though is im not getting working tax credits as when your on unpaid maternity leave you are classed as not working ( dont know why ) but when i go back to work i will be entitled but as im returning pretty much straight on sick leave will i still be entitled to it? does this make sense? very confusin and could just generally do without all the form filling and crap at the moment??xx

:-) 19/01/2011 Reclaimed £313.93 Capital One Credit Card Charges

:razz: 23/03/2011 Reclaimed £140.00 Studio Catalogue Charges

8-) 30/03/2011 Reclaimed £84.00 Fashion World Charges

:-) 30/03/2011 Reclaimed £132.00 Brilliant Gift Shop Charges

:razz: 04/04/2011 Reclaimed £180.00 JD Williams Charges

welcome to the forum

are you a disable or single mum on working tax credit?

Iaintw is a registered customer services official/profit Protection staff/supermarket worker and who deals with customers

Buying laptops with advice etc

ISP Moderator and chat room helper for chats

Aviationist and train advice

Credit references and bank helper advice

Loss Protection (civil recovery)

I was with my babies father but we split up a while a go, when I was living with him we werent entitled to any wtc/housing benefit etc because of his income, as we have split up I was attempting to go back to work as I simply dont think I can survive on benefits and dont want to as a long term thing, Ive always loved having my independance but due to circumstances and my PND I cant go back at the moment. Am surviving on ctc and cb at the moment and just about to apply for housing benefit etc.

p.s when i rang the tax credits office to change my claim from joint to single they said i would be entitled to wtc when i go back to work.....but im not sure if that applies with me going on sick leave after unpaid maternity leave??? am a making sense....feel like im just sounding confusing xx

Talk to your employer you have the right to speak to your employer if you have problems at home or work (Human resources can be the best)

Iaintw is a registered customer services official/profit Protection staff/supermarket worker and who deals with customers

no you are not confused

hmm you getting unpaid martity leave (you should have the right to have paid maritiy leave (that company has broken your contract!)

lol thank you....i do intend to speak to my employer on tuesday when they reopen after the holidays, do you know anything about the wtc query at all? if not its okay I will just ring them too on tuesday they will prob be able to advise me best am just sat here worrying myself over everything xx

no I was getting paid maternity leave and just had a month off unpaid after 39 weeks of statutory maternity pay I wasnt ready to go back due to post natal depression but cannot afford to stay off any longer...although to be honest am not sure if either way is going to benefit me at all!!! xx

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/TaxCredits/Keepingyourtaxcreditsuptodate/Changesthataffectyourtaxcredits/Changesatwork/DG_174175

If I've read your post correctly, you're a single parent. This means if you have no SSP entitlement, you could claim income support (IS) on the basis of being a lone parent.

If you are not entitled to SSP then you will be able to claim I.S as a Lone Parent, you could have made a claim a month ago while on unpaid leave. If you do make a claim ask for backdating it may be worth it. Dont struggle on ctc and chb you are entitled.

I I simply dont think I can survive on benefits and dont want to as a long term thing

It doesn't have to be. Whilst you can stay on IS until your youngest is 7, you don't have to. There is nothing wrong with claiming for a little while until you sort yourself out. IS would entitle you to full housing benefit and council tax benefit.