Faulty Speakers Now Discontinued (Logitech/Ebuyer)

swiftkidd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I purchased a pair of Logitech Z 10 speakers from ebuyer March 2010. They are now faulty under a 2 year warranty. My problem is the products since been discontinued so I'm unable to get replacements. I've had to deal direct with Logitech as Ebuyers automated form automatically cuts off and says contact Logitech about faults & repairs.

So for the last three week's I've been emailing back & forth to Logitech's support. They agreed to a warranty 'exchange' no problem except they no longer have any in their warehouse due to recently discontinuing the product. This isn't really relevant but at the time play.com had them in stock. Logitech wanted me to print out a return label and arrange an UPS pickup to ship them out to the Netherlands before they process my refund.

During that time the speakers at play.com have sold out. I can't find them any where due to they've been discontinued so I no longer wish to ship them back as I really don't like any other speakers so a £50 refund isn't of great help to me but what's more I emailed the trader at play who claims he sourced the speakers from an agent who specializes in Logitech clearance stock from the Netherlands. So in essence Logitech has sold my warranty/guarantee speakers to play.com.

I requested Logitech locate Z 10's to which they claim they are unable to track global stocks so I requested a repair to which they said they do not have a repair service so I've requested a full refund to enable me to get them repaired myself which they've denied me claiming they need the product back in order to refund me.

I requested that guy's superior to which he side-stepped & ignored & basically said:

There are 2 options that we can offer you but nothing else. Please review them in the following.

1- We replace your Z-10 with a different Logtech Speaker System (see the available systems from at a same price range. Please note; you will have to send your product back to us through a local post office which is free of charge.

2- We offer full money refund for your Z-10 speakers. Please note; we will have to arrange a free of charge pick up for your Z-10, then when we receive your product we will issue the money refund.

If any of those above are is not suitable for you then there is nothing we can do from here. In this case please contact to our Head Quarters.

Head Quarters are based in Switzerland. I'm residing in the UK. so I see no way of contacting HQ other than writing to them, I've requested email but he says they don't have email.

"I am sorry but there is no anyother way to contact and made a complain to Logitech Headquarters than sending a written document through post."

So what are my options am I really left with the above two. I told the guy to get Logitech HQ to email me or call me but he's really not taking much notice. Just a bunch of useless pleasantries & formality

thanks

Your contract is with Ebuyer not logitech or play. com

The Sale of goods act is your best friend here.

--------------------------------

That's true, but I'm still entitled to take it up direct with the manufacturer. I've cut out the middle man but Ebuyer refers me to Logitech as stated when I started to fill out the return claim it cut the form off when selecting return due to faulty from drop down menu.

It said for faults contact Logitech direct.

Update: Option 3 has come into place

Thanks for your response. If you accept our Loyalty discount code as explained below, you will not need to send your faulty Z-10 speakers back to us, however, Z-10 will be out of warranty anymore and you will not be able to claim for a warranty exchange for Z-10 in the future.

We can offer you loyalty discount Logitech understands the situation in which you have been placed.

Logitech values you as a loyal customer and as a gesture of goodwill I can provide you with a Loyalty Discount code. The Loyalty Discount code will allow you to place one order on the Logitech.com online store with a discount of 50%.

Please note that some conditions apply, as the Loyalty Discount code:

- Can only be used for one purchase and for one similar product.

- Is only valid for 30 days.

- Does not include a discount on shipping costs.

Would you be interested in receiving a Loyalty Discount code?

And other 2 options are still valid as summarized below;

1- We replace your Z-10 with a different Logtech Speaker System (see the available systems from at a same price range. Please note; you will have to send your product back to us through a local post office which is free of charge.

2- We offer full money refund for your Z-10 speakers. Please note; we will have to arrange a free of charge pick up for your Z-10, then when we receive your product we will issue the money refund.

I am waiting for your valuable reply.

My reply:

Hm, I don't think Logitech quiet understands my situation or appreciates my  loyalty. I did further research into speaker repairs & in order to repair my  Logitech speakers it's in all likely hood that I would require a replacement  part which of course can only be provided by Logitech. Which repair &  replacement parts has already been ruled out as an option so Z 10's are no good  to me anymore.

50% discount I'm assuming this is excluding the £52.88  refund for the Z 10 speakers. I want the Z906's which is priced at £299.00 in  Logitech's store but can be found for £230 on Ebay as noted before Logitech  store does not compete with it's customers (Buyers)/Traders/Resellers  etc.

So I will pay £100 for Z906's, Return the Z 10 speakers &  forfeit the refund. Which would make it a true 50% discount. 

Do you think this is a good deal ? I send the speakers back, pay £100 & get 50% of Z906 (5.1 speaker setup) though tbh I don't really want a 5.1 & Logitech products look like they're made from cheap toy plastics..

They are trying to rip me of by claiming I can have 50% off without my refund. my refund is worth £52.88 & Logitech stores overinflated price on average 20-25% more expensive then their online retailers..

• 2 weeks later...

Update & resolved:

Sent a couple more email's to Logitech & received a phone call the next morning from their headquarters in Switzerland I told Logitech how thing's where going to go down.

My deal: I've returned my Z-10's in exchange for a full refund (£52.88). Received a 50% off in-store discount code and used it to purchase "Logitech Speaker System Z906 & Bluetooth Wireless Adapter priced £299.00.

So paid £149.50. Not quiet my 50% off (Product Price) so also requested & received. Logitech Ultimate Ears 200Vi priced £34.99 so roughly works out my 50%. Which I'm kinda happy with as I got a double victory as you'll see in my next thread " Mis-sold & now faulty"

Edit: the only thing I forgot to do was use 'Topcashback' to receive a 5.5% cashback of £7.50 :|