Capital One Finance & A L Wright Threat-o-texts!!

AMANDA1973
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can anyone give me some advice. I too have got into debt with this company, I recieved a text saying :-

Pre removal - I am due to call tou your address on 01/01/12 between 8am and 9am to stop action call 01747593007 to make a token payment today A L WRIGHT. I phoned this number and offered £40, they said they needed £240. i said I needed to transerfer money into my account first. They then said they would but the door step visit on hold until Tuesday afternoon. He said if I didn't pay a Mr Marsden would come with a van and collected items to cover the debt. Please can anyone advise me on what to do. I am so worried about this. Thanks

Please can anyone give me some advice. I too have got into debt with this company, I recieved a text saying :-

Pre removal - I am due to call tou your address on 01/01/12 between 8am and 9am to stop action call 01747593007 to make a token payment today A L WRIGHT. I phoned this number and offered £40, they said they needed £240. i said I needed to transerfer money into my account first. They then said they would but the door step visit on hold until Tuesday afternoon. He said if I didn't pay a Mr Marsden would come with a van and collected items to cover the debt. Please can anyone advise me on what to do. I am so worried about this. Thanks

Pre removal - I am due to call to your address on 01/01/12 between 8am and 9am to stop action call 01747593007 to make a token payment today A L WRIGHT. I phoned this number and offered £40, they said they needed £240. i said I needed to transerfer money into my account first. They then said they would but the door step visit on hold until Tuesday afternoon. He said if I didn't pay a Mr Marsden would come with a van and collected items to cover the debt. Please can anyone advise me on what to do. I am so worried about this. Thanks

Hello and Welcome,

I've moved this thread to the appropriate Forum and unapproved your duplicate.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

you need to start your own thread

see my sig

DONT PAY THEM ANYTHING

they are NOT bailiffss

but a SPOOFING DCA

with no legal powers

stay OFF THAT PHONE!!

if you gave them your card details

CANCEL THE CARD NOW!!

report them to TS/OFT urgently too

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hmmmmmm.......have you seen my thread mate? Exactly the same message. I would be interested to find out where in the country you are seen as he thinks he can be in two places at once! He is apparently calling at mine on exactly the same day and time! Oh and if they do turn up to remove any goods they are breaking the law. If this is not a CCJ that you have defaulted on, they can't send anyone to collect anything! Don't pay a penny and don't ring them again.

Hi i'm from the York area Where are you from. I'm really worried about them coming tomorrow. I just wont answer the door and call the police think if they come.

Hmmmmmm.......have you seen my thread mate? Exactly the same message. I would be interested to find out where in the country you are seen as he thinks he can be in two places at once! He is apparently calling at mine on exactly the same day and time! Oh and if they do turn up to remove any goods they are breaking the law. If this is not a CCJ that you have defaulted on, they can't send anyone to collect anything! Don't pay a penny and don't ring them again.

While I advocate staying off the phone to these companies, if you have the facility to record this guys ramblings and you have the strength to listen, record him. You do not have to mention any recording at all but I happen to think it's nice to let him know at the very end of the call and listen to the splutters.

Ok, you can't use the actual recording without his (or a judge's) permission but you can transcribe it :-)

Keep that text and report them to Trading Standards and the OFT. His actions are no more than harassment

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi, yes I am from Staffordshire. Don't worry, nobody will be coming to any of us so just relax and enjoy your new year. I really hope he texts me again with empty threats. I will enjoy taking him apart. Let us know if any of you get any more contact from them and so will I. Happy new year!

'they' CANNOT take anything 'they' are NOT CERTIFFIED BAILIFFS

only certified bailiffs can take good AFTER you've had a CCJ issued

and

AFTER you FAIL TO PAY it.

as NONE of this is TRUE

can we just FORGET about them ever coming around.

this is a tin-pot back-street debt collection agency

you or me could say exactly the same htings on the phone!!

ignore them.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dont any of you dare ring that number!!!

dx

and they

Well guess what..............................nope, he didn't come to mine either! Jokers! I am not even bothering about it any more. If they are legitimate then they will write to us all so lets just wait for that to happen. I am not calling them or speaking to them other than in writing and I advise all of you to do the same.

York, the North East, Staffordshire, Bournemouth - all at the same time?

When I read that lot, I thought, "He must have a bicycle"

Now, I find that he's not visited, I think we may assume that his bicycle has a puncture!

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Do not offer a payment plan to these people, report them to Consumer Direct as stated in post 22, then send them the "No Doorstep Callers" letter by recorded delivery. Please do not allow these bullies to make your life a misery or pay them money that you can ill afford to, in my opinion they are worse than muggers.

Don't know if i'm coming or going!

If you want to set up a payment plan then your first point of contact should certainly be COF.

Only if and only when you are notified in writing that COF has assigned the account or the handling of the account to any third party company should you consider dealing with that company and only then once you can be certain that the debt has been lawfully passed on.

A debt collector cannot under any circumstances remove property from your home, a bailiff cannot under any circumstances remove property from your home for a debt resulting from an agreement regulated by the cca1974 without firstly obtaining a county court judgment, secondly you defaulting on paying that judgment and thirdly applying for and being granted a warrant of execution from the courts.

So good for you that you want to act responsibly and clear this outstanding debt but please rest assured that the threats to take your belongings are wholly baseless and then empower yourself to negotiate on your terms when deciding on a payment plan, don't let yourself be panicked into agreeing a sum you can't afford for fear of a knock at the door. It won't happen..... Al wright!! :wink:

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

I would also make COF aware of the behaviour of the company in their employ, as surely they have a responsibility for you being misled by this debt collector pretending to be a bailiff. COF might prefer not pay a company that will bring them into disrepute.

Don't know if i'm coming or going!

cof are well aware of wrights tactics.

just as marshall hoares bailiffs for another pdl

they are learning many punters can be spoofed as they know no better.

i know of one punter that was charges £175 for one letter from MHB

and he coughed..

dx

and they

Thankyou for all your help. If anyone has tried to set up a payment plan which cof has excepted, please let me know how you went about this. I will not be phoning the number that they texted me with and as someone else said it needs to be in writing first.

Thanks again x