Car Finance Debt - Advice Please!!!

ditchy76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

Last year i bought a BMW, however during the couple of months it was on the road i had the car back to the garage a staggering 15 times. The car had problem after problem until eventually the cylinder head gasket blew and the car was to be driven no more.

On contacting the finance company they asked me to try and find a quotation to get the car repaired and they would put something towards getting it fixed (bear in mind this took me a long time for them to agree to it). The cheapest quote i had was £1500 so there was no way i could afford even half of that. The finance company (Welcome Finance) then began asking why i had stopped making payments on the car which i couldn't understand because they had a note of everything that had happened. Eventually they decided to take the car back.

5 months later they picked the car up from my drive, again i must have made about 15 calls to try and get a date for them to pick the car up and all they kept telling me was that "you are not paying for the car anymore so dont worry, it will be picked up soon"

More than 8 months later i get a letter from the finance company asking me to make payment for the car which i find stange because they agreed to take the car back. I am know being hassled on a regular basis by people from the company asking when i am going to make a payment, please help!!!

Paul;-)

• 8 months later...

hi, are you still having problems with welcome finance? i bought a car from a local car garage and used welcome finance. I had loads of problems with it, it was back and fourth to the garage loads of times. after 2 months of it being off the road i stopped making payments. Welcome said get a quote and they will pay towards it. I said i didnt want the car anymore as it was obviously a heap.They were supposed to pick it up 3 months ago, im still waiting! in the meantime they are asking for payments, i refuse because the car is crap! they keep threatening me saying that i owe them £11000 and thay will recover the debt from my house that i own. They are cowboys and i dont know how they get away with it! all the while they dont collect the car they are charging me interest! its a 2004 subaru impreza wrx, they said it will go to an auction and they will only get £200 for it so i will owe over £11000! what a joke. there is no way that i could prove how much they get for it at an auction so they can charge me whatever they like. They also charge me for every phonecall they make to me even if i miss it! they have called me up 25 times in 3 hours! at £25 a time! they never put anything in writing either.i would love to hear the outcome of your story.

regards

Lauren